Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1032377 - 09/02/08 12:11 PM Ummmm....What's Biden running for???
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:
"I will be back, I'll be back to campaign in earnest," Biden said, "but today is not the moment for me to campaign. Today is the moment for me as a United States senator running for president to put aside the national politics and focus on what's happening down there" in the Gulf Coast.

http://media.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OWIyOTUyMDZhYWM2YmY5NWI0OWZhNzEwZTZjMWNlMDU=

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1032379 - 09/02/08 12:15 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? Bimmer
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
maybe he didn't realize Obama was asking him to be his running mate, and he heard run for me.

Return to Top
#1032391 - 09/02/08 12:33 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? kms
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
he may be running for his political life......

Return to Top
#1032401 - 09/02/08 01:05 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? Bimmer
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Gimme a break; it was a slip of the tongue. When you talk as much as Biden does, you are bound to make a misstatement now and then.

Return to Top
#1032404 - 09/02/08 01:14 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? Sinatra Fan
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
maybe he just has that foot in mouth disease Obama has. No biggie, it can be cured with a teleprompter

Return to Top
#1032428 - 09/02/08 01:47 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? Sinatra Fan
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan
Gimme a break; it was a slip of the tongue. When you talk as much as Biden does, you are bound to make a misstatement now and then.
Unfortunately, slips of the tongue have been noted as one of Biden's draw backs. BO knew that when he picked him so he must have felt confident anyway.

Return to Top
#1032431 - 09/02/08 01:53 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? Truffle Royale
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i'd like to think that he is still confident that people would focus on the substance rather than form of the misspoken word within the substance but we are dealing with conservatives here. why have to debate issues when the low-hanging fruit is right there?

Return to Top
#1032435 - 09/02/08 01:55 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? Hated By Some
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
what are the issues we are supposed to be debating right now? Palin's daughter being pregnant? Truly it is none of our business. I was living in MD when Al Gore's daughters got picked up for driving drunk and that was swept under the table. At least she is not hiding this.

Return to Top
#1032437 - 09/02/08 01:59 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? kms
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Palin's daughter being pregnant?

i'm trying to debate the social conservative issues related to sarah palin (you do realize that she IS a candidate right? you can't pull the "operation human shield" defense with respect to palin like jokerman and the gop wants) like abstinence as birth control. for instance, she indoctrinated this philosophy AT HOME and it didn't work. fortunately she comes from a family of means that can do so.

nobody here is talking about palin's daughter directly as those she is unchaste. the issue is the public policy debate that the situation reveals.

Return to Top
#1032438 - 09/02/08 02:01 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? kms
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: kms
what are the issues we are supposed to be debating right now? Palin's daughter being pregnant? Truly it is none of our business. I was living in MD when Al Gore's daughters got picked up for driving drunk and that was swept under the table. At least she is not hiding this.

by the way, why did YOU bring this up in a thread about biden?! ridiculous.

Return to Top
#1032444 - 09/02/08 02:06 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? Hated By Some
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
No one is saying that with abstinence only education that everyone will be good little soldiers and not make individual choices to have sex outside of marriage. But, more people are likely to understand the positive effects of abstinence if they are introduced to it than are going to understand the negative effects of safe sex when it is taught.

Tell me....did you do everything your parents wanted you to do as a teen? It's a shame that Bristol's choice is on display and being discussed nationwide when there are so many other American teens whose bad choices are hidden to the world. She's just a teenage girl who, despite being shown how to avoid this situation, made the choice to take the risk. Kudos to her for allowing the child to live, too!

Return to Top
#1032449 - 09/02/08 02:15 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? East Texas
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
please, cut and paste this comment to the appropriate thread. this is a thread about a speaking flub.

Return to Top
#1032472 - 09/02/08 02:36 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? Hated By Some
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
Originally Posted By: Everyman McCain
Quote:
Palin's daughter being pregnant?

i'm trying to debate the social conservative issues related to sarah palin (you do realize that she IS a candidate right? you can't pull the "operation human shield" defense with respect to palin like jokerman and the gop wants) like abstinence as birth control. for instance, she indoctrinated this philosophy AT HOME and it didn't work. fortunately she comes from a family of means that can do so.

nobody here is talking about palin's daughter directly as those she is unchaste. the issue is the public policy debate that the situation reveals.

Sorry...thought it was you who wrote this post in this thread...my apologies.......

Return to Top
#1032476 - 09/02/08 02:40 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? East Texas
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
no, my bad. i should've said something different to kms. i opened the door for you to respond to my post.

Return to Top
#1032537 - 09/02/08 03:18 PM Re: Ummmm....What's Biden running for??? Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
zilla is the best doorman I know......

he really doesn't receive enough compliments for his work....

Return to Top