Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#105902 - 08/13/03 07:13 PM Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Forgiveness is one of the most powerful tools for healing there is. It can free us from the deepest pain, both physical and emotional including symptoms of long-standing resentment and bitterness.

If it can set us free, why do we find it so hard to do so?

Perhaps we think that if we forgive someone for something they have done, that somehow we are letting them 'get away with it'.

Why should I forgive?

One moment of sincere forgiveness can clear away the debris of years of pain.

In forgiveness, you will free yourself from the burden of having been wrong.

If you actively practice forgiveness, it brings the power of the heart to work on the conditioning of your unconscious mind. It can break the self-destructive habits of the emotions of anger, grief and hatred.

If you really want to achieve happiness in your life, you must make an effort to forgive those whom you feel have wronged you.

Forgiveness and acceptance

By accepting the past you are letting go of the idea of being a victim and taking responsibility for being the creator of your own life. This also means letting go of blame and criticism of others.

Acceptance means forgiving others for their negativity and forgiving means that you begin to realise that others only did what they did because they thought it was right for you or themselves at the time.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#105903 - 08/13/03 07:46 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
Anonymous
Unregistered

vegan2=grist=ipso facto=tenacious=vegan2
You've come full circle. Did you think no one would figure this out??

Return to Top
#105904 - 08/13/03 08:59 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

vegan2=grist=ipso facto=tenacious=vegan2
You've come full circle. Did you think no one would figure this out??

Perhaps vegan is suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder. Or perhaps he just has a bad case of Grouchy Pants.
And speaking of grouchy pants, why aren't hemorrhoids called ass-teroids?

Return to Top
#105905 - 08/13/03 10:25 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Ha, ROTFLMAO, this post about asteroids should be nominated for the post of the day. It was great !

Return to Top
#105906 - 08/13/03 10:42 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

Ha, ROTFLMAO, this post about asteroids should be nominated for the post of the day. It was great !

It was kind of funny, but the fact is HEMORRHOIDS refers to the morbid dilatation of the hemorrhoidal veins.

Return to Top
#105907 - 02/08/06 12:59 AM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, Great words. Im looking to find some profound advice for my sister. Thanks! Write back if u can.
tarnold@fmncc.com

Return to Top
#105908 - 02/08/06 01:30 AM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
-A- Offline
Gold Star
-A-
the good ole south
X, I like your "psyco" avatar, where did you find it?

Return to Top
#105909 - 02/08/06 01:27 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
Awwwww. Now lets all reach deep into our pockets, and pull out that smile. ((((Group hug everyone)))).
(((Group Hug))) lolol

Return to Top
#105910 - 02/08/06 05:16 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

Wow, Great words. Im looking to find some profound advice for my sister. Thanks! Write back if u can.
tarnold@fmncc.com

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

It seems easier to defend actions than to honestly examine them. We are quicker to attack than admit. Admissions require courage.

When we summon the courage to take ownership of our experiences, to see them just as they are, to feel them — we will recover the blueprints of our lives. We will face our fears and find the transparent beliefs that create them. Becoming more honest with ourselves means introducing more honesty into the collective consciousness of the world, and this lays a foundation upon which an enlightened planetary civilization can be built.

PERSPECTIVE

The easiest way to change something is to change your viewpoint. This does not always result in a change in the world, but it will place you in the optimum position should you wish to make a change in the world.

From the eternal stillness of source, one creates each successive moment of existence, as it was, as it is, and as it will be. All joys, all sorrows, all opportunities, and all limitations roll forth into creation from this stillness here now. Understanding that you are the convergent point of every reality is true perspective.

The prize of experience is perspective; everything else is information.

Each time you accept a thought that is greater than what you have accepted as your standard, that thought activates yet another part of your brain into purposeful use. Each time you do that, the greater thought will offer itself as a carrier to expand your reasoning from that point.

That will activate other portions of your brain for more thought, for more receiving, for more knowing.

You know, it is very simple to be a genius. All you have to do is think for yourself.

Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Return to Top
#105911 - 02/08/06 05:28 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
This thread could be renamed "X's Do As I Say, Not As I Do List"

Return to Top
#105912 - 02/08/06 05:52 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
ditto

Return to Top
#105913 - 02/08/06 06:44 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Not true, King and Queen Bolamers.

My life is very different from the way I'm perceived here. But, your comment does reflect your perceptive limitations, one more time.

Return to Top
#105914 - 02/08/06 06:53 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
No x, any one can be perceived on here from their posts. We don't know anything about you in the so-called "real world"

Return to Top
#105915 - 02/08/06 06:58 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

No x, any one can be perceived on here from their posts. We don't know anything about you in the so-called "real world"

X doesn't exist in the real world.

Return to Top
#105916 - 02/08/06 06:58 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
isn't that like lawnmower man?

Return to Top
#105917 - 02/08/06 07:00 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Queen Bolamer - now what's your point? Would that be "no one can be ------ (versus any one)?

If that is true - why did the original statement receive a "Ditto" from you? Are you thinking for yourself today?

Return to Top
#105918 - 02/08/06 07:04 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Yes x I am thinking for myself. In the land of BOL I get the impression that you do not possess any of those qualities, that in turn would be my perception of you. Needless to say you could exhibit these qualities in the "real world" or maybe you are picky as to whom you show those qualities to.(referring to BOL)

Return to Top
#105919 - 02/08/06 07:16 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Yes x I am thinking for myself. In the land of BOL I get the impression that you do not possess any of those qualities, that in turn would be my perception of you. Needless to say you could exhibit these qualities in the "real world" or maybe you are picky as to whom you show those qualities to.(referring to BOL)

I certainly hope you aren't showing your best qualities on here either or you would not be a very intelligent or fun person to be around.

Return to Top
#105920 - 02/08/06 07:17 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
MMMMKAY!! Right on anon! How do you come to your conclusion?

Return to Top
#105921 - 02/08/06 07:17 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
I'd show everyone here MY best quality, but I'd be banned.

Return to Top
#105922 - 02/08/06 07:22 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

Who cares - it's not like I'm looking for anything from BOL posters - it's just fun to deal with the little people. Here's the deal - BOLers are put into boxes - you've been put into the lame box. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, but thinking for yourself will get you out of that box.

Return to Top
#105923 - 02/08/06 07:30 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

MMMMKAY!! Right on anon! How do you come to your conclusion?

From your posts I see an immature, irresponsible person who isn't very bright, but who certainly thinks a lot of herself. Just my opinion. Now you can cry and tell me why I'm wrong (which will only end up proving I'm right).

Return to Top
#105924 - 02/08/06 07:30 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are so full of it X

Return to Top
#105925 - 02/08/06 07:31 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

I'd show everyone here MY best quality, but I'd be banned.

Me too. Also, if I turned on the charm - all kinds of offers would come my way. Being gifted in so many areas has its problems. In addition, I just watched "Kinsey" on HBO - I'm really gifted is so many ways with no need to read the book - but, a whole chapter should have been about me.

Return to Top
#105926 - 02/08/06 07:46 PM Re: Forgiveness Is The Key To Happiness
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
LOL! Nice!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2