BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1023023 - 08/19/08 04:13 PM Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/19/obama-risking-pro-life-backlash/

'Values' tactic fodder for foes
Jon Ward (Contact)
Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Barack Obama's pursuit of evangelical voters has pushed the abortion issue to the fore of the campaign debate and risks mobilizing pro-life voters - who so far have been apathetic about Republican John McCain - to oppose the Democrat.

"Obama might think he´s making inroads by bringing up the reduction of abortion, but putting the issue on the table makes it fair game to explore how extreme he really is," said Justin Taylor, a book editor and evangelical blogger.

Mr. Obama has talked about reducing the number of "unwanted pregnancies" and is trying to appeal to pro-life voters with a platform aimed at reducing factors that lead to abortions, such as poverty and lack of sex education for young people.

But the Illinois Democrat remains unapologetically pro-choice, and his voting record on the issue has come under increased scrutiny in recent weeks.

Pro-life groups point to Mr. Obama's opposition in the Illinois legislature to the Born Alive Infant Protection Act and to his 2007 statement to Planned Parenthood that he hopes one of his first acts as president would be to sign a bill that would eliminate state and local government restrictions on abortion.

The Obama campaign touted its outreach to evangelical voters and maintained that the appeal to "values voters" has focused at least as much on the economy as on moral or faith issues.

"Barack Obama is committed to reaching out to evangelicals and people of all faiths on a range of core values issues, from strengthening American families to fixing our broken economy," said Nick Shapiro, an Obama campaign spokesman. "We have a choice to make in this election: We can either choose a new direction for our country and our economy or we can keep doing what we've been doing."

The abortion debate has exploded since Democrats changed their party platform to appeal to people of faith and the presidential candidates appeared Saturday at a forum at the Rev. Rick Warren's Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif.

Mr. Warren asked Mr. Obama during the forum at what point unborn babies should be given human rights.

"Answering that question with specificity ... is above my pay grade," Mr. Obama replied.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1023069 - 08/19/08 04:43 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash TheManofSteel
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
there are a whole host of duties that are above the One's pay grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#1023163 - 08/19/08 05:33 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash TheManofSteel
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
BO's is doing a good job of blowing himself up. As a State Senator, he voted (four times) against the same Infant Protection bill that passed the US Senate 98-0.

How Babies Were Left to Die: Nurse Recounts Horrors of Infanticide Practice Barack Obama Protected

By John Jalsevac

August 12, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - At the same time that the National Right to Life Committee has unearthed documents proving that Barack Obama repeatedly voted against a bill that would have protected children born alive after an attempted abortion, Illuminati Pictures has released a video of an interview with a nurse who witnessed the very practice that Obama protected while in the Illinois senate (See: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/aug/08081101.html ).

Jill Stanek was a nurse at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois in 1999 when she discovered that babies born alive after failed abortions purposely were being left to die in the "soiled utility room," which, says Stanek, is a room where biohazard materials and soiled linens are disposed of.

"That's where nursing staff took these babies and left them to die."

Stanek went public with her traumatizing experiences when hospital staff refused to stop the practice of infanticide. In 2000 she was asked to testify before a U.S. House committee for the federal Born Alive Infants Protection Act (BAIPA). The BAIPA was a two-paragraph bill intended to clarify that any baby who is entirely expelled from his or her mother, and who shows any signs of life, is to be regarded as a legal "person" for all federal law purposes, whether or not the baby was born during an attempted abortion.

A version of this bill, almost identical to the federal bill, was eventually brought before the Illinois Senate, which is where Obama repeatedly opposed the measure.

"Christ hospital - and we now know other hospitals and clinics around the country - are involved in an abortion procedure called 'induced labor abortion,'" says Stanek in the video, entitled "Kill and Destroy". In this type of abortion, she says, the abortionist inserts a medication into the birth canal of the mother and induces premature labor.

"My experience was that they [the babies] survive as short as a few minutes, to once, almost as long as an eight hour shift.

"To be clear these were living babies who were left out to die. And they were issued both birth and death certificates according to Illinois state law."

Stanek relates the story of how one night she saw a nurse bringing a baby to the soiled utility room to die, because the parents of the child did not want to hold it. The other nurse also did not have the time to hold the child. "When she told me what she was doing I couldn't bear the thought of this suffering child dying alone," says Stanek. "And so I cradled and rocked him for the forty-five minutes that he lived."

Stanek recounts how, besides testifying before the federal House, she also testified before an Illinois State Senate Committee, a Committee on which Barack Obama sat.

