Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#105882 - 08/22/03 09:21 PM Re: College Football Thread
Jay Bruce Offline
Platinum Poster
Jay Bruce
The New Loft Chamber
Quote:

The Ok State - Neb game on 8/30 will set the tone for the entire NE season. After last year's 707 season, we are looking for better things. If we beat OSU, I think NE can have a 10-3 or 9-4 season. If we lose, 7-7 may look good. It is difficult to know how well NE will do this year as there are many new coaches - new Offensive and Defensive coordinators. Realistically, I expect losses to TX & K-St.

David,

As an OSU graduate, I'll be rooting for the Pokes come August 30. It should be a good game. In past years, OSU has often been able to play 3 quarters of solid football against the Huskers only to fade in the home stretch. Perhaps we can string back-to-back victories. Oh, also as an OU law school grad I also root for the Big Red of the South. I usually have mixed emotions when OU plays OSU...but not last year. I watched the OU/OSU game with my younger brother (an OU grad and a big fan). Before the game, he bragged that the game would be over in 30 minutes...he was right (and also very quiet after the first half).

"A man in a kilt is a man and a half!"

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#105883 - 08/22/03 10:07 PM Re: College Football Thread
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Quote:

Then everyone looks at me strangely as I cheer for both sides.

At least you never lose this way.

Here's a summary of the K-State/Cal game - the BCA Classic. Go K-State!

Return to Top
#105884 - 08/22/03 10:12 PM Re: College Football Thread
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Quote:

Oh, also as an OU law school grad I also root for the Big Red of the South.

The big saying when I was a kid was "sooner dead, then Sooner red."

As I said, this will be a good one to start the year. I'll be there. It's also on ABC at 2:30 CST. Look for me, I'll have red one.

Return to Top
#105885 - 08/23/03 04:06 PM Re: College Football Thread
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Here's a nifty idea. Let's rename this thread the Big XII thread. Where the heck are all of the SEC fans??? We haven't heard much from the ACC fans, either. That's probably because they're all in a dark room somewhere plotting to steal another team from another conference. I can't wait until Miami and VT join a real conference next year. It's real easy to be good when you play in the Big East. In any case, "HOW 'BOUT THEM (Georgia) DAWGS!!!"

Return to Top
#105886 - 08/23/03 06:43 PM Re: College Football Thread
Starky Offline
100 Club
Starky
Arkansas
Quote:

Here's a nifty idea. Let's rename this thread the Big XII thread. Where the heck are all of the SEC fans??? We haven't heard much from the ACC fans, either. That's probably because they're all in a dark room somewhere plotting to steal another team from another conference. I can't wait until Miami and VT join a real conference next year. It's real easy to be good when you play in the Big East. In any case, "HOW 'BOUT THEM (Georgia) DAWGS!!!"

SEC all the way! Razorback fan here. By the way, thanks for the beating you gave us in the SEC Championship game last year!

Thanks for the kind remarks RGS, considering where our program was before coach Nutt took over, we have come a long way. I am also getting excited about the start of basketball season. I think in a couple of years, we'll be able to give Kentucky a good game again, like when we first joined the conference. Man, those were some great games. Nolan and Rick Patino roaming the baseline. We'll be back under coach Heath in no time.

Return to Top
#105887 - 08/25/03 05:48 PM Re: College Football Thread
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I'm for renaming this the Big XII forum! (Just kidding).

K-State looked really good Saturday. They scored on their first 6 possessions - all in the first half! The only weakness they showed was against the long throw. The Big XII is looking bigger.

Return to Top
#105888 - 08/26/03 09:33 PM Re: College Football Thread
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Big XII is the best conference around. Go Sooners!!!!!

Return to Top
#105889 - 08/27/03 03:20 PM Re: College Football Thread
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Go Baylor Bears! (probably a long season for our new coach Guy Morris in his first Big XII year)

Return to Top
#105890 - 08/29/03 03:05 PM Re: College Football Thread
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Well I am more excited than a five-year-old on Christmas Eve. I know the season has started (Miami won big, Maryland... ), but for all intents and purposes, the action starts tomorrow. So, I want to see predictions! Will your team win? Will they lose? Some of your teams have cupcake games tomorrow and will win big, some teams have tough games and it will be close. I'll go first. My beloved Georgia Bulldogs have their first game tomorrow in "Death Valley" at Clemson, SC. It will be a tough game, we're young, we're beat up, but not even the orange clad Clemson Kitties will be enough to deter the Dawgs. UGA- 23, Clemson- 20.

