Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#102428 - 08/01/03 03:02 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
1. Trading Spaces (Love that Paige)
2. Will & Grace
3. Anything on Discovery

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#102429 - 08/01/03 03:05 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
Family Guy is on Cartoon Network at 10:30 central time every night during the week & Buffy is re-run every night on FX at 5:00 and 6:00 central time, with replays every morning at 6:00 and 7:00 central time. (I've been a few minutes late to work because of Buffy re-runs a time or two.)

Top 3:

WWE Raw and Smackdown
The Simpsons
Southpark

Return to Top
#102430 - 08/01/03 03:07 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Starky Offline
100 Club
Starky
Arkansas
1. CSI
2. George Lopez
3. Ed

Return to Top
#102431 - 08/01/03 03:13 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Princess of Power Offline
Gold Star
Princess of Power
Napa, CA
1. Trading Spaces/While you were out
2. Dr. Phil
3. Who's line is it anyway

Return to Top
#102432 - 08/01/03 03:21 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
1. Soccer & Baseball games
2. West Wing
3. Jag
4. Dead Zone
5. M*A*S*H
6. A&E
7. Law & Order

Return to Top
#102433 - 08/01/03 03:23 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
1. NYPD Blue
2. ER
3. Third Watch
Close third - Trading Spaces/While You Were Out

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#102434 - 08/01/03 03:35 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Current:
1. Sex and the City
2. Friends
3. Survivor (when it's on)

No longer on:
1. Seinfeld
2. Cheers (very close to Seinfeld)
3. Melrose Place

Return to Top
#102435 - 08/01/03 03:47 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

Hey Analyze This,
Is Family Guy still on?
I loved that show.

As someone mentioned already, it's on Cartoon Network. If you happen to call in sick one day, you can also see it on TNT (or is it TBS?) sometime around noon.
Season 3 will be out on DVD on Sept. 9, and it will include the episode that was "too offensive" for television (which if you have not seen it, it's great!!!)

Return to Top
#102436 - 08/01/03 03:49 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
LCM Offline
LCM
1. Friends
2. Law & Order
3. West Wing

Return to Top
#102437 - 08/01/03 03:50 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Program everything stops for - West Wing
Program watched faithfully every day -- Tonight Show
Program premiered on my wedding day and I'm still watching -- SNL
Program no longer on but I'm still in mourning, watched every episode many times, and hope Comedy Central reruns soon- Sports Night

Return to Top
#102438 - 08/01/03 04:05 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Anonymous
Unregistered

think about turning off the television:

1) Number of TV commercials viewed by American children a year: 20,000
2) Age by which children can develop brand loyalty: 2
3) Number of TV commercials seen by the average American by age 65: 2 million
4) Percentage of toy advertising dollars spent on television commercials in 1997: 92
5) Percentage of local TV news broadcast time devoted to advertising: 30
6) Total amount of money spent in 1999 to advertise on broadcast television: $40 billion
7) Net worth of the typical middle-class American household after accounting for debts: less than $10,000
8) Number of ads aired for “junk-food” during four hours of Saturday morning cartoons: 202
9) Percentage of American children who were seriously overweight in 1964: 5; 1994: 13
10) Percentage of young people who report having had no recent physical activity: 14
11) Factor by which men who watch more than 21 hours of TV a week increase their risk of Type 2 diabetes: 2
12) Percentage of pediatric diabetes cases that are now Type 2, (adult-onset), not Type 1 (juvenile-onset): 30

Return to Top
#102439 - 08/01/03 04:10 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. I don't have a TV
2. I have never bought a TV
3. I do not plan to buy a TV

I watch DVD movies on my computer.

Return to Top
#102440 - 08/01/03 05:13 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
1. CSI
2. CSI Miami
3. The West Wing

Hey, I've gotten better. I used to watch:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer*
2. Charmed (before Shannon Doherty left)*
3. Any Star Trek Franchise
4. Xena Warrior Princess*

*I can't help it, I like shows where the females are not victims and kick some a**!

Return to Top
#102441 - 08/01/03 05:19 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
JeloQuen Offline
JeloQuen
Middle America
1. YES, the most exciting hour is..... 24
2. JAG
3. And if held to the top 3, would have to pick Survivor, but CSI would be sorely missed.

Return to Top
#102442 - 08/01/03 05:35 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I think I can still watch....

Quote:

1) Number of TV commercials viewed by American children a year: 20,000 (No kids at my house..and the cats just don't get it)

2) Age by which children can develop brand loyalty: 2 (Cats are only loyal to the god of wet cat food or the fish named Tuna)

3) Number of TV commercials seen by the average American by age 65: 2 million (Watch BBC, this will be lower)

4) Percentage of toy advertising dollars spent on television commercials in 1997: 92 (Catnip is not branded or advertised...apparently cat drugs in any form are not good fodder for commercials)

5) Percentage of local TV news broadcast time devoted to advertising: 30 (Move to Alaska dude, we're lucky to have news at all. The 30 mins is welcome fill in for broadcaster banter on slow news days)

6) Total amount of money spent in 1999 to advertise on broadcast television: $40 billion (If it's on deposit with a bank somewhere I'm all for it)

7) Net worth of the typical middle-class American household after accounting for debts: less than $10,000 (I'm sure they weren't covering the commercials...so I don't know that this one gets to go in the list)

8) Number of ads aired for “junk-food” during four hours of Saturday morning cartoons: 202 (Cartoons suck)

9) Percentage of American children who were seriously overweight in 1964: 5; 1994: 13 (My cats could lose a few pounds, but no one is brave enough to tell them)

10) Percentage of young people who report having had no recent physical activity: 14 (Soon they'll find sex and this will take care of that issue)

11) Factor by which men who watch more than 21 hours of TV a week increase their risk of Type 2 diabetes: 2 (My man will be a wineo before he's a diabetic. He only watches golf on tv and Mrs Bucket).

