Compliance Action, Volume 19, Number 13
A wave of changes in flood insurance requirements has taken place over the years, most recently with the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014 (HFIAA), which delayed and revised implementation of some features of the Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012. The agencies have now proposed regulations to complete implementation.
Recent CFPB and DOJ cases illustrate how various forms of discretion in the lending process can result in illegal discrimination.
Annual Changes (Chart)
Navigating what coverage and calculation triggers change can be challenging. We've provided some direction with an annual changes chart.
- Bridges to Financial Security
- Where's the Guidance
- Regulation E Error Warning
- Fair Lending Life Cycle
- College Credit Card Agreements
In the Editor's Opinion
When examining financial institutions, supervision supported by advice and guidance can have a broader impact than a whopping enforcement action.
Compliance Q & A
- Regulations Applicable to Coops Securing a Loan
- Advertising in a Language Other than English
- ECOA and Credit Score Adverse Reasons Notices
- Applying Late Fees on Loan Accounts
- HELOC Disclosure Requirements
Multiple risk factors are considered when examiners conduct a fair lending examination.
- Executive Director:
- Lucy H. Griffin, Esq.
- Board of Advisors:
- Patti Blenden
John S. Byrne, Esq.
Robert P. Chamness
Phillips G. Gay, Jr.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.
Michael D. Maher