Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1029412 - 08/27/08 08:27 PM Passport Cards in CIP Programs
Risky Business Offline
Washington State
I am curious as to if other financial institutions will be accepting passport cards as an acceptable form of ID in their CIP programs and if anyone has seen them yet?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1029420 - 08/27/08 08:33 PM Re: Passport Cards in CIP Programs Risky Business
Maytagman Offline
Gold Star
Maytagman
South
That's a good topic to raise now - it gives me time to change the wording of our CIP. Regardless of whether I plan to accept them, I'm sure some CSR will accept one eventually.

Return to Top
#1029442 - 08/27/08 08:46 PM Re: Passport Cards in CIP Programs Maytagman
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I just added it to ours. I did some research on-line and someone obtaining the card has to file almost the exact same information as someone obtaining a passport.

Return to Top
#1029480 - 08/27/08 09:14 PM Re: Passport Cards in CIP Programs Skittles
Maytagman Offline
Gold Star
Maytagman
South
Duchess Skittles - I love that name - someone I know recently applied for a passport, and the application is exactly the same. She actually had to check 'passport' or 'card' at the top. The card is for use for overland or water travel to certain countries, including islands, adjoining the U.S. The passport is required for air travel and for all other countries. I think I'll keep my CIP sheet the same as it is now, but add wording to the policy to state that the institution considers a U.S. Passport Card to be the equivalent of a U.S. Passport in terms of its utility as a form of primary ID.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z