Return to Top
#105891 - 08/29/03 05:22 PM Re: College Football Thread
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Nebraska hosts Ok St. This is a make or break game for the huskers: Win and we have a shot at going 9-3 or better & returning to the top 10. Lose and we will probably be lucky to win 7 games as it will be an emotional killer. No one really knows what to expect as we have a new Offensive Coordinator, a new Defensive Coor, the head coach (Solich) isn't calling plays this year, and many more changes. ABC at 2:30 CST.

I'm optimistic: Huskers 27, Ok State 20.
Check out about the "Husker Nation." This is really cool. GO BIG RED!

Return to Top
#105892 - 08/29/03 06:03 PM Re: College Football Thread
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
David,

I'm not an O-State fan, but the Huskers better be on their toes. Reports I'm hearing is that Nebraska isn't getting as excited over this game as the Cowboys. O-Ess-Who? could slip up a lot of teams this year. With Rashaun Woods staying and Fields as their QB, it could be a dangerous combination. I just hope the Sooners can finally dig out of their rut when playing them. They are always up for us and this is a big game for them too.
BTW, OU Sooners will come out on top tomorrow!!!

Return to Top
#105893 - 08/29/03 07:53 PM Re: College Football Thread
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Don't worry about the huskers not being up for this game. Remember, OSU beat NE last year. They are VERY up for this game. Plus, 800+ former players will be on hand to watch. See the Husker Nation link I gave in the previous post. I've never heard of this before. It is going to be great! (look for me on TV).

Return to Top
#105894 - 09/01/03 06:09 PM Re: College Football Thread
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I was very pleased to see NE win Saturday. I was elated to see our defense shut down the OK State offense. I think Ok State will win many games this year and their offense threat will score many points. The crowd was extremely loud Saturday which seemed to confuse the Ok St offense (gotta love the home field advantage).

Colorado vs. Colo State was a good game (no defense for either team) + is was pouring rain. Colorado has a really tough schedule.

K-State looks good, but they don't play ANYBODY until they get to their Big XII schedule.

Return to Top
#105895 - 09/02/03 02:14 PM Re: College Football Thread
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Quote:

K-State looks good, but they don't play ANYBODY until they get to their Big XII schedule.

You mean like those powerhouses Utah State and Troy State on the Huskers' schedule this year?

I think the Penn State game is the biggest one on the schedule this year, after the way the Huskers were manhandled in Happy Valley last year.

Return to Top
#105896 - 09/02/03 02:29 PM Re: College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the Longhorns can't muster more yards rushing, it is going to be a long day in the Cotton Bowl in October.

Return to Top
#105897 - 09/02/03 03:58 PM Re: College Football Thread
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
Iowa's lack of a defensive secondary did not seem to be a problem against Miami of Ohio's cannon of a QB. Could it be that Iowa has once again managed to put real team on the field despite the opinions of the experts?

Return to Top
#105898 - 09/02/03 04:35 PM Re: College Football Thread
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
Quote:

Go OSU Buckeyes. Being Ohio born and raised has been nice to see them bring home a National Championship for the first times in many years.

The Buckeyes deserved the title last year. It would have been nice to see them play the Hawkeyes. Ohio would have won but Iowa would have made it tough.
If ND was part of the Big 10 people would realize that they should concentrate on basketball.

Return to Top
#105899 - 09/05/03 10:53 PM Re: College Football Thread
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Quote:

You mean like those powerhouses Utah State and Troy State on the Huskers' schedule this year?

I think the Penn State game is the biggest one on the schedule this year, after the way the Huskers were manhandled in Happy Valley last year.

You're right that NE plays two cream puffs, but Penn State & So Miss are the other two non-conference games. K-State has/had Cal, Troy St, McNeese St, Mass & Marshall. Give me a break. This could come back to hurt them when they play a tough team (like NE).

Return to Top
#105900 - 09/06/03 01:14 AM Re: College Football Thread
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Well, NE plays in a tough conference, too. Same with the SEC, and the ACC will be like that next year, too. If you have a tough in-conference schedule, why not play a few cream puffs from time to time? I don't see anything wrong with that. My team, Georgia, plays Middle Tennessee State and UAB in non-conference. Our SEC schedule includes Auburn (who is still good, just not as good as Southern Cal), Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Tennessee. We also play South Carolina, Vandy, and Kentucky, which are not as tough, but can't be disregarded, either. The majority of our games are against great teams. So what's the big deal with playing a couple of cream puffs?

Return to Top
#105901 - 09/15/03 11:25 PM Re: College Football Thread
Karen Williams Offline
California
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How about the loser must change their byline to a cheer for the opposing team for a month?

Go Bruins!

Deal. -[extending virtual hand to shake on deal]-
Go Illini!

All righty then. I'm thinking your new byline should be "UCLA Bruins ROCK!"

So Analyze didn't take my suggestion, but his new quote is pretty awesome.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3