BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#104516 - 10/02/03 07:33 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Doug will probably import an Italian villa in pieces and glue it to someones wall.

I don't lik Doug or his designs! He is also very conceited!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#104517 - 10/02/03 07:43 PM Re: Trading Spaces
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Heh, that Laurie really cracks me up. I think she'd be a great kindergarten teacher. (Page would be, too.) And hey, my tangential brush with fame is that I know someone who went to college with her at Ole Miss or some place like that.

I failed to mention that Amy Wynn is also pretty smokin'. And for the ladies, I guess Carter is a nice piece of eye candy. That's why he's also known on the Net as Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine.

Return to Top
#104518 - 10/02/03 08:02 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Christina Offline
100 Club
Christina
Midwest
Jules:

Click here for a link to Trading Space's before and after page. Scroll down to Mississippi: Golden Pond, click on Hilda's room and you'll see the before and after of the dreaded flower bathroom.

Return to Top
#104519 - 10/02/03 08:16 PM Re: Trading Spaces
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Heh, that Laurie really cracks me up. I think she'd be a great kindergarten teacher. (Page would be, too.) And hey, my tangential brush with fame is that I know someone who went to college with her at Ole Miss or some place like that.

I failed to mention that Amy Wynn is also pretty smokin'. And for the ladies, I guess Carter is a nice piece of eye candy. That's why he's also known on the Net as Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine.

I agree about Amy.....something about a woman and power tools....OOOpps I didn't say that!!

Return to Top
#104520 - 10/02/03 08:34 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
What about the living room where the designer (Hildy?) put hay all over the walls? That was absolutly awful!! I would have hated to come home to that.

Return to Top
#104521 - 10/02/03 09:12 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Sheryl R Offline
Gold Star
Sheryl R
Cedar Rapids, IA,
I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the "Hated It" shows that are coming out. Maybe the flowered bathroom will be on it? Or did the owners like that one? (One I actually didn't see.)

Return to Top
#104522 - 10/02/03 09:15 PM Re: Trading Spaces
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Ooh, I watched that Monday night. Not impressed. You get a 45 minute version of the show, a quick interview with the homeowner and a few seconds with the designer in question. It's one episode per episode. I was bored.

Return to Top
#104523 - 10/02/03 09:25 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Sheryl R Offline
Gold Star
Sheryl R
Cedar Rapids, IA,
That's too bad...they could have made the "Hated It" shows good.

Return to Top
#104524 - 10/02/03 09:31 PM Re: Trading Spaces
jack Offline
100 Club
jack
USA
Quote:

I was bored.

We've found that the best way to watch standard trading spaces is to tape a few episodes (they show two or three in a row). Then you can watch the intros and the 'before' scenes, fast forward thru the boring middle parts (and the commercials), and then watch the 'after' scenes and the owners' reactions.

Return to Top
#104525 - 10/02/03 09:41 PM Re: Trading Spaces
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Shamefully, I confess that I done bought the TS book. It, like, gives all this background on the designers and host and carpenters and has an episode guide and stuff. It's...pretty good.

Return to Top
#104526 - 10/02/03 11:16 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Shamefully, I confess that I done bought the TS book. It, like, gives all this background on the designers and host and carpenters and has an episode guide and stuff. It's...pretty good.

You bought the TS book? I bought ALL THREE TS books! You're behind! There's Trading Spaces basic, there's the one on how to build stuff you saw on Trading Spaces, and there's Trading Spaces Color.

Oh, crap. And I also bought Paige's book, so that's four. What an addict I am.

Return to Top
#104527 - 10/03/03 12:55 AM Re: Trading Spaces
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Oh good gravy MB...You bought Paiges book? She's too young to even have enough of a life for me to want to read about her. "I was tall, young and goofy, I found a job on TV, I put my elbow on the heads of the small homeowners, I am PAIGE!"

(If she ever rested her elbow on my head she'd receive mine in her gut). Kids! Sheesh have some manners!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#104528 - 10/03/03 12:34 PM Re: Trading Spaces
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I have the book too. And the calendar. And am giving the calendar to a bunch of people this Christmas (watch for yours to arrive soon!)

Return to Top
#104529 - 10/03/03 12:36 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
OK - I don't watch the show much (I've seen it once or twice), but I clicked on the link to look at the flowered bathroom. Absolutely hideous! How could anyone spend more than 30 seconds in there at a time?

Return to Top
#104530 - 10/03/03 01:51 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
I agree with the They Hated It show. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. I wish that they would have cut more of the show out and added more homeowner commentary.

