BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1036895 - 09/08/08 08:04 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... B_F
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Quote:
you are expecting those ideas to influence decisions made by your elected officials
Of course I am. Go back and reread what I wrote. I said I'm electing him because MOST of our beliefs line up.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1036900 - 09/08/08 08:06 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Truffle Royale
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
who is the him that you are referring to, truf? weren't you a hillary supporter?

Return to Top
#1036919 - 09/08/08 08:13 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
is Hillary in the race now? Has she replaced Biden?

Return to Top
#1036932 - 09/08/08 08:18 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
are you truf now?

Return to Top
#1036975 - 09/08/08 08:47 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I recommend a name change to thin ice.......

Return to Top
#1036989 - 09/08/08 08:54 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
why? truf made a statement about beliefs lining up. i thought that she was a hillary supporter if i recall correctly. also, i think that she is referring to mccain when she says "him" but i can't be certain. i'm on thin ice because i am confused by this?

Return to Top
#1037006 - 09/08/08 09:07 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
you gotta think in terms of the totality of the situation!

I recommend you prioritize "having fun" rather than "blowing off steam" or as the BaconBoy says "building up steam"; its got to go beyond putting a at the end of a thought though......

Return to Top
#1037062 - 09/08/08 09:57 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Pale Rider
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
Quick question to whoever is willing to answer it thoughtfully:

If evolution and creationism are both THEORIES (meaning neither can be DEFINITIVELY proven)...why shouldn't both be taught?

Return to Top
#1037075 - 09/08/08 10:20 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... East Texas
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Because they want to teach them in science class. Evolution is a scientific theory and creationism is a matter of faith.

By the way, as far as scientific theories not being definitively proven, evolution is a theory in the same sense as gravity is a theory. The effects of both gravity and evolution can be observed as facts. The EXPLANATION for why these have occurred is a theory.

Return to Top
#1037076 - 09/08/08 10:20 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Awesome
why? truf made a statement about beliefs lining up. i thought that she was a hillary supporter if i recall correctly. also, i think that she is referring to mccain when she says "him" but i can't be certain. i'm on thin ice because i am confused by this?

well, seeing as no females are left in the race for the POTUS position, him could be...McCain or Obama. Now, we all know you've been obsession over who TR will pick, but she has constantly said she was undecided, although she has also said you were helping her move away from Obama with your diatribes. The fan obsession is getting to be a bit much.

(I know, you are purposely being provocative to make TR think about her choices and to make sure she understands the gravity of the choice she will make...blah blah blah)

Return to Top
#1037079 - 09/08/08 10:30 PM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... HappyGilmore
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I thought that gravity was considered a law, scientifically, with no huge holes such as with evolution.

Return to Top
#1037114 - 09/09/08 12:07 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... HappyGilmore
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
so nothing of the apparent instant approval of the palin pick when nobody--even mccain-- didn't know much abut her?

at this point, my questions to her are rhetorical and the silence is deafening.

Return to Top
#1037115 - 09/09/08 12:09 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Blade Scrapper
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Dexter Morgan
I thought that gravity was considered a law, scientifically, with no huge holes such as with evolution.

yoss explained that evolution was taught because it was scientific and not faith. the methodology is the distinction.

Return to Top
#1037118 - 09/09/08 12:12 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands

at this point, my questions to her are rhetorical and the silence is deafening.

If your questions to her are rhetorical, why would you expect anything but silence in return???

Return to Top
#1037119 - 09/09/08 12:14 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Bimmer
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
they may as well be rhetorical because of the deafening silence. i don't intend them to be.

Return to Top
#1037123 - 09/09/08 12:27 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
perhaps the Truff is just saving you from digging yourself a deeper hole

Return to Top
#1037124 - 09/09/08 12:30 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
yes, i'm sure that that's what it is.

Return to Top
#1037128 - 09/09/08 12:34 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
they may as well be rhetorical because of the deafening silence. i don't intend them to be.

Well, are they or aren't they???

Right up there ^^^^^^ You said:

at this point, my questions to her are rhetorical

Return to Top
#1037130 - 09/09/08 12:39 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Bimmer
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i clarified since you didn't get the implication. now back to your caviar.

Return to Top
#1037135 - 09/09/08 12:44 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Ron, Saturday is Caviar night!

Monday is Fois Gras!

Return to Top
#1037136 - 09/09/08 12:49 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Bimmer
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
and the week is getting worse, I expect to post the One's definition of community organizing tomorrow, and it ain't pretty

Return to Top
#1037159 - 09/09/08 01:08 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
Personally I think that evolution takes a lot more faith that creationism. I think that I'd rather say that there is a God out there who created everything that I see and know rather than try to understand that hundreds of species of plants and animals came from some kind of sludge and evolved into what we know today. There are two questions that I have in regard to evolution that no one has been able to satisfactorily answer.

1) Where did the sludge come from?
2) If apes evolved into humans...why do we still have apes? (And this could be adapted for any creature...)

Return to Top
#1037161 - 09/09/08 01:09 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... East Texas
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
personally, i don't think that you are a scientist fwiw.

again, the reason it is taught is for the scientific method.

Return to Top
#1037164 - 09/09/08 01:13 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... Hated By Some
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
(This is me trying very hard not to make comments I will regret when I see them in black and white.)

You have no idea what field(s) I work in or have worked in or have a degree in...so your idea of whether or not I am a scientist doesn't hold water. I am well acquainted with scientists who are creationists and teach it from a scientific perspective...scientific method and all.

Return to Top
#1037167 - 09/09/08 01:22 AM Re: Start to a Bad week for Obama...... East Texas
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
ok, cool. (but am i right about you not being a scientist or not? i'm guessing no unless you want to stretch the definition of the term to mean that you serve in a finance or economist role for your FI. but even if that is true, that isn't science in the sense we are talking about.)

can you tell me about the creationist science perspective relative to the scientific method that is taught via evolution? is brit hume the acquaintance you are referring to?

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3