Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1031983 - 08/31/08 09:00 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means Bimmer
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
You conveniently forgot 1 part Mayor, 1 Part Governer.

Please, even as a moderate conservative who is trying to find a good reason to support Mccain's ticket, to say that being the mayor to less than 10k people for a very few years, and the govenor of the fourth smallest populated, and sixth smallest GDP by state for under two years can be considered experience, is a joke.

At least the big O has been in state and federal legistatures for the last 12 years, which is more time in government as compared to Bush serving only five years as govenor during good economic times before deciding to run for president.

I voted for Bush in both of his elections... why was the experience and time in government not an issue back then as it is now??

Did we learn something from that experience, or are we just using experience, or time shall we say, as a cop out because it is about the only thing McCain has going for himself right now?

I am clearly not the party base, but choosing Palin for me has only put more doubt in my mind about McCain's choices. How does one pick as a running mate someone who basically opposes most of your major viewpoints? She may be a good choice for the base, but I am not so sure she is a good choice for the ticket.

My vote is still up for grabs at this point, and he is going to have to do one helluva job in the debates to earn my vote right now.

Return to Top
#1031990 - 08/31/08 09:21 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means #Just Jay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Obama is the one to vote for...because Ron says so...anyhting else...well, you're just wasting your vote...of course, Ron chose not to vote in the last election, so it is kind of funny that he is telling us how to vote in this one...

Return to Top
#1031995 - 08/31/08 09:46 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means HappyGilmore
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
JJ, I wouldn't expect McCain to win over anyone with this pick unless she can prove herself in the campaign. If she falls down, he's not going to look real good. On the other hand, if she goes toe-to-toe with Biden in the debate and holds her own, her reputation/experience as a maverick and reformer will make the pick look better. Time will tell.

Return to Top
#1032000 - 08/31/08 10:31 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means rainman
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I think the VP debate might be the better of the debates. But then obama will be without a telepompter so I guess with the POTUS debates we can watch and see how many feet he can stick in his mouth

Return to Top
#1032003 - 08/31/08 11:19 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means kms
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Ilk
I think the VP debate might be the better of the debates. But then obama will be without a telepompter so I guess with the POTUS debates we can watch and see how many feet he can stick in his mouth

Even without the teleprompter, he can just respond "hope and change" over and over again, and his sheep will fall under the hypnotic spell.

Return to Top
#1032006 - 08/31/08 11:33 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
is this wishful thinking that he can't think on his feet or what? i hope that you are depending on this "observation" come debate time.

Return to Top
#1032039 - 09/01/08 01:51 AM Re: What the Palin Pick Means TheManofSteel
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Originally Posted By: MagiciansNephew

Even without the teleprompter, he can just respond "hope and change" over and over again, and his sheep will fall under the hypnotic spell.

Would you please stop insulting those of us that support Obama!! I am not "sheep". I have made my decision based on my beliefs, based on my considered investigation of both men and what they stand for. I believe that this country cannot afford 4 more years of the same old failed policies, that everyone in this country deserves to have a government that is actually 'for the people, by the people', not just the rich. I believe that Obama can and will lead this country well, making the changes that we need to help every citizen have a better life. He won't be able to do everything he says he wants to but I believe he will do more for the lower and middle class in this country than McCain will. He will do more for the women in this country than McCain will. I may be wrong, you may be wrong, only time will tell but in the meantime a little respect for those of us that support the opposing view would be appreciated. Not that I expect it but it would be nice.

Guess you all finally got my 'dander up'. I will not debate this here (or anywhere for that matter), this post just really was the straw that broke the camels back tonight. Now I will leave and go back to the couch in my own home with my hubby, watching the coverage on the hurricane and praying for those in the path.

Return to Top
#1032042 - 09/01/08 02:22 AM Re: What the Palin Pick Means corkygirl
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: corkygirl
I may be wrong, you may be wrong, only time will tell but in the meantime a little respect for those of us that support the opposing view would be appreciated.
Here here!!!