I have to add that I enjoy Hildy's work....not because I like her crazy style (records nailed to the wall, hay etc.) but I can't stop watching her shows because I can't wait to see the homeowner's reaction

Return to Top
#104531 - 10/03/03 05:45 PM Re: Trading Spaces
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Quote:

Jules:

Click here for a link to Trading Space's before and after page. Scroll down to Mississippi: Golden Pond, click on Hilda's room and you'll see the before and after of the dreaded flower bathroom.

Thanks Christina! That was hideous - WAY TOO BUSY for me. Maybe it will be on a future "Hated It" show. I saw those shows this past Monday night. I too wish they had spent more time with the homeowners and what they ended up doing after the show left. Especially didn't like that turquoise dining room! Talk about hideous! Who was that designer - I don't remember seeing him on any shows last year.

Return to Top
#104532 - 10/03/03 08:48 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Oh good gravy MB...You bought Paiges book? She's too young to even have enough of a life for me to want to read about her.

haven't read it yet. Don't know why I thought I "needed" it.

I wish she would change up her style a bit. I am tired of seeing her in low slung jeans, high heeled boots, big belt buckles, small shirts, bare midriffs. Time to change!

Return to Top
#104533 - 10/03/03 09:40 PM Re: Trading Spaces
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

...I am tired of seeing her in low slung jeans, high heeled boots, big belt buckles, small shirts, bare midriffs...

Heh. I never seem to grow weary of seeing her dress this way. Mmm, bare midriff.

Although she is overexposed in another way. You can hardly turn around without seeing her in some commercial or ad. Oh, yeah, she's milking this opporunity for all it's worth.

Return to Top
#104534 - 10/05/03 10:29 PM Re: Trading Spaces
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Rick is the designer of the horrible dining room. He's new this year, probably a male version of Kia without borders. I expect he'll be gone soon. He's not even controversial, he's just horrible.

I saw an article on Paige in Cosmo. She actually prefers her jeans looser, and her tops less revealing, but the show dresses her that way. I guess sex sells, even when the subject is paint and glueguns.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#104535 - 10/06/03 11:54 AM Re: Trading Spaces
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Who watched the 100,000 dollar episode last night...I taped it but havn't watched it yet!! Was it good?

Return to Top
#104536 - 10/06/03 12:30 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
The 100G episode was very cool!!! Lori rocked as always, and I think some Doug haters will have to admit that with 50G's in his pocket the boy has some talent!!

Return to Top
#104537 - 10/06/03 12:45 PM Re: Trading Spaces
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Awesome!! Can't wait to see it!! Where did they design? Was it someone's home?

Return to Top
#104538 - 10/06/03 12:59 PM Re: Trading Spaces
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
It was an ordinary show, except for the $$, so yes, a real person's home, or rather, 2 real homes. Those homeowners were sure surprised when Paige told them the $$ was upped!

I thought it was a pretty good show, although I missed a chunk in the middle due to June Bug bath/bed time. I did get to see the first hour and the last 15 minutes. I thought Doug used his $$ wisely, by hiring experts to do things, and I loved the way the kitchen turned out. I was not as fond of the living space, I didn't think it was very comfortable. But loved the flat screen hung over the fireplace as art, that was cool. I thought Laurie's room was actually very cluttered, and she rather got on my nerves by being all a-twitter. But it was a fabulous transformation of that horrible room, and that puzzle cocktail table that Ty created was absolutely fabulous (another good show.) I couldn't tell if Doug's homeowners liked what he did or what.

It's being shown again on Saturday for anyone who missed it; I'm going to try to catch it so I can see that middle portion I missed.

Return to Top
#104539 - 10/06/03 01:16 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
EGB- I think you're right about Lori's room being overfull, but Ty's work in that room all the way around was awesome!!

I also thought the living area in Doug's room was a little blah, and the drapes left much to be desired!!

All the Sony items were free gifts that didn't count in the final tally. Must have added another 6-7k onto the final price tag....some people have it so rough .

Return to Top
#104540 - 10/06/03 01:17 PM Re: Trading Spaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought Doug's kitchen was really sharp. The living area looked much too cold.....the original furniture was beautiful in there. One of the biggest problems I have with ANY of the living/family rooms that they do is that they don't look "liveable". I want that space in my house to look like I could flop down on the couch with a cold one and a good book and stay there for hours. I want comfort!

I about flipped when they covered up the blue paint in the other room (blue is my favorite color) but the end result (although maybe a little cluttered) was very warm and cozy. The fireplace mantle and the coffeee table were truly works of art.

The $50,000 per house was more than my first house cost in total! YIKES!

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4