Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1002778 - 07/23/08 04:59 PM AAN required
Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
Orlando, FL
Lender took an app on 6/9/08. We found out that the borrower did not have hazard coverage on the property. Borrower finally gets coverage on 7/21.

Don't we need to have an AAN in the file reflecting that the "Credit application is incomplete. The following information is needed: hazard insurance coverage. If not received by (let's say 30 days), we will be unable to give further consideration to your request."

The loan was closed on 7/22, but I am thinking we should have done an AAN after we found out there was no hazard insurance because we didn't "take action" within 30 days.

Am I on the right track?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1002917 - 07/23/08 06:23 PM Re: AAN required Many Hats
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
If your bank's procedures for considering an application complete include proof of hazard insurance and your lender has not made or communicated a credit decision to the borrower, you could have sent an incomplete application notice.

Here - hazard insurance would be a condition at closing, but not for credit approval. Our credit decision would have been based on proof of income and an accurate, complete application for our consumer loans.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z