Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#1025254 - 08/21/08 05:37 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed B_F
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
It cannot be in order to do what Obama has claimed he intends to do.

as far as tax rates go, you are incorrect. however, claims to end the deficit are bogus. again, i agree with you there.

Quote:
nd every penny we are taxed is more valuable now than it was then.

a tax rate of 35% is still 35% whether is on $10 or $1000000. your point makes no sense.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1025257 - 08/21/08 05:37 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Hrothgar Geiger
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Originally Posted By: AML-Barbarian
McCain's campaign staff will, of course, clarify what Sen. McCain really meant when he said that he didn't know how many houses he and his wife own and 'someone would research it and get back' to reporters.

What he meant to say is that his wife owns some, some are in Czechoslovakia, and the he, himself, owns no houses, and lives ....in a van....down by the river.

Now that is funny!!!

Return to Top
#1025259 - 08/21/08 05:38 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed B_F
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Democrats want it high for everyone.

not for sub 250k earners, you liar.

Return to Top
#1025261 - 08/21/08 05:39 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed B_F
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
And he apparently doesn't know how many houses he owns. He can stick with that answer, or 'clarify' it.

If you're happy with someone not knowing how many houses they own, then good for you.

Return to Top
#1025266 - 08/21/08 05:41 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Hrothgar Geiger
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Obama on the other hand knows exactly how many houses he owns, and which convicted financier helped him purchase it at below market value.
Last edited by Mr. Wu; 08/21/08 06:17 PM.

Return to Top
#1025272 - 08/21/08 05:45 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Blade Scrapper
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Yep.

I don't know that someone who can't answer the simple question "how many houses do you own?" is 'ready to lead'. The questions asked of the President on a daily basis are likely to be harder than that one....

Return to Top
#1025274 - 08/21/08 05:46 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Hated By Some
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Everyman McCain
Quote:
It cannot be in order to do what Obama has claimed he intends to do.

as far as tax rates go, you are incorrect. however, claims to end the deficit are bogus. again, i agree with you there.

Quote:
nd every penny we are taxed is more valuable now than it was then.

a tax rate of 35% is still 35% whether is on $10 or $1000000. your point makes no sense.

But if you had $100,000 before, and it was worth $100,000, and you needed only $90,000, and I taxed you $10,000, you can be ok.

On the other hand, if that same $100,000 is now worth $90,000 and you still need $90,000, and you tax me $10,000.....

Return to Top
#1025277 - 08/21/08 05:47 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Hrothgar Geiger
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Honestly, it doesn't bother me if someone doesn't know how many houses they own. If you have a fair amount of wealth, whether it's yours or your spouses, houses are just an investment, not your primary residence. Sometimes when you have financial advisors managing your portfolios, I am sure you could lose just how many investment properties you have.

Return to Top
#1025280 - 08/21/08 05:48 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Hrothgar Geiger
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Yep.

I don't know that someone who can't answer the simple question "how many houses do you own?" is 'ready to lead'. The questions asked of the President on a daily basis are likely to be harder than that one....

Perhaps because HE doesn't own them all? Perhaps his wife owns some? Perhaps he has an investment that buys properties for rentals, flips, etc., and honestly doesn't know exactly how many properties he owns?

Return to Top
#1025286 - 08/21/08 05:53 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed MB Guy
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: World President
Honestly, it doesn't bother me if someone doesn't know how many houses they own. If you have a fair amount of wealth, whether it's yours or your spouses, houses are just an investment, not your primary residence. Sometimes when you have financial advisors managing your portfolios, I am sure you could lose just how many investment properties you have.

ok ::rolls eyes::

Return to Top
#1025300 - 08/21/08 06:01 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Hrothgar Geiger
buggs Offline
Power Poster
What he meant to say is that his wife owns some, some are in Czechoslovakia, and the he, himself, owns no houses, and lives ....in a van....down by the river.

And then he will waive his hand and say, "These are *not* the houses you are looking for."

Return to Top
#1025307 - 08/21/08 06:04 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed B_F
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i can't believe you are trying to claw your way out of your slip-up regarding the relative nature of percentages, bf.

why must you try to include 50 issues at a time when we are talking about 1?

Return to Top
#1025308 - 08/21/08 06:05 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed B_F
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
Yep.

Perhaps because HE doesn't own them all? Perhaps his wife owns some? Perhaps he has an investment that buys properties for rentals, flips, etc., and honestly doesn't know exactly how many properties he owns?

I see. It depends on what the definition of 'he and his wife'is or what the definition of 'owns' is... Perhaps he needs to clarify his answer?

Return to Top
#1025314 - 08/21/08 06:07 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Hrothgar Geiger
Robin Goodfellow Offline
Gold Star
Robin Goodfellow
A forest near Athens...
Yep.

I see. It depends on what the definition of 'he and his wife'is or what the definition of 'owns' is... Perhaps he needs to clarify his answer?

why? Bengalsfan seems happy enough to clarify it for him.

