Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1021591 - 08/15/08 08:39 PM Loan Modification (Temporary)
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I have a request that our loan committee approved for a 'temporary loan modification' wherein the customer would get a reduced rate and go from P&I payments to interest only for the term of 6 months. Then the loan would automatically go back to the original terms. I don't really know what type of form to use? I found some loan mod agreements, but they are all for permanent modification. None allow me to option to go back to original terms after the 6 months. Anyone have any great ideas for me?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1021608 - 08/15/08 08:52 PM Re: Loan Modification (Temporary) Beagles22
Mint Julep Offline
Diamond Poster
Mint Julep
Tennessee
for this, I would put fingers to keyboard and write something. done it a few dozen times over the years ...

Return to Top
#1021732 - 08/16/08 12:21 PM Re: Loan Modification (Temporary) Mint Julep
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
This is a question for your attorney. You are talking about a legal agreement.

Return to Top
#1021853 - 08/18/08 12:50 PM Re: Loan Modification (Temporary) rlcarey
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Thanks for your help. I was told there was a standard form, but didn't find it and figured there wasn't one.

Return to Top
#1022237 - 08/18/08 06:40 PM Re: Loan Modification (Temporary) Beagles22
Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
Orlando, FL
FWIW, we are doing a similar thing for a borrower, taking a loan from a 30-yr fixed at one rate to a 3-yr int only at a lower rate. What we are going to do is include in the new note (probably under "additional terms") langage that says at the end of the 3-yr int only period, bank will execute a second modification, returning the loan to P&I payments and extending the maturity another 36 months. Our system won't support it being done automatically, so we'll have to touch it again in 3 years.

Return to Top
#1022549 - 08/19/08 02:06 AM Re: Loan Modification (Temporary) Many Hats
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"What we are going to do is include in the new note (probably under "additional terms") langage that says at the end of the 3-yr int only period, bank will execute a second modification, returning the loan to P&I payments and extending the maturity another 36 months."

Sounds like a refinance to me requiring all new TIL disclosures rather than a modification.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z