Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1045175 - 09/18/08 04:25 PM Attention Yellow Hammer BSA Users
opsoff Offline
Diamond Poster
opsoff
Probably at the Dentist
I am not completely comfortable with the Structuring worklist on my Yellow Hammer BSA software. Neither was the state examiner who did my BSA exam. I'm looking for other users of the software who are comfortable that their structuring worklists are pulling correctly and would be willing to share the Analysis Definitions parameters they have on those worklists.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1045301 - 09/18/08 06:11 PM Re: Attention Yellow Hammer BSA Users opsoff
mdog76 Offline
Platinum Poster
We have two lists, a personal and non-personal. Eash list has the same four parameters, the peer group is the only thing that is different: Cash in 2 day structuring
Cash in 5 day Structuring
Cash out 2 day structuring
Cash out 5 day structuring
Hope this helps.

Return to Top
#1045345 - 09/18/08 06:32 PM Re: Attention Yellow Hammer BSA Users mdog76
opsoff Offline
Diamond Poster
opsoff
Probably at the Dentist
That's what we had pre-set up during installation in April, but the state examiner who did my BSA exam did not feel that was sufficient as I was not getting any entries on my personal or non-personal worklists. I have YH taking a look at it today and apparently something's not quite right. I was just curious to see if anyone had altered the original setup at all.

Return to Top
#1045408 - 09/18/08 07:23 PM Re: Attention Yellow Hammer BSA Users opsoff
Maytagman Offline
Gold Star
Maytagman
South
I changed all the "stucturing" rules to require at least two deposits in order for it to hit. 2 deposits in a week is a hit, or 4 deposits in 30 days is a hit. Otherwise we have "structuring" hits when a person makes a single cash deposit of $8,000 over the course of a month. We tinkered with it repeatedly until we reduced our flags requiring manual review from 120 a day down to about 20 a day. You can also just change the risk threshold that requires manual review until you are getting the right set of transactions every day.

Return to Top
#1045562 - 09/18/08 09:18 PM Re: Attention Yellow Hammer BSA Users Maytagman
loyo111 Offline
100 Club
Miami
Is anyone going to the JackHenry User Group Conference?

Return to Top
#1045569 - 09/18/08 09:27 PM Re: Attention Yellow Hammer BSA Users loyo111
luvflipflops Offline
100 Club
on a beach somewhere
The main issue with YH is that it is "siloed"...meaning it does not look at anything other than cash and wires. We had YH installed and decided that this did not meet our requirements and give us a comprehensive AML monitoring program. We designed our own enterprise wide reporting database in-house and we have received rave reviews from our regulators the past three exams. We compare cash in/out to ACHs in/out to wires in/out to checks in/out, etc. Then we also look at accounts that have been grandfathered in (with existing large balances) who structure their wires out of their account. That's just a few of the 12 reports we review. We produce a lot of SARs but it is good b/c we are actually able to find the suspicious acitvity and report on it, rather than 'turning a blind eye' to it (called willfull blindness in the AML legal world) and acting like it's not there just b/c a monitoring system didn't catch it.

Bottom line is we had YH uninstalled.

Return to Top
#1045891 - 09/19/08 02:46 PM Re: Attention Yellow Hammer BSA Users loyo111
opsoff Offline
Diamond Poster
opsoff
Probably at the Dentist
Originally Posted By: loyo111
Is anyone going to the JackHenry User Group Conference?

I will be attending this year.

I have had no problems with Yellow Hammer Fraud Detective or Yellow Hammer BSA not incorporating ACH entries for review along with the cash entries. The parameters on both products allow you plenty of ACH review options. Wires aren't an issue for us, I log them seperately and do not pull them through core.

Return to Top
#1045895 - 09/19/08 02:50 PM Re: Attention Yellow Hammer BSA Users luvflipflops
loyo111 Offline
100 Club
Miami
Yellowhammer BSA also looks at ACH activity, Transactional Profile activty, performs automated Risk Ratings, Case Management, etc. It has it downfalls like any other system, but overall does the job.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z