Return to Top
#1025317 - 08/21/08 06:08 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Hrothgar Geiger
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Yep.

he needs to give Bill Clinton a call, so Clinton can guide him in the definition of what "is is."

Return to Top
#1025318 - 08/21/08 06:09 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Robin Goodfellow
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Robin Goodfellow
Yep.

why? Bengalsfan seems happy enough to clarify it for him.

Once again, which candidate has come out and had to clarify statement after statement? One clue? It's NOT McCain.

Return to Top
#1025319 - 08/21/08 06:09 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Robin Goodfellow
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Well that's a good point. He might also just not know.

Return to Top
#1025332 - 08/21/08 06:15 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed pjs
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: pjs
Originally Posted By: World President

ok ::rolls eyes::

Wow. Wittier than most of your posts.

Return to Top
#1025411 - 08/21/08 06:45 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed MB Guy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
this is all smoke and mirrors by the DNC so that the One doesn't have to explain how he supports infanticide (and how he is lying about it now)

Return to Top
#1025452 - 08/21/08 07:02 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Pale Rider
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
this is all smoke and mirrors by the DNC so that the One doesn't have to explain how he supports infanticide (and how he is lying about it now)

Infanticide? What are you talking about? I haven't heard this. (I hope you're not talking about abortion.)

Return to Top
#1025485 - 08/21/08 07:14 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed buggs
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
he is.

Return to Top
#1025488 - 08/21/08 07:16 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed buggs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
no bugs, he voted 3 times against a bill as a state senator which would have required another doctor to be present when an abortion had been botched, that is, when a baby survived outside the womb

Obama has stated that would just go against the wishes of the birth mother and be to "bothersome"

check out the transcripts or view the testimony he gave - its just appalling

Return to Top
#1025494 - 08/21/08 07:20 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed Pale Rider
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Read for yourself Bugs:

How Babies Were Left to Die: Nurse Recounts Horrors of Infanticide Practice Barack Obama Protected

By John Jalsevac

August 12, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - At the same time that the National Right to Life Committee has unearthed documents proving that Barack Obama repeatedly voted against a bill that would have protected children born alive after an attempted abortion, Illuminati Pictures has released a video of an interview with a nurse who witnessed the very practice that Obama protected while in the Illinois senate (See: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/aug/08081101.html ).

Jill Stanek was a nurse at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois in 1999 when she discovered that babies born alive after failed abortions purposely were being left to die in the "soiled utility room," which, says Stanek, is a room where biohazard materials and soiled linens are disposed of.

"That's where nursing staff took these babies and left them to die."

Stanek went public with her traumatizing experiences when hospital staff refused to stop the practice of infanticide. In 2000 she was asked to testify before a U.S. House committee for the federal Born Alive Infants Protection Act (BAIPA). The BAIPA was a two-paragraph bill intended to clarify that any baby who is entirely expelled from his or her mother, and who shows any signs of life, is to be regarded as a legal "person" for all federal law purposes, whether or not the baby was born during an attempted abortion.

A version of this bill, almost identical to the federal bill, was eventually brought before the Illinois Senate, which is where Obama repeatedly opposed the measure.

"Christ hospital - and we now know other hospitals and clinics around the country - are involved in an abortion procedure called 'induced labor abortion,'" says Stanek in the video, entitled "Kill and Destroy". In this type of abortion, she says, the abortionist inserts a medication into the birth canal of the mother and induces premature labor.

"My experience was that they [the babies] survive as short as a few minutes, to once, almost as long as an eight hour shift.

"To be clear these were living babies who were left out to die. And they were issued both birth and death certificates according to Illinois state law."

Stanek relates the story of how one night she saw a nurse bringing a baby to the soiled utility room to die, because the parents of the child did not want to hold it. The other nurse also did not have the time to hold the child. "When she told me what she was doing I couldn't bear the thought of this suffering child dying alone," says Stanek. "And so I cradled and rocked him for the forty-five minutes that he lived."

Stanek recounts how, besides testifying before the federal House, she also testified before an Illinois State Senate Committee, a Committee on which Barack Obama sat.

"Barack Obama," she says, "was unmoved, and actually opposed the Born Alive Infant Protection Act."

Snip...... Life Site News

Return to Top
#1025504 - 08/21/08 07:29 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed TheManofSteel
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
This still sickens me and I have read it before.

Return to Top
#1025507 - 08/21/08 07:30 PM Re: Man, how "rich" has changed TheManofSteel
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: MagiciansNephew
at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois ...babies born alive after failed abortions purposely were being left to die in the "soiled utility room"...

"I think America's greatest moral failure in my lifetime has been that we still don't abide by that basic precept in Matthew that whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me..."

- Barack Obama, 8/16/08, apparently not referring to babies born alive due to a botched abortion

Return to Top
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6