Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#104491 - 08/08/03 06:00 PM Re: Trading Spaces
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I often wonder what the actual cost of having Hildabeast in your home is. $1,000 to remove the crap and another $5,000 to fix the holes, glue, blah blah blah, and possibly your furniture.

Gen's gotten quite good over the years, but I"m always afraid she'll go nuts again and do a badly laid slate floor with the full moss walls...sheesh

I always liked that freaky chick who used to do the lamps.

The british version of Trading Spaces just did a room in each of the designers homes. I was more shocked to learn that Laurence actually had a wife than to see what the finished product was

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#104492 - 08/08/03 06:03 PM Re: Trading Spaces
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

I was more shocked to learn that Laurence actually had a wife than to see what the finished product was

I'm that way about Frank - he mentioned his wife on a show and DH and I both said "Wait - WIFE???"

Return to Top
#104493 - 08/08/03 06:04 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
I actually like Changing Rooms better. It's only a half hour, and the designers, carpenter, etc. are hilarious. I love they way they break for tea in the afternoon and leave the poor homeowners slaving away on their projects.

There was one where this woman looked at the room they did in her house and said, "I think it's total crap!" Of course with a British accent. My sides hurt from laughing so hard. She was completely right, by the way.

Return to Top
#104494 - 08/08/03 06:25 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about Monster House? saw that for the first time - 3 back to back episodes. Pretty good. The first one was weird though. They built the fireplace into a smoke breathing, eyes lighting up red, buddha sculpture type thing. I am not a fan of While You Were Out, but I think I almost like best the Designer and Landscape Challenge where three professionals come in to give presentations for the work and the homeowners choose whose they like best and then they do it.

Return to Top
#104495 - 08/08/03 06:32 PM Re: Trading Spaces
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
Yeah, Monster House is cool. I loved the one they did with the movie theme with the huge screen and projection system and the giant concession stand. Told my wife that's what I want for my birthday!

Return to Top
#104496 - 08/08/03 06:44 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you checked out Monster Garage, or American Chopper.

Return to Top
#104497 - 08/08/03 07:52 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Quote:

I actually like Changing Rooms better.

I miss that show. I no longer have the BBC. Just gotta love Andy!

You must admit, no matter how horrid Lawrence's rooms turned out, he could be quite entertaining. My favorite was when they all switched jobs and Lawrence had no idea about carpenter work and hired someone else to do it for him in a sneaky sort of way, only to get caught of course.
Or was favorite seeing him land in the pool!

Return to Top
#104498 - 08/08/03 07:56 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

My favorite was when they all switched jobs and Lawrence had no idea about carpenter work and hired someone else to do it for him in a sneaky sort of way, only to get caught of course.

That was hilarious! Andy turned out to be quite the designer.

Return to Top
#104499 - 08/08/03 07:56 PM Re: Trading Spaces
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Not sure of her name, but I like the girl who is always barefoot - I like her designs, but I also like her!

I want to see a show where the designers trade places with each other and redo rooms for each other - plus, I would really like to see what kind of places they live in.

She is from Uptown in Minneapolis. Do you need directions?

Return to Top
#104500 - 08/08/03 08:07 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes please!

Return to Top
#104501 - 08/08/03 08:09 PM Re: Trading Spaces
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Yes please!

Send me a PM or you might have too much competition.

Return to Top
#104502 - 08/08/03 09:08 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trading Spaces I love this show!

I totally agree what everyone is saying about Hildy and Doug. I think they are just mean about what they do. It has nothing to do with the home owner, more about show casing their talent (ack!) or likes.

I will never forget the episode that Doug came in on the second day with a headache and just snapped at the home owners all day long. I think he has a drinking problem! ;o)

My favorites are all of them except 1-KIA! cheap looking stuff. 2- Hildy! (Hildabeast, that is good! ;o) Hers is selfish and mean inspired. 3- Doug just as mean as a woman dumped by her man and rejected by her lover!

Return to Top
#104503 - 08/08/03 09:13 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trading Spaces I love this show!

I totally agree what everyone is saying about Hildy and Doug. I think they are just mean about what they do. It has nothing to do with the home owner, more about show casing their talent (ack!) or likes.

