Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#100245 - 07/24/03 01:49 PM Location of Non-Deposit Products
SPF36 Offline
New Poster
SPF36
Within all of our retail branches we separate the desk at which Non-Deposit Products are sold, as best as is possible given the size of each branch and have not had a problem with any of the regulators to date.

One thing I am concerned about though is the placement of various non-deposit product brochures. The branches have various types of display units in which they place both insured product brochures and non-deposit product brochures, also the display unit is sometimes placed directly at the teller line (reading material for customers while they wait on line?!). I've requested on various occassions that they separate the brochures and also that any non-deposit product brochures should not be at or near the teller line, so as not to confuse customers as to what is and isn't insured......anyone agree/disagree? How do your branches segregate the products? Any thoughts/comments appreciated

Return to Top
General Discussion
#100246 - 07/24/03 02:07 PM Re: Location of Non-Deposit Products
William Offline
Gold Star
William
In a location
I use what I call the “bubble rule” or “bubble plan.” That is, the teller station, new accounts desk, other bank deposit transaction areas are inside a bubble. No NDIP signs, brochures, etc. are allowed in the bubble. Customers standing in line to get to the teller (oops they’re called CSRs) station is not in the bubble so NDIP brochures are available there.

Return to Top
#100247 - 07/24/03 02:15 PM Re: Location of Non-Deposit Products
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
We do not allow NDIP advertising at the teller stations. There are NDIP signs visible by customers standing in the teller lines though. We also have a separate office or desk at each branch. The FDIC did request and we complied with a request to move one NDIP desk to another floor of a large branch that had the space.

Return to Top
#100248 - 07/29/03 01:12 AM Re: Location of Non-Deposit Products
Lucy Griffin Offline

Diamond Poster
Lucy Griffin
There is nothing more deposit related than a teller window and the non-deposit brochures simply do not belong there. Branch managers have a way of moving them as close to the teller traffic as they can get them, but this leads to problems. If you want to call attention to the non-deposit products, use a big sign or something attention getting. Ironically, that big sign can also help to draw the line between taking deposits and selling non-deposit products.

Return to Top