Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1018683 - 08/13/08 12:53 PM Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Distrcit of Columbia Circuit yesterday sustained the lower court's dismissal of their civil suit against Libby, Rove, Cheney and Armitage, in which they claim the defendants engaged in tortious conduct in revealing Plame's identity.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1018684 - 08/13/08 12:55 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out Pale Rider
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
that rots.

Return to Top
#1018688 - 08/13/08 12:58 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out kitten
A_G Offline
10K Club
that's fantastic!

but I'll need a source?

Return to Top
#1018690 - 08/13/08 01:01 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out A_G
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
rofl

Return to Top
#1018692 - 08/13/08 01:07 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out Sound Tactic
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
have you (tried to) read her book? i thought it would make a great story, but with everything redacted, it's impossible!!!

Return to Top
#1018739 - 08/13/08 01:30 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out kitten
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: kitten
i thought it would make a great story

Well, if she fabricates at anywhere near the level of her husband, I'm sure it's quite a yarn.

Return to Top
#1018747 - 08/13/08 01:32 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out kitten
A_G Offline
10K Club
have you (tried to) read her book? i thought it would make a great story, but with everything redacted, it's impossible!!!

You're not fooling anyone! You'd never try and read something political.

Return to Top
#1018752 - 08/13/08 01:35 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out A_G
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Originally Posted By: Jokerman

Well, if she fabricates at anywhere near the level of her husband, I'm sure it's quite a yarn.

oh, as if i would try to go down this road with you and your peeps!!!! i would get trampled, stomped and crushed within seconds - and then you all would point out my mistakes. a for effort though!!!

Originally Posted By: AuditGuy

You're not fooling anyone! You'd never try and read something political.

i was trying to be more like your girlfriend, ag..... oh wait..... nevermind...................

Return to Top
#1019035 - 08/13/08 03:46 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

You mean like the administration's fabrication regarding Iraq and Niger uranium purchases

Return to Top
#1019037 - 08/13/08 03:46 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out straw
A_G Offline
10K Club

Return to Top
#1019052 - 08/13/08 03:52 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out straw
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: straw

You mean like the administration's fabrication regarding Iraq and Niger uranium purchases

Well, that blame's cast about 180 degrees in the wrong direction, but if it's what you really think, go for it.

Return to Top
#1019055 - 08/13/08 03:53 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Wilson goes to Niger to investigate the claim. Reports back that claim is false. Administration goes includes claim in UN report. Wilson goes public. Administration retaliates against wife.

Refute please.

Return to Top
#1019108 - 08/13/08 04:16 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out straw
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Claim from British intel is that Iraq inquired about acquiring yellowcake from Niger. Wilson goes to Niger on mission to investigate "ridiculous" (per Mrs. Wilson) claim. Drinks tea, asks question. Comes back and tells CIA that Iraq inquried about acquiring. CIA assessment is that claim is bolstered by Wilson's report. Administration includes claim (attributing to British intel) in SOU. Removes Saddam, doesn't find WMD. Wilson leaks around DC, then finally writes an op-ed for the NYT. In response to questions about the report and why Wilson was sent to investigate it, administration says to ask his wife. David Corn, a writer for the leftist magazine The Nation, trumps up charges, Democrats pick them up and force a special prosecutor who knows within a few weeks who "leaked" the information but never indicts anyone for the alleged crime. Wilsons cash in on publicity. When publicity begins to wane, they file lawsuit.

Return to Top
#1019204 - 08/13/08 05:37 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out kitten
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal

oh, as if i would try to go down this road with you and your peeps!!!! i would get trampled, stomped and crushed within seconds - and then you all would point out my mistakes. a for effort though!!!

What a typical statement from someone of your ilk who can't even capitalize the beginning of a sentence (fragment)!

Return to Top
#1019205 - 08/13/08 05:38 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out GuitarDude
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
you're a moron!

Return to Top
#1019247 - 08/13/08 05:59 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out kitten
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
you're a moron!

Kitten:

No taking up so much space wth the hundreds of "enter key" strokes, lest I stroke your fur in the opposite direction

Return to Top
#1019256 - 08/13/08 06:02 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out TheManofSteel
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
BRING IT, KMBA!!!!!!

