Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1025548 - 08/21/08 08:12 PM Business CTR Questions
CULady Offline
Gold Star
WA
If you have a business that does a cash deposit over $10,000, I understand that you put the business information on the CTR from in Section A and the individual that did the transaction in Section B.
My question is what do you put in Section A for the business' birthdate? Do you put the account open date? That would be the closest thing I would have on file for a birthdate.
And then what would you put for "Occupation, profession or business"? Just the general type of business that that business conducts?
Sorry for the silly questions.
Thanks in advance!
-K

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1025560 - 08/21/08 08:20 PM Re: Business CTR Questions CULady
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
For birthdate - N/A
Occupation - type of business - convenience store, nursing home, etc.

Return to Top
#1025936 - 08/22/08 01:34 PM Re: Business CTR Questions Skittles
CULady Offline
Gold Star
WA
Thanks Duchess! I appreciate the help!

Return to Top
#1029154 - 08/27/08 04:51 PM Re: Business CTR Questions CULady
Maytagman Offline
Gold Star
Maytagman
South
We leave birthdate blank, in line with instructions received from the IRS at 1-800-800-2877. I don't think alphabetical characters such as "N/A" logically belong in a field where sensical responses would involve only numbers.

We e-file now, and when we asked a similar question of the E-filing system handlers (actually we were asking how to indicate "unknown" on SAR suspect fields, where we have a name and address, but no phone number, date of birth, or TIN), they responded that if it is a numerical-only field such as date of birth, phone number, zip code, SSN, etc, which disallow alphabetical characters (in the e-filing system), then the fields should be left blank.

Return to Top
#1030959 - 08/29/08 04:37 PM Re: Business CTR Questions Maytagman
CULady Offline
Gold Star
WA
Maytagman- Thanks for the response!

I have noticed now that we have switched to the E-Filing that in Section A the birthdate is not actually a required field. So with the E-Filing I just leave it blank.

Thanks for the help guys!

-K

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z