Thread Options
#1036341 - 09/07/08 11:51 PM McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1036342 - 09/08/08 12:02 AM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll TheManofSteel
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
i am sorry but that is not a credible source

Return to Top
#1036344 - 09/08/08 12:33 AM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll kms
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Why? Because it is not CNN or the drive-by media's poll? It is so early that polls will be all over the place.

No matter which poll is published they are all skewed by questions asked. Few are credible.

Return to Top
#1036348 - 09/08/08 12:50 AM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll Fraudman CFCI
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I'm fairly certain kms was speaking tongue in cheek, Fraud Pup. Just forgot to put the in.

Return to Top
#1036358 - 09/08/08 01:53 AM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll Truffle Royale
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Perhaps that trend in the polls will continue of Obamamessiah keeps misspeaking.

Quote:
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

The three words -- immediately corrected -- were during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," when he was trying to criticize the quiet smear campaign suggesting he is a Muslim.

Return to Top
#1036375 - 09/08/08 11:13 AM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll Bimmer
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We can only hope that Obama wins in the end.
Blustery bravado and cowboy soundbites is what we have had for the last eight years, and look at where it got us!
I would take an educated and thoughtful person any day over the shallowness of McCain and Palin.

Return to Top
#1036387 - 09/08/08 12:59 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll MagicCity
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: MagicCity

I would take an educated and thoughtful person any day

Then you certainly do not want a rogue like the master of fabrication, Obama.

Return to Top
#1036408 - 09/08/08 01:30 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll TheManofSteel
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Billions in government spending,
years of deficits,
no balanced budgets,
a continuing debt burden on American families.
They’re ready to borrow,
ready to spend,
but not ready to lead.

Return to Top
#1036409 - 09/08/08 01:31 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll MagicCity
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
We can only hope that Obama wins in the end.
Blustery bravado and cowboy soundbites is what we have had for the last eight years, and look at where it got us!
I would take an educated and thoughtful person any day over the shallowness of McCain and Palin.

MC, can you give us some examples of this shallowness?

Return to Top
#1036410 - 09/08/08 01:32 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll TheManofSteel
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Obama might have been a bit more thoughtful over the weekend before saying McCain was attacking his Muslim faith..... just sayin'......

Return to Top
#1036430 - 09/08/08 01:48 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll MB Guy
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
<<MC, can you give us some examples of this shallowness?>>

Sarah Palin

Return to Top
#1036432 - 09/08/08 01:50 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll MagicCity
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.

Sarah Palin

No, seriously. There are many undecideds on here (not me of course), so if you want to sway them, here's your chance.

Return to Top
#1036452 - 09/08/08 02:05 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll Hrothgar Geiger
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
Originally Posted By: AML-Barbarian
Billions in government spending,
years of deficits,
no balanced budgets,
a continuing debt burden on American families.
They’re ready to borrow,
ready to spend,
but not ready to lead.

Billions in government spending, Obama makes no apologies about the billions more he'll spend
years of deficits, Where will this money come from in an Obama presidency?
no balanced budgets, As proposed by Obama, the only way it will balance is by taxing the $%*# out of Americans
a continuing debt burden on American families. Yep, tax and spend Obama is the answer to this
They’re ready to borrow, Obama will not borrow, he'll just take.
ready to spend, Obama again makes no apologies about his readiness to spend.
but not ready to lead. You can only judge a leader by what he has lead in the past. What has Obama led in the past?

AML: What is your point? Are you talking about all politicians, Obama included. Or are you being a bit blind?
Last edited by Jimmy Ringo; 09/08/08 02:18 PM.

Return to Top
#1036479 - 09/08/08 02:33 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll MB Guy
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Originally Posted By: Vacuous

Sarah Palin

No, seriously. There are many undecideds on here (not me of course), so if you want to sway them, here's your chance.

You're right...
But it's Monday morning in the banking world...
and I am a little short for time right now...
I'll respond a little later on....

Return to Top
#1036480 - 09/08/08 02:33 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll MagicCity
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Sounds reasonable. Buried here too!

Return to Top
#1036481 - 09/08/08 02:34 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll The OG Zaibatsu
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Jimmy Ringo,

My point is that neither candidate has shown a plan for balanced budgets, or for deficit reduction. Sen. McCain deserves the "Big Brass Ones" award for criticizing Sen. Obama on topics that he himself has not addressed.

