Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1037189 - 09/09/08 02:07 AM Re: Female Voters Please Consider Dallas Tide
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
What well thought out and written posts, Dallas Tide. Without any mockery I say, please, do go on!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1037192 - 09/09/08 02:12 AM Re: Female Voters Please Consider Hated By Some
Dallas Tide Offline
100 Club
Dallas Tide
Dallas, TX
I suppose you would suggest teaching children not to touch a hot stove or telling teens to say "No" to drugs is also not possible and is a laughable venture?

We teach our children right from wrong in hopes that they'll adhere to our advice. Just because they stray from it doesn't make it any less correct or appropriate.

I beg to differ with your premise that "it is the sheer impossibility of it being adhered to is why the policy is a joke." I was a virgin until I was married at age 29. So, it is neither an impossibility, nor a joke.

Return to Top
#1037195 - 09/09/08 02:15 AM Re: Female Voters Please Consider Dallas Tide
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
its a clear example of east coast snobbery and elitism; same kind of attitude that thinks less of Gov. Palin because she had 5 children, decided to have a down's syndrome child, tries to be active civilly with 5 children, yada yada yada.......

the elites think of her as trailer trash and can't believe she is more like most Americans than they are..........

Return to Top
#1037196 - 09/09/08 02:16 AM Re: Female Voters Please Consider Hated By Some
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Awesome
Quote:
It's the actual implementation of the practice of abstinence that works.

and it is the sheer impossibility of it being adhered to is why the policy is a joke.

there are many youth in America who have pladged abstinence, and practice it, and it works fine. Just because you disagree with something doesn't make it wrong (at least in the real world, in Ronworld, of course, you are all knowing...)

Return to Top
#1037197 - 09/09/08 02:20 AM Re: Female Voters Please Consider Dallas Tide
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
We teach our children right from wrong

i agree. but what about the public policy issue we are talking about?

grats that you were a virgin until you were 29. too bad that you are in a tiny minority.

Return to Top
#1037198 - 09/09/08 02:21 AM Re: Female Voters Please Consider Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
its a clear example of east coast snobbery and elitism; same kind of attitude that thinks less of Gov. Palin because she had 5 children, decided to have a down's syndrome child, tries to be active civilly with 5 children, yada yada yada.......

the elites think of her as trailer trash and can't believe she is more like most Americans than they are..........

pale, we are talking about public policy. when did i refer to her as white trash?

Return to Top
#1037204 - 09/09/08 02:32 AM Re: Female Voters Please Consider Hated By Some
Dallas Tide Offline
100 Club
Dallas Tide
Dallas, TX
I didn't say as a matter of public policy the ONLY sex education you could teach would be abstinence. I do, however, believe it should be taught as the ONLY method to be 100% effective in preventing unwanted pregnancies and sexually-transmitted diseases.

Abstinence - 100%
"The Pill" - 99.1%
Condoms - 93% (or whatever the number is)

Now, the students have truly been presented with valuable information. This is what real choice is all about.

Regarding my being "in a tiny minority," how much difference could have been made had abstinence been taught all along?

It doesn't have to be taught with moral implications (even though I believe those reasons to be just as important), it simply needs to be taught as an option, and, in particular, the MOST effective option of all.

Return to Top
#1037212 - 09/09/08 02:48 AM Re: Female Voters Please Consider Dallas Tide
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
abstinence only programs teach all that and more

what abstinece only programs will not do is the demonstration of how to use certain devices

I find it interesting that there is a very perverse description of what the majority of abstinence only curriculum teaches by those that don't have children or have never reviewed the curriculum....

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4