Return to Top
#1019267 - 08/13/08 06:06 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out kitten
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Oh you wicked feline. Dry cat food for you now.

Return to Top
#1019272 - 08/13/08 06:08 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out TheManofSteel
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison

Return to Top
#1019496 - 08/13/08 08:17 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out kitten
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Oh this good news just made my day....now if the examiners would just leave.....Friday will be a good day also.

Return to Top
#1019558 - 08/13/08 09:15 PM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Claim from British intel is that Iraq inquired about acquiring yellowcake from Niger. Wilson goes to Niger on mission to investigate "ridiculous" (per Mrs. Wilson) claim. Drinks tea, asks question.

What type of tea did they drink, which is about as relevant as this little comment.

Quote:
Comes back and tells CIA that Iraq inquried about acquiring. CIA assessment is that claim is bolstered by Wilson's report. Administration includes claim (attributing to British intel) in SOU.

Strange that Wilson obviously disagreed with CIA's assessment, which was allegedly based on his report.

Quote:
In response to questions about the report and why Wilson was sent to investigate it, administration says to ask his wife.

Yes because this was somehow pertinent to his credibility or lack thereof how exactly?

Quote:
David Corn, a writer for the leftist magazine The Nation, trumps up charges,

That the outing broke the law, yes the charges were trumped up. That the outing was retribution for Wilson disagreeing with the administration...

Return to Top
#1019669 - 08/14/08 12:15 AM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out straw
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: straw
Claim from British intel is that Iraq inquired about acquiring yellowcake from Niger. Wilson goes to Niger on mission to investigate "ridiculous" (per Mrs. Wilson) claim. Drinks tea, asks question.

What type of tea did they drink, which is about as relevant as this little comment.

Sweet mint, per Joe. Though if you want to be skeptical of anything he says, I understand. Why it was relevant, you'll need to ask the budding novelist.

Quote:
Comes back and tells CIA that Iraq inquried about acquiring. CIA assessment is that claim is bolstered by Wilson's report. Administration includes claim (attributing to British intel) in SOU.

Strange that Wilson obviously disagreed with CIA's assessment, which was allegedly based on his report.[/quote]
There are lots of strange things about Joe, such as why he lied about the timeline of the forged documents that were supposedly at the heart of the inquiry.

Quote:
Quote:
In response to questions about the report and why Wilson was sent to investigate it, administration says to ask his wife.

Yes because this was somehow pertinent to his credibility or lack thereof how exactly?

It was pertinent to the question, why did you pick this idiot who says the VP sent him?

Quote:
That the outing was retribution for Wilson disagreeing with the administration...

Believe what you want, straw, you always do when it comes the the Bushies.

Return to Top
#1019671 - 08/14/08 12:18 AM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Yeah, I am definitely out to get the Bushies. Pretty high standard you have. Disagree with the administration on any one point, and you must be out to get them. Were you a Commissar in another life?

Return to Top
#1019678 - 08/14/08 12:29 AM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out straw
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I didn't say you were out to get them. I said you always believe whatever you want, particularly about their motives. Some nasty lies are supposedly spread about McCain - must've been Rove. Kerry's fellow veterans criticize him - must be tied to the campaign. Armitage explains how Wilson got the Niger assignment - must be retribution.

Sometimes you believe decent things, sometimes not. But you believe whatever you want to believe.

Return to Top
#1019679 - 08/14/08 12:36 AM Re: Plame and Wilson lawsuit thrown out Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
As do you my friend. You bought the Wilson hatchet job hook, line and sinker. The same wheels bagan to move against the former press secretary, but when his book didn't sell well, the hatchet campaign quickly stopped.

Not sure what you are talking about lies, McCain and Rove.

As far as the Swift Boating, well, lets just say, today, a book about Obama was released which will do the same thing to him. If not part of the "campaign", lets just say that it definitely is in the party playbook, and the democrats have now copied that playbook as well.

Just like Obama is a new politician, I am sure the compassionate conservatives in the Bush administration would never engage in such brazen activity.

PLEASE. Power, egotism and narcissism. That is what ALL these guys are about.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2