I will never forget the episode that Doug came in on the second day with a headache and just snapped at the home owners all day long. I think he has a drinking problem! ;o)

My favorites are all of them except 1-KIA! cheap looking stuff. 2- Hildy! (Hildabeast, that is good! ;o) Hers is selfish and mean inspired. 3- Doug just as mean as a woman dumped by her man and rejected by her lover!

Return to Top
#104504 - 08/08/03 10:13 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Quote:

I always liked that freaky chick who used to do the lamps.

Dez? Wasn't she the one that did that freaky Harlequin type room in shades of purple and the homeowners were totally upset?

Return to Top
#104505 - 08/08/03 10:35 PM Re: Trading Spaces
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Ya it was Dez. I love Italian glass, so you could do some pretty freaky shades and please me. She was pretty modern, but she did some cool rooms, and just for the lamps I'd let her do anything.

I'll bet those folks with the purple lamps would keep that in comparison to a Hildabeast silk flower wall anyday

Return to Top
#104506 - 08/11/03 07:32 PM Re: Trading Spaces
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
I haven't been on BOL for over a month ...what a crazy summer!!!! I love Vern Yip!!! He is my ultimate favorite. I also like Gen, Edward, and Frank (although Frank can get carried away with the painting sometimes).

If Kia were to walk into my house, I would turn her away. I cannot stand the borders, etc... She seems to find the one thing that the homeowners might hate and then uses it as a theme. Yuck!!!!!!

Return to Top
#104507 - 10/01/03 11:22 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Does anyone know who the designers will be on Sunday's 100K (a/k/a 100M) episode?

Return to Top
#104508 - 10/01/03 11:28 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

The designers who will work on the big bucks episode are Doug and Laurie. If you're quick, you can read a great article about it that appeared in Wednesday's USA TODAY:

USA Today article

Return to Top
#104509 - 10/02/03 04:25 AM Re: Trading Spaces
cbinder63 Offline

Platinum Poster
cbinder63
Colorado
I'm certain that Dawnie is disappointed that it is not "Hildabeast".

Return to Top
#104510 - 10/02/03 01:06 PM Re: Trading Spaces
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Too bad it's not Vern, though - I'd love to see what he'd do with that kind of money.

Return to Top
#104511 - 10/02/03 02:55 PM Re: Trading Spaces
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Personally, I think TLC is killing this show by overextending the brand. They were already churning out too many episodes of the original--now they've got the Kids and Family versions, too. They're gonna burn this out the same way ABC did with "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" I mean, now that I know I can watch TS basically any time I feel like it, there's no incentive for me to tune in. I just shrug and figure, "Eh, I'll catch it when they queue up another episode in the next 15 minutes."

Still...that Gen is slammin'!

Return to Top
#104512 - 10/02/03 06:32 PM Re: Trading Spaces
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Based on what everyone is saying, I have really missed out on this year's shows by dropping our extended basic cable late last year. After watching TS at my parents house last weekend, and seeing the commercials about the 100M show, in addition to being able to watch the B-Ball playoffs, we got our expanded cable turned back on this week. I can't wait to see what they do with 50M in each house this coming Sunday.

I really enjoy seeing what Vern, Frank and Laurie do. Can't stand Edward or Kia. Doug and Hildi have their moments. I missed the flower bathroom episode - was it really that bad??

Return to Top
#104513 - 10/02/03 06:43 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

RandomName - your post sounds very similar to an little snippet i read from msn this morning on the net. i tend to agree though. it seems many shows run a sprint to make money quickly instead of a marathon (quality over long periods of time, with a good pace)

Return to Top
#104514 - 10/02/03 07:25 PM Re: Trading Spaces
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

I missed the flower bathroom episode - was it really that bad??

Yes. It was. *Shudder*.

Return to Top
#104515 - 10/02/03 07:25 PM Re: Trading Spaces
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Jules...everyone whines about the flowers (which were hidious) but no one even mentions she painted the woodwork GOLD all over GOLD! ::shuddering:: It was a 50's nightmare come to life!

I'd love to see Laurie do a home on $50 grand. She has a passion for fabric I share (I buy fabric by the yard with no known use for it all the time). I expect she'll use a lot of fabulous fabrics and hopefully add some wonderful custom or antique pieces.

Doug will probably import an Italian villa in pieces and glue it to someones wall.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4