Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1051317 - 09/26/08 03:11 PM CTR - conducted on own behalf?
Sunshine_101 Offline
100 Club
Sunshine_101
Okay, so this may seem like a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. Here is the scenario:

Jon Doh deposits $12,000.00 into his business account, ABC Company, an hour or so later Jon Doh deposits $5,000.00 into a personal account.

?????Would the CTR be completed as.....?????

ABC Company as the benefactor along with Jon Doh; conducted on own behalf (Jon Doh was the one who conducted both transactions) or would it be ABC Company as the benefactor along with Jon Doh; with Jon Doh as the transactor and not select conducted on own behalf???????

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1051326 - 09/26/08 03:14 PM Re: CTR - conducted on own behalf? Sunshine_101
devsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
NYC
Easiest way to complete the CTR is to show John on page 1, Part 1 Section A, check box e in Section B (so you don't have to repeat all of John's info), and show ABC Co on page 2, Part 1 Section A. You would also check boxes 1b and 1c on the top.

Return to Top
#1051343 - 09/26/08 03:21 PM Re: CTR - conducted on own behalf? devsfan
Sunshine_101 Offline
100 Club
Sunshine_101
Okay, could you please explain why the CTR should be completed this way? I'm having a little trouble with it, because to me, it seems that we are saying that the business also conducted it's own business by selecting conducted on own behalf. Just by putting Jon first on the CTR and conducted on own behalf makes it so that the CTR isn't really indicating that the business on the second page was conducted on own behalf as well? I need some help making sense of this so that if this happens again I will be completely sure of my decision.

Return to Top
#1051381 - 09/26/08 03:40 PM Re: CTR - conducted on own behalf? Sunshine_101
Sunshine_101 Offline
100 Club
Sunshine_101
If anyone can explain why the CTR should be filed this way I would greatly appreciate it. A big thank you in advance.

Return to Top
#1051444 - 09/26/08 03:56 PM Re: CTR - conducted on own behalf? Sunshine_101
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I agree. Why? As devsfan stated - easiest way so you don't have to repeat all of John's info.

Return to Top
#1051989 - 09/26/08 08:23 PM Re: CTR - conducted on own behalf? David Dickinson
Maytagman Offline
Gold Star
Maytagman
South
Bug, I think your question is: "Where page 2, section B states 'Individuals Conducting Transaction(s) (if other than above),'" to which section does it refer? In years past, I had thought it referred to the section A IMMEDIATELY above page 2's section B, as you apparently do. I discussed with my regulator the concepts mentioned above, and the regulator agreed that "if other than above" can refer ALL the way back to page 1 (the conductor identified on page 1, either by name in Section B on page 1 or by the "conducted on behalf" or whatever box is checked in Section B to explain B's blankness).

Last edited by Maytagman; 09/26/08 08:29 PM.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z