"Barack Obama," she says, "was unmoved, and actually opposed the Born Alive Infant Protection Act."

Snip...... Life Site News
______

Apparently BO believes that there should be no 'right to life' even after a baby is born - so, now we know why he had so much trouble with the 'alive' question as even babies that are born alive can be left to die in the soiled linens room. Geez, what a Dope.

Return to Top
#1023188 - 08/19/08 05:44 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash °X°
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Omg that is so horrible, it made me cry. How any one, not just BO, can be against measures to stop this is beyond me. It is murder plain and simple.

Return to Top
#1023220 - 08/19/08 06:06 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash kms
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Thank your wonderful bioethicists, NOW, NARAL, and compassionate politicians like Obama. Thank them profusely, as this reflects their vision of a kind, generous and caring nation.

Return to Top
#1023436 - 08/19/08 08:37 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash kms
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Stanek’s attempt to change a corrupt medical practice and bring hope to defenseless infants would put her on a collision course with a state senator named Barack Obama.

On March 30, 2001, Obama was the only senator to speak in opposition to a bill that would have banned the practice of leaving premature abortion survivors to die. The bill, SB 1095, was carefully limited, its language unambiguous. It applied only to premature babies, already born alive. It stated simply that under Illinois law, “the words ‘person,’ ‘human being,’ ‘child,’ and ‘individual’ include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.”

Two related bills introduced that day included slightly more controversial provisions about liability and medical procedure, but SB 1095 did not go nearly that far. This bill did not apply to those not born, nor did it grant born persons anything beyond recognition of their rights as persons.

Under this bill, SB 1095, babies born alive during an abortion would have to be treated just like every other baby that is born alive and prematurely — not left to die as at Christ Hospital, but given treatment according to an acting physician’s medical judgment as to what is necessary and what is possible — the same standard that applies to any other human being.

Stanek says her friend had been told to take this baby and leave him in a soiled utility closet. She offered to take him instead. “I couldn’t let him die alone,” she says.

Stanek was horrified by this experience. This was not an abortion — it was something worse. Could it be legal to take a living and breathing person of any size, already born and outside his mother’s womb, and just leave him to die, without any thought of treatment?

Hospital officials dismissed Stanek’s concerns. She then approached the Republican attorney general of Illinois, Jim Ryan, who issued a finding several months later that Christ Hospital was doing nothing illegal under the laws of Illinois. Doctors had no ethical or legal obligation to treat these premature babies. They had passed the bright line of birth that had effectively limited the right to life since the Roe v. Wade decision, but under the law they were non-persons.

So, under the law - an alive, outside the mother’s womb baby can be thrown into a dirty linen closer, all alone, to die.

Obama doesn't see a problem with this practice. And, he also doesn't give this daughters Christmas or Birthday presents and visited his aging Grandmother recently, alone, without his wife or kids - is he one of us? Can we afford to take the risk - Obama a POTUS? I'd vote, no.

Return to Top
#1023461 - 08/19/08 09:14 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash °X°
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Thank you X, I had a low opinion of BO, but this along has made him sink lower than slime.

Think I will send those to my sister who is thinking of giving him her vote.

Return to Top
#1023490 - 08/19/08 09:43 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash *DELETED* kms
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Post deleted by AML-Barbarian

Return to Top
#1023493 - 08/19/08 09:46 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash Hrothgar Geiger
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
wasnt exactly the same, if read clearly. This is a touchy subject for me.

Return to Top
#1023511 - 08/19/08 10:11 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash Hrothgar Geiger
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: AML-Barbarian
If X reposts the same information a third time, will you send it on to a third person?

I've already sent it to a third person, buck.

Reading different slants or even spins on the same story is worth the time, if one is really interested in the subject, except if one is a complete moron. In this case, Huge AML, I for one cannot believe what I'm reading relating to this subject, thinking that there must be something about it that would tend to redeem your BOmessiah. But, no matter how it’s told it just seems to get worse.

I’m hoping that BO will let me use his head for my rock garden after November, right next to your head.

Even someone as shallow as you Huge AML needs to asses the risk of voting for BO as POTUS, assuming that you vote and if you don't vote, never mind.

Return to Top
#1023512 - 08/19/08 10:13 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash kms
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: kms

kms - consider the source, Huge ALM has problems, perhaps he will just go away.

Return to Top
#1023521 - 08/19/08 10:38 PM Re: Obama Reaching Out to Prolifers Risks Backlash kms
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: kms

You are right, I apologize. Pretend I never mentioned it.

Return to Top