Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1046170 - 09/19/08 04:59 PM No LMI CTs or Title 1 Schools in 1 County
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
Advice Please!!!!!!

I have an AA made up of three separate counties. Each county has one branch. One county is made up of nine upper income and four middle income census tracts and has no Title 1 Schools.

Since the AA is made up of three counties, two of which have both LMI census tracts and Title 1 schools, is it appropriate for me to steer the resources of the branch in the one county toward the communities and schools in the other two counties?

Return to Top
CRA
#1046217 - 09/19/08 05:18 PM Re: No LMI CTs or Title 1 Schools in 1 County Tennismom
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
what kind of "resources" ?

if your performance context indicates the needs of the community are located primarily in the two counties with LMI CT's, then it would be appropriate to concentrate your efforts in those counties.

Return to Top
#1046307 - 09/19/08 06:03 PM Re: No LMI CTs or Title 1 Schools in 1 County Pale Rider
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
PaleRider,

Human and monetary resources.

For CRA purposes, no sense in volunteering for Junior Achievement in a school that is not Title 1? No sense in donating funds for downtown development, as it is not in a LMI CT or benefits LMI individuals?

So, resources should be allocated and efforts expended in the remaining two counties.

Thanks for confirming. Enjoy your weekend.

Return to Top
#1049456 - 09/24/08 05:13 PM Re: No LMI CTs or Title 1 Schools in 1 County Tennismom
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Tennismom, I feel your pain. My AA tracts are comprised of 7 upper, 8 middle, 1 mod, and 1 (tiny, remote) low income area. It is frustrating when the considerable efforts we make to our communities are discounted because they don't "fit" the bureaucratic yardstick. I don't even submit any of the countless school bonds which we invest in the upper and middle areas, because I know they won't fly.

So yes, I can see why you would want to channel monetary resources to the areas that receive credit. However, I will say that we've received credit for our financial education efforts everywhere we've provided them. Thankfully our examiners haven't nitpicked them to death. We've really tried to make the case that LMI individuals reside everywhere, even in upper and middle areas. Our financial education efforts benefit them, and to not recognize such efforts fails the spririt of CRA.

Return to Top