(I apologize, corky, if anything I said in these political threads offended you. It was certainly not my intent.)

Return to Top
#1032051 - 09/01/08 03:07 AM Re: What the Palin Pick Means TheManofSteel
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands

Something like this?

The plan is to hope for change, and to change for hope. We hope that this plan changes so that we can further plan for hope. Let’s change our hope so that we can plan to hope some more for change and hope. I hope you will join me in this plan for change.

Return to Top
#1032057 - 09/01/08 03:27 AM Re: What the Palin Pick Means corkygirl
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

Would you please stop insulting those of us that support Obama!! I am not "sheep". I have made my decision based on my beliefs, based on my considered investigation of both men and what they stand for. I believe that this country cannot afford 4 more years of the same old failed policies, that everyone in this country deserves to have a government that is actually 'for the people, by the people', not just the rich. I believe that Obama can and will lead this country well, making the changes that we need to help every citizen have a better life. He won't be able to do everything he says he wants to but I believe he will do more for the lower and middle class in this country than McCain will. He will do more for the women in this country than McCain will. I may be wrong, you may be wrong, only time will tell but in the meantime a little respect for those of us that support the opposing view would be appreciated. Not that I expect it but it would be nice.

Guess you all finally got my 'dander up'. I will not debate this here (or anywhere for that matter), this post just really was the straw that broke the camels back tonight. Now I will leave and go back to the couch in my own home with my hubby, watching the coverage on the hurricane and praying for those in the path.

Fine Corky, I'll be a little more sensitive since you are complaining about it. But don't expect me to sit idly by while certain insincere, willfully blind and intellectually dishonest BOLers post the equal but opposite horsesh!t directed at those who take my position in these political discussions. If you want to get on your soapbox and call me to task on this, fine no problem, but try alluding to the same for those (and we know damn well whom we are talking about) who insult we who support McCain.

Return to Top
#1032071 - 09/01/08 01:46 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means TheManofSteel
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country

Fine Corky, I'll be a little more sensitive since you are complaining about it. But don't expect me to sit idly by while certain insincere, willfully blind and intellectually dishonest BOLers post the equal but opposite horsesh!t directed at those who take my position in these political discussions. If you want to get on your soapbox and call me to task on this, fine no problem, but try alluding to the same for those (and we know damn well whom we are talking about) who insult we who support McCain.

Fair enough, as long as your comments are directed to you know who and not the rest of us that support Obama. I have not argued with anyone here to push my point of view or my political preferences and respect your right to voice your opinion on your choice for President. I am just asking for that same respect and from what you have said I believe that you (and hopefully others) will honor that.

Return to Top
#1032078 - 09/01/08 02:50 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means corkygirl
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Corky, have you read Obama's books? Have you researched his history of what he did on the Harvard Law Review? Did you find anything he accomplished? Can you tell me what he's done to warrant being a candidate for the highest office in this land other than vote present more than half the time he was there for a yay or nay vote in the senate?

Return to Top
#1032083 - 09/01/08 03:28 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means corkygirl
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

Fair enough, as long as your comments are directed to you know who and not the rest of us that support Obama. I have not argued with anyone here to push my point of view or my political preferences and respect your right to voice your opinion on your choice for President. I am just asking for that same respect and from what you have said I believe that you (and hopefully others) will honor that.

You got it Corky!!!

Return to Top
#1032134 - 09/01/08 05:56 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means B_F
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
BF, corky's no slacker. She's made her choice based on sound reasoning, believe me. She doesn't need to read his book. Undoubtedly she's aware of his record because he's her senator. She's asked us all to be respectful of her choice so please, go argue with Ron, ok?

Return to Top
#1032190 - 09/01/08 08:53 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means Truffle Royale
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I'd like to know what sound reasoning she has used t odetermine that he is the right choice. Ron has avoided that question all together. If she's done research, I would like to hear what she found that intrigued her enough to make him the right choice. She's the first to have sound reasoning behind that choice that I have had a chance to hear from.

