Tech Talk: Digital ecosystems, CDBC challenges, video banking, and more!
- The world is being digitalized
- What DLT may mean for banks
- Succeeding in open banking
- CBDC: Challenges and opportunities
- Doubling down on video banking
- Unauthorized access: 43% of all breaches
- Finance apps vulnerable to breaches
- Digital ecosystems and super-apps
- Learning from neobanks and fintechs
- Spam, Scams & Breaches
- Updates, Patches & Alerts
- and on the lighter side...
The world is being digitalized
Americans are implementing crypto energetically into P2P transfers: PayPal clients from the US may use Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin for their payments. Why consider cryptocurrency payment methods? Finextra has the details.
What DLT may mean for banks
Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) may be the next phase of the digital revolution. There’s keen interest in cryptocurrency, and banks need to plan whether and to what extent they will participate. This blog explores the lexicon of virtual currencies and what they may mean for banks. Finextra has the details.
Succeeding in open banking
Learn how banks need to strategically implement digital operating models to succeed in the digital and open banking world and the ways in which digital banks focus on their customers. Finextra has the details.
CBDC: Challenges and opportunities
There's good reason for the Fed to be cautious, careful and deliberate about a digital dollar, especially since CBDCs pose significant challenges around privacy and security that may require new and novel technologies to overcome. Finextra has the details.
Doubling down on video banking
US Bank has introduced a co-browsing feature that lets customers share their screen with, and see live video of, an employee. The co-browsing feature is designed to let a customer and banker view and navigate online and mobile banking together. Finextra has the details.
Unauthorized access: 43% of all breaches
There has been a 450% surge in breaches containing usernames and passwords globally and researchers also found unauthorized access was the leading cause of breaches for the third consecutive year. Help Net Security has the details.
Finance apps vulnerable to breaches
An Intertrust report reveals that 77% of financial apps have at least one serious vulnerability that could lead to a data breach. This report comes at a time where finance mobile app usage has rapidly accelerated, with the number of user sessions in finance apps increasing by up to 49% over the first half of 2020. Help Net Security has the details.
Digital ecosystems and super-apps
Banking 4.0 is characterized by digital innovations, fusing the physical, artificial, and biological worlds, affecting societies, industries, and companies with ever higher speed and intensity. Our journey from the industrial economy to the digital era opens up new vistas on how to create and capture value for businesses and clients of the next generation. Finextra has the details.
Learning from neobanks and fintechs
The pandemic has created an opportunity for traditional financial institutions to innovate in order to improve customer experience. In doing so, they might take a page from the playbook of digital-only banks and fintech companies. CIO has the details.
Spams, Scams, and Breaches
- Help Net Security: Higher encryption adoption driven by rising data breach threats
- Dark Reading: Data Breaches Drive Higher Loan Interest Rates
- Threatpozt: Application Layer is Still the Front Door for Data Breaches
- Dark Reading: Phished Account Credentials Mostly Verified in Hours
- TechRepublic: Billions of passwords leaked online from past data breaches
Updates, Patches, and Alerts...
- US-CERT: Current Activity
- Naked Security: Chrome zero-day, hot on the heels of Microsoft’s IE zero-day. Patch now!
- Threatpost: Steam Gaming Platform Hosting Malware
- TechRepublic: Microsoft Exchange Server vulnerabilities, ransomware lead spring 2021 cyberattack trends
- Dark Reading: CISA Warns Criminals Seek to Exploit Critical VMware Bug
- SecurityWeek.Com: Adobe Patches Major Security Flaws in PDF Reader, Photoshop
- Threatpost: Google Patches Critical Android RCE Bug
- SecurityWeek.Com: SAP Patches Critical Vulnerabilities in NetWeaver
- Dark Reading: Microsoft Patches 6 Zero-Days Under Active Attack
- SecurityWeek.Com: Siemens, Schneider Electric Inform Customers About Tens of Vulnerabilities
- Threatpost: Intel Plugs 29 Holes in CPUs, Bluetooth, Security
- SecurityWeek.Com: Intel Releases 29 Advisories to Describe 73 Vulnerabilities Affecting Its Products
- Threatpost: Mysterious Custom Malware Collects Billions of Stolen Data Points
See what other current hot cyber and technology topics affecting financial institutions BOL users are discussing in the Technology Forum.
And on the lighter side...
Before you can attract new customers, you need to get their attention. Here's a series of bank ads that do just that. Funny bank commercials
First published on 06/11/2021