Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1006351 - 07/28/08 07:15 PM Red Flag #20
lucyc Offline
Diamond Poster
lucyc
Is Red Flag #20 applicable to Home Equity Line of Credits?

20. A new revolving credit account is used in a manner commonly associated with known patterns of fraud patterns. For example:
a. The majority of available credit is used for cash advances or merchandise that is easily convertible to cash (e.g., electronics equipment or jewelry); or
b. The customer fails to make the first payment or makes an initial payment but no subsequent payments.

Return to Top
#1006359 - 07/28/08 07:21 PM Re: Red Flag #20 lucyc
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
Just to ask what your regulator is likely to ask - Why wouldn't these parts apply to a HELOC?
Originally Posted By: lvc

20. A new revolving credit account is used in a manner commonly associated with known patterns of fraud patterns.
b. The customer fails to make the first payment or makes an initial payment but no subsequent payments.

Return to Top
#1006465 - 07/28/08 08:28 PM Re: Red Flag #20 ktac MITCH
lucyc Offline
Diamond Poster
lucyc
Sorry I forgot to include the specific example I was referring to:

20. A new revolving credit account is used in a manner commonly associated with known patterns of fraud patterns. For example:
a. The majority of available credit is used for cash advances or merchandise that is easily convertible to cash (e.g., electronics equipment or jewelry);

I would assume we wouldn't be obligated to determine what the merchandise purchsed was. I would think this is only applicable to credit card accounts.

Return to Top