I'm not looking for an argument, I just want to know what it is that he offers that makes him so attractive in a way other than sheepdom.

Return to Top
#1032191 - 09/01/08 08:53 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means B_F
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
she probably loved the book where he was a racist.

Return to Top
#1032194 - 09/01/08 09:04 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means Hated By Some
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Everyman McCain
Baaaaaaa Baaaaaa Baaaaaa

Once again, Ron, I'm asking for someone who used reason and consideration of issues and a better understanding of the man for their opinion. I'm not looking for your completely uniformed, purposefully ignorant sheep answer.

Return to Top
#1032196 - 09/01/08 09:07 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means B_F
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
baaa? bf, why wouldn't something like the need to expose his latent racism be widely broadcast. you have foxnews for pete's sake!

Return to Top
#1032200 - 09/01/08 09:19 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means Truffle Royale
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
BF, corky's no slacker. She's made her choice based on sound reasoning, believe me. She doesn't need to read his book. Undoubtedly she's aware of his record because he's her senator. She's asked us all to be respectful of her choice so please, go argue with Ron, ok?

I am not judging the right or wrong of Corky or anyone else who takes her position for the reasons she has stated, but I am trying to figure the crux of it. And from what I see, it is more about not voting for George W. Bush, and since GWB is not running again, a McCain admin is deemed by her reasoning to be a further extension to GWB Admin.

To me, it is easy for the Obama campaign to paint with broad brush strokes and simply state, well McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time etc. However, that is a campaign tactic, since it is not 90% of Bush policies that disenfranchised Bush with the non-Repub Base U.S. citizenry, but rather his mishandling of the War in Iraq, his mishandling of Hurricane Katrina. His tax policies did not hurt the nation, in fact, they wound up being more progressive in final results, as the National Center for Policy Analysis can attest to. So the Obama campaign has painted its own Bush-McCain Linkage, and are using it to distance the same voters from McCain that are disenfranchised with Bush.

Return to Top
#1032202 - 09/01/08 09:25 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
so even though she stated nothing but in terms of obama and also what he will do better than mccain, she is doing it for w?

your wizardly powers must've failed you.

Return to Top
#1032218 - 09/01/08 10:17 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means Hated By Some
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
This is exactly why I have not 'put up my dukes and fought' for my candidate as a good friend stated to me recently. I have stated my point of view, a few of reasons for my choice and I will go no further. It is none of your business if I have or have not read his book or why I will be voting for him past what I have stated.

Some of you seem to having fun arguing about my choice, my stated reasons or in your opinion the lack thereof, so since it seems to amuse you so much, far be it from me to interfere with your pleasure. But I will add nothing further and will not even ask for respect for my right to my opinions, my choice since that seems to be too much to ask from some. (my thanks to those that have given me that respect)

And Ron, I don't need you to argue for me. Just let leave me out of it.

Return to Top
#1032223 - 09/01/08 10:31 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means corkygirl
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i am arguing against amlf.

Return to Top
#1032230 - 09/01/08 10:46 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Everyman McCain
so even though she stated nothing but in terms of obama and also what he will do better than mccain, she is doing it for w?

your wizardly powers must've failed you.

My wizardly powers were very observant, as the following from that post will attest to, and from which I arguably see a link to Bush Admin:
Quote:
I believe that this country cannot afford 4 more years of the same old failed policies, that everyone in this country deserves to have a government that is actually 'for the people, by the people', not just the rich

By the way Corky, please note the very first sentence of my last post before this post, in which I said I was not judging you for right or wrong, just analyzing the reasoning, which is as far as I am concerned, perfectly legit in an opened online discussion forum, and I was not directing that post at you, but as I just wrote, analyzing a portion of it, independent of you. I respect your right to your opinions, but wished to look into the reason under the presumption that other Obama supporters may take the same stance.

Return to Top
#1032231 - 09/01/08 10:49 PM Re: What the Palin Pick Means TheManofSteel
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
And I thank you for that.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4