Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1034825 - 09/04/08 06:56 PM vivid grade school memories
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
looking at the desks with the flip-top lids reminded me of the 2nd grade kiss-up i was. teacher had left the room and everyone but me was slamming their desk tops. as i wrote my assignment and my hand moved to the edge of my desk, my pinky got caught in my neighbor's slam. the school nurse braced it with lollipop sticks. to this day, i have a slight crook in my pinky, and can't figure out why my borderline munchousen mother never took me to the doctor...

share a memory!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1034830 - 09/04/08 06:58 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Bailey.
Lisa_Bates Offline
Power Poster
Lisa_Bates
2nd grade...Kaiserlautern Germany...I picked a really annoying boy up by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the school bus a few times...

His mother asked my mother to "have her daughter stop beating up boys at the bus stop"

Return to Top
#1034831 - 09/04/08 06:59 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Bailey.
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
omg your avatar is hilarious!

Return to Top
#1034834 - 09/04/08 07:01 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Hated By Some
Lisa_Bates Offline
Power Poster
Lisa_Bates
Well, a monster's gotta accessorize

Return to Top
#1034837 - 09/04/08 07:03 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Lisa_Bates
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
not you, silly! your elmo is old hat. (i do like it though)

i just saw bailey's and i lol'd. bailey, can you provide the link to the jpeg?

Return to Top
#1034840 - 09/04/08 07:05 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Lisa_Bates
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Originally Posted By: TexasEmerald
2nd grade...Kaiserlautern Germany...I picked a really annoying boy up by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the school bus a few times...

His mother asked my mother to "have her daughter stop beating up boys at the bus stop"

That's hilarious! I love it!

Third grade: 45 of 50 kids in my "open classroom" (remember those?!) got the chicken pox. I was one of the lucky 5. Sixth grade: the creepy disgusting boy who sat next to me got the chicken pox - guess who else did!!

Return to Top
#1034842 - 09/04/08 07:06 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Experience

Here ya go Ron!

http://www.gifflix.com/files/04254d6332ad.gif

Return to Top
#1034845 - 09/04/08 07:07 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Bimmer
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
thanks, bimmer. i guess i can't tell people that you are worthless anymore. you actually provided something of worth! (j/k xoxo)

Return to Top
#1034846 - 09/04/08 07:08 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Bimmer
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
omg, it is even funnier when it is bigger than avatar size.

Return to Top
#1034850 - 09/04/08 07:10 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Lisa_Bates
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
When I was a little girl, I was getting ready to show off my mad diving skills to the other kids and I misjudged the length of the pool deck. Landed right on my face.

Oh, that didn't really happen. It was just Bailey.'s ava bringing back false memories.

Return to Top
#1034851 - 09/04/08 07:10 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Hated By Some
A_G Offline
10K Club
^^^Gave Bimmer hugs and kisses^^^

Return to Top
#1034852 - 09/04/08 07:11 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
thanks, bimmer. i guess i can't tell people that you are worthless anymore. you actually provided something of worth! (j/k xoxo)

Hey!

I am an Eagles fan!

Return to Top
#1034855 - 09/04/08 07:13 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Hated By Some
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Worked fall vacation picking cotton to earn half the money to by an English Racer (3 speed bicycle) my dad was going to pay the other half. After working for 6 weeks picking cotton of $3.00 per hundred pounds I finally earned my half.

Picked up the bicycle and rode it to school the first day after fall vacation ended. Came out to go home and it had been stolen.

I was in the sixth grade.

Return to Top
#1034856 - 09/04/08 07:13 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Hated By Some
buggs Offline
Power Poster

Ron, here's a tip. Right click on the image and select properties. This will show you the address URL to the file.

Return to Top
#1034858 - 09/04/08 07:15 PM Re: vivid grade school memories A_G
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
sorry, had to step away for a bit. thanks, bimmer, my fave hot nerd.

ok, another memory. same 2nd grade class. a boy tripped and fell onto his hand and drove a long fingernail into his EYEBALL!

Return to Top
#1034872 - 09/04/08 07:26 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Bailey.
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
6th grade- My classroom was once a computer lab so the wall was lined with outlets. My friend and I were putting pencils in the outlet and acting like we were being electrocuted. Fun stuff. Well I saw a bobby pin and thought 'hey i'll try this' Stuck one in and BAM! sparks flew, lights went out and my flesh was burned on my palm!