12) Percentage of pediatric diabetes cases that are now Type 2, (adult-onset), not Type 1 (juvenile-onset): 30

(Is this the kids or the parents? My cat was diabetic...I wonder if he was over tv'ing it? )

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#102443 - 08/01/03 06:16 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. Calvin & Hobbes
2. The Far Side
3. Bloom County

Return to Top
#102444 - 08/01/03 06:26 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Thanks for the Family Guy info! I also watch the Simpsons, every week. My husband and I started dating (while in high school) when the Simpsons were first on the Tracey Ulmann show, and we have watched it together every Sunday night since then. I can't belive I forget to list that.
But nothing is the same without my Tuesday night Buffy fix

Return to Top
#102445 - 08/01/03 06:31 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
I'll definitely miss Buffy, but I'm still mad at the last episode. Poor Anya

Return to Top
#102446 - 08/01/03 06:39 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

I'll definitely miss Buffy, but I'm still mad at the last episode. Poor Anya

Oh how I love that I have a fellow Buffy fan!!!
But wasn't Anya immortal for a while, not that I am saying it was finally her time or anything, I was floored when she died..and how are they going to have Spike appear on Angel now?

Oops...sorry didn't mean to get starting on a Buffy thread.

Return to Top
#102447 - 08/01/03 07:02 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Yeah, I must have missed a few Buffy shows - Anya was a demon turned human turned back to demon then human again? I missed the last turn.

Return to Top
#102448 - 08/01/03 07:19 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
BeachGirl Offline
100 Club
Myrtle Beach, SC
Current: Sex and the City, Emeril, A Gardner's Diary (HGTV)
Old:
Designing Women
I Love Lucy
Andy Griffeth

Return to Top
#102449 - 08/01/03 07:30 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Anya became a demon again after Xander left her at the altar. However, this season she started freaking out over some of the vengeance she had wrought and un-did one very gory spell. As punishment, D'Hoffryn stripped her of her powers (making her mortal again) and killed Halfreck.

I was upset that she died for no reason, it wasn't pivotal to the story, it just happened. It looked like she and Xander were going to get back together again, too. I still say he only left her at the altar because he didn't think he was good enough for her and he didn't want to hurt her or ruin her life.

At least Spike died with valor. I'm sure that they'll use some magic to bring him back. I'm pretty sure they did the same thing with Darla (Angel killed her in the first season of Buffy at The Bronze - she was the vamp who tried shooting Buffy).

Return to Top
#102450 - 08/01/03 07:52 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

Anya became a demon again after Xander left her at the altar. However, this season she started freaking out over some of the vengeance she had wrought and un-did one very gory spell. As punishment, D'Hoffryn stripped her of her powers (making her mortal again) and killed Halfreck.

I was upset that she died for no reason, it wasn't pivotal to the story, it just happened. It looked like she and Xander were going to get back together again, too. I still say he only left her at the altar because he didn't think he was good enough for her and he didn't want to hurt her or ruin her life.

At least Spike died with valor. I'm sure that they'll use some magic to bring him back. I'm pretty sure they did the same thing with Darla (Angel killed her in the first season of Buffy at The Bronze - she was the vamp who tried shooting Buffy).

I have a new-found respect for you

Return to Top
#102451 - 08/01/03 07:56 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
111 Offline
Gold Star
Alien:
It's the shows that are scheduled that will be the most popular, for example:

H.M.O.- E.R. – Patterned after the popular E.R., this hour-long hospital drama will have featured a non-stop onslaught of ambulances delivering critically ill and injured patients to a big-city emergency room. The catch? All of the victims have H.M.O. insurance, and are summarily denied approval for medical treatment.

Anne! – This entry is a spin-off of Ellen, the show which broke ground as the first prime-time network sitcom featuring a lesbian main character (assuming that one doesn’t consider Miss Jane from The Beverly Hillbillies to have been a “main character”). Set to star Anne Heche, the show is about a woman who went from straight to gay to straight again.

This Old Crack House – Based on the PBS favorite This Old House, this variation will feature contractors rehabbing old, abandoned buildings in drug-infested neighborhoods.

The East Wing – Set to compete with award-winning political drama The West Wing, this show will tell the story of a Democratic ex-Senator, ex-Vice President who lost a presidential election – despite a booming economy – by a slim margin and a Supreme Court decision, only to grow a beard, gain weight, get nominated again by his party four years later and win election to the White House.

Reality Show Survivor – In this king of “Reality T.V.” shows, contestants are locked in a room and forced to watch reruns of all the other Reality T.V. shows nonstop around the clock. Any contestant caught yawning, vomiting, or uttering phrases like, “This is really stupid!” or words this effect is ejected from the house. The last one standing wins the grand prize, which is free mental health treatment.

Return to Top
#102452 - 08/01/03 08:01 PM Re: What's your top 3 TV programs?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are those Chili Ristros?!?!? I lived in El Paso many moons ago, and haven't seen a stand like that in years...thanks for bringing back a memory, it's easy to forget when you're buried in the Midwest!

Favorites:
Emeril
Ed (why don't they just get together already!)
Everybody Loves Raymond
CSI

Return to Top
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6