Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#104462 - 08/07/03 07:39 PM Frequency of Trust audits?
AuditorK Offline
Platinum Poster
PA
As a State chartered bank, is there a regulation that requires internal audit to perform a Trust audit on an annual basis? Our risk assessment dictates a 12-24 month frequency. 12 CFR 9.9 relates to frequency of audits for National banks.

Return to Top
Audit
#104463 - 08/07/03 08:06 PM Re: Frequency of Trust audits?
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
There isn't a state savings bank requirement in Texas, but we do an annual audit for the Trust department anyway. The FDIC does an annual examination of Trust and Registered Transfer Agent powers, so if you have done an internal audit when they come, there is a good chance they will rely on the internal audit and spend less time with you. The Trust department wants it this way as well, since they have some confidence they will have a good exam if they have a good internal audit.

Return to Top
#104464 - 08/07/03 08:46 PM Re: Frequency of Trust audits?
KSK Offline
Gold Star
KSK
Kansas
Like Don, I'm not sure about state law. But if you have an SEC Registered Transfer Agent, there is an SEC requirement for at least an annual audit of the RTA.

We are a National Bank and I see the OCC every two years for a full-blown asset management exam and during the off-years, typically an examiner site visit for a few days.
Last edited by My Mind is Mush; 08/08/03 01:40 PM.
Return to Top
#104465 - 08/07/03 09:24 PM Re: Frequency of Trust audits?
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
And be sure to include comprehensive BSA steps in your Trust audit.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z