Neither candidate has a plan to balance the budget, both candidates will increase the deficit. Sen. McCain seems to think that borrowing more money is the appropriate way to finance his programs.

Secondly, the Brookings Institute has published an analysis of both candidates' tax proposals. Read it here. Both candidates' plans seem to reduce taxes overall.

Return to Top
#1036493 - 09/08/08 02:45 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll Hrothgar Geiger
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: AML-Barbarian
Jimmy Ringo,

My point is that neither candidate has shown a plan for balanced budgets, or for deficit reduction. Sen. McCain deserves the "Big Brass Ones" award for criticizing Sen. Obama on topics that he himself has not addressed.

Neither candidate has a plan to balance the budget, both candidates will increase the deficit. Sen. McCain seems to think that borrowing more money is the appropriate way to finance his programs.

Secondly, the Brookings Institute has published an analysis of both candidates' tax proposals. Read it here. Both candidates' plans seem to reduce taxes overall.

Then how will Barak pay for all of the massive social programs he has planned? And you criticize McCain? Maybe McCain will stop funding the UN

Return to Top
#1036497 - 09/08/08 02:46 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll Hrothgar Geiger
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
I scanned the document. I think Obama's spending promises would cost much, much more than his tax plan can provide. Is he just another politician making empty promises to satisfy his base? McCain's tax cuts would be much higher according to Brookings. Did they also analyze each candidates spending promises to see if their tax plans will support it? Did I miss this in my brief scan of the Brookings report?

Though I don't like runaway spending, I've never put much stock in balancing the budget...whatever that means. I do think that, in times of war and natural disasters, spending is going to be higher, but Bush could've used the veto pen more often.
Last edited by Jimmy Ringo; 09/08/08 02:47 PM.

Return to Top
#1036501 - 09/08/08 02:49 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll Truffle Royale
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Thanks TR, it wsa sarcasm. I get beat up quite a bit from where I post from from, I was just giving Chris aome grief

Return to Top
#1036510 - 09/08/08 02:55 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll The OG Zaibatsu
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
JR,

The Brookings analysis just covers the tax proposals, they didn't attempt to balance spending proposals against tax proposals.

I've not finished reading the tax analysis yet, so far, it seems to me that both candidates have promised to cut taxes, but that it's a little more gray who cuts them more. We'll see as I read further.

Return to Top
#1036511 - 09/08/08 02:56 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll Pale Rider
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Oh good grief, it was a slip of the tongue. Get over it. Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

Certainly, President Bush has made many slips of the tongue over the years. For example, "Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people." --George W. Bush

Certainly, John McCain has made many slips of the tongue over the years. For example, his statement that "Shiite Iran is training Sunni Al Qaeda members in Iraq" which the McCain campaign attributed merely to the fact that John McCain
"misspoke and immediately corrected himself".

Does President Bush know there are more than 300 citizens in the U.S.? I hope so, and I believe so; it was simply a slip of the tongue. Does Senator McCain know the difference between a Sunni and a Shiite? I hope so, and I believe so; it was simply a slip of the tongue.

Is Senator Obama secretly a member of the Muslim faith? Nope, I don't think so; it was simply a slip of the tongue. Anyone who reads more into it is truly being disingenuous.

This sort of fear-mongering and ridiculous partisanship has got to stop. It's ugly and it's beneath who we are and what we're capable of as a great nation.

Return to Top
#1036539 - 09/08/08 03:17 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll BurntSienna
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Popularity polls are essentially meaningless... have we seen any really good current electoral maps yet?

Return to Top
#1036542 - 09/08/08 03:21 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll #Just Jay
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I would like to see that myself. I have volunteered for the Mccain campaign and with Fred PAC. But down here in texas I doubt they will have much use for me.

Return to Top
#1036543 - 09/08/08 03:24 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll #Just Jay
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Popularity polls are essentially meaningless... have we seen any really good current electoral maps yet?

States that are pretty evenly divided will generally follow the trend in the national polls. Given that you can't practically poll Ohio (for example) every day, the national polls are a good clue as to what's happening there.

McCain's undeniably received a big bounce, much bigger than I would have expected. The key for the Obama camp is to not panic, not look desparate - it will dissipate, unless they compound the problem by making mistakes (like running against Palin, the way they have for the last ten days).

Return to Top
#1036544 - 09/08/08 03:24 PM Re: McCain Pulls Ahead of Obama in Poll #Just Jay
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Quote:
have we seen any really good current electoral maps yet?

I miss Tim Russert and his board!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2