Got sent to the principals office. I guess I should've paid more attention in science class!

Return to Top
#1034876 - 09/04/08 07:30 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Bimmer
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Bimmer

Hey!

I am an Eagles fan!

that's not a worth-providing activity. it's just common sense.

Return to Top
#1034887 - 09/04/08 07:37 PM Re: vivid grade school memories ~Special K~
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: ~Special K~
6th grade- My classroom was once a computer lab so the wall was lined with outlets. My friend and I were putting pencils in the outlet and acting like we were being electrocuted. Fun stuff. Well I saw a bobby pin and thought 'hey i'll try this' Stuck one in and BAM! sparks flew, lights went out and my flesh was burned on my palm!

Got sent to the principals office. I guess I should've paid more attention in science class!

6th grade and you didn't know any better? Maybe you should borrow Bailey's helmet!

Return to Top
#1034889 - 09/04/08 07:39 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
4th grade during a science lesson, Billy got up from his desk and walked to the front of the room to the teacher, face red and eyes watering. He was choking on a quarter! Teacher had to give him the heimlich maneuver (Billy was one of those beanp pole kids, and Mrs. Hastings was a lot of woman). I remember to thsi day, his face and the quarter poppign otu of his mouth, followed by a little barf!!!

Return to Top
#1034896 - 09/04/08 07:43 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Dip
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
In the third grade, the teachers had us line up in the hallway to go to lunch. We had to go up a flight of stairs to get to a landing then go downstairs to the cafeteria in the basement (below the gym/auditorium). Well, Heather Schwinn was getting tired of standing and leaned over the handrail on the first set of stairs. Her arm slipped in and she was trapped because her elbow was too big to get out. We all had to wait while Ray, the janitor, brought his toolbox to loosen the railing and release Heather. We were so mad with her, because that cut into our lunches.

To this day, whenever I use a handrail I make sure not to get my elbow too close.

Return to Top
#1034901 - 09/04/08 07:45 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Dip
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
In 8th grade, we had Sister Mary as our Math teacher, a Dominican Nun. Her bark was far worse than her bite ususally, because behind her utterly intimidating exterior was a very kind and also practical woman.

One day my pal and I were having a spitball and snot shooting contest, always when she was not looking. But she caught a glimpse of him turning back to the front of the room just after releasing one in my direction. She calmly came over to his desk, and referring to his eldest brother from about 5 years earlier (a real trouble maker), she slowly, gently and methodically grabbed a clump of his hair and lifted his head straight up saying "xxxer, are you going to be another John in my math class?"

Him sitting there with a blank look on his face, fat gut hanging over his pants with zipper typically unzipped and sloppy Catholic school shirt not tucked in, was all I could take.

I started chuckling, so she mozied over to me, and also grabbed a clump of my hair, gently lifted my head up "So xxxce, what's so funny? Did you find something amusing?"

Return to Top
#1034908 - 09/04/08 07:50 PM Re: vivid grade school memories Dip
Lisa_Bates Offline
Power Poster
Lisa_Bates
Originally Posted By: Dip
4th grade during a science lesson, Billy got up from his desk and walked to the front of the room to the teacher, face red and eyes watering. He was choking on a quarter! Teacher had to give him the heimlich maneuver (Billy was one of those beanp pole kids, and Mrs. Hastings was a lot of woman). I remember to thsi day, his face and the quarter poppign otu of his mouth, followed by a little barf!!!

4th grade and you can't spell bean, this, or popping? Maybe you should borrow Bailey's helmet

Return to Top
#1034909 - 09/04/08 07:51 PM Re: vivid grade school memories TheManofSteel
A_G Offline
10K Club
your name is xxxce?

Return to Top
#1034914 - 09/04/08 07:55 PM Re: vivid grade school memories A_G
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: AuditGuy
your name is xxxce?

on here, yes. At the Jersey shore in the summer I have another name and occupation, and in real life, well, I'll never teeelllll.

Return to Top
#1034915 - 09/04/08 07:55 PM Re: vivid grade school memories A_G
Jafo Offline
Gold Star
Jafo
State of Confusion
In second grade there was a kid who used to put elmer's glue in his ear? To this day I too wonder WHY??

He also used to eat it. He was an unusual fella....

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3