Miscuit
TX

Return to Top
#1059451 - 10/07/08 01:02 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? TB 12
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
sox, i think that is pretty accurate: seeing these maniacal fans at the palin pep rally one could surmise that most americans feel the same way.

Return to Top
#1059456 - 10/07/08 01:05 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Hated By Some
A_G Offline
10K Club
doontcha knoow

Return to Top
#1059459 - 10/07/08 01:08 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? A_G
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
you are gosh darn right, dangnabit!

Return to Top
#1059478 - 10/07/08 01:20 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Hated By Some
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. In the cooler, posters argue political matters for post after post after post, expecting what? The other side to concede a point? Never going to happen. I could continue to argue with McCain Economics and rainman about Gwen's bias and Obama's recent relationship with Ayers, but what would be accomplished except stealing time from my employer.

So, to rainman and McCain Economics, rather than continuing in a completely fruitless and never ending debate: You win! Gwen was completely free of bias on all counts and Obama only said "hello" to Ayers occasionally on his way to get the Chicago Tribune from his driveway.

Return to Top
#1059491 - 10/07/08 01:25 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? The OG Zaibatsu
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Hey, don't lump me in with McCain Economics on the Ayers thing - there's no way Obama can say that he "didn't associate" with Ayers.

Return to Top
#1059498 - 10/07/08 01:31 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? rainman
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
Originally Posted By: rainman
Hey, don't lump me in with McCain Economics on the Ayers thing - there's no way Obama can say that he "didn't associate" with Ayers.

Now, that would make a good, field-leveling debate question.

I suppose he/she could also give John McCain an opportunity to tell the country that he was completely exonerated in the Keating 5 scandal.

Return to Top
#1059500 - 10/07/08 01:32 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? rainman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
how about "pall around with"? it's okay to just ramp up the description of their association i guess. because that matters doesn't it? it is a point about his judgment character but what about THE SELECTION OF SARAH PALIN?! i mean for crying out loud!

Return to Top
#1059509 - 10/07/08 01:34 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? The OG Zaibatsu
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
and i guess that obama could tell the audience that the weathermen were bombing when he was 6!

Return to Top
#1059535 - 10/07/08 01:45 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Hated By Some
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
Originally Posted By: McCain Economics
and i guess that obama could tell the audience that the weathermen were bombing when he was 6!

I said you win, why do you keep going on and on? Obama hardly knows the man and if he does, it doesn't matter, there is apparently a 30 some-odd year statute of limitations after which it is perfectly acceptable to associate and have business/political dealings with an unrepentant bomber of federal and local government buildings. It is just too bad Timothy McViegh will not be around to pal around with the 2024 Democratic nominee for President. You win! It isn't important.

Return to Top
#1059543 - 10/07/08 01:49 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? The OG Zaibatsu
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
well, you keep going on.

please, can you outline the business and political leanings? can you account for the repudiation of the weatherman acts that occurred when obama was 6?

and again "pal"?! really? please, describe the "palling". oh that sarah palin is just so pretty and spunky. why, i'll believe anything she says!

Return to Top
#1059550 - 10/07/08 01:57 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Hated By Some
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
well, you keep going on.

please, can you outline the business and political leanings? can you account for the repudiation of the weatherman acts that occurred when obama was 6?

and again "pal"?! really? please, describe the "palling"? oh that sarah palin is just so pretty and spunky. why, i'll believe anything she says!

I said you were right. It doesn't matter. It is just too bad Hitler didn't live long enough to give the Clinton campaign a boost in 1992.

FWIW: All sarcasm aside: I don't care what Palin says about it. I don't care what McCain says about it. I don't care what conservative TV or radio says about it. I want to hear from Obama--and not merely a typical politician's self-serving denunciation (politicians lie--haven't you heard?), but a blow by blow account of their relationship. It isn't the McCain-Palin ticket that has issued conflicting reports of his relationship. It isn't Palin who said that Obama's political career started in Ayer's house. I think "We the People" are entitled to know who Obama is and this is part of that. He should give specifics. I'd love to hear from Ayers, but apparently, he's not talking.

Is my request fair?

Return to Top
#1059561 - 10/07/08 01:59 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? The OG Zaibatsu
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
obama has spoke a number of times on the ayers relationship but those instances don't count when you really don't care what he has to say.

Return to Top
#1059639 - 10/07/08 02:50 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Hated By Some
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Was THE ONE six (actually it was eight) when they co-chaired the Annenburg Challenge? Or when he kicked off his political career at their home?

Return to Top
#1059653 - 10/07/08 02:57 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Blade Scrapper
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: NoPublicFinance
Was THE ONE six (actually it was eight) when they co-chaired the Annenburg Challenge? Or when he kicked off his political career at their home?

Heck, he was about 4 years old during the Selma, Alabama protests and yet in his own words, he was born of Selma. After all, what messiah cannot travel time

Return to Top
#1059657 - 10/07/08 03:01 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
well, you keep going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvROBLortBQ

And no, it's not from Fox News

Return to Top
#1059670 - 10/07/08 03:06 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Bimmer
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
well, you keep going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvROBLortBQ

And no, it's not from Fox News

Good job Bim. And CNN is anything but right of center.

Return to Top
#1059680 - 10/07/08 03:14 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Hated By Some
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
obama has spoke a number of times on the ayers relationship but those instances don't count when you really don't care what he has to say.

I do care. Post me the details. If the man kicked off his campaign in the guys living room and arranged money for his "re-education" of school children, I'd love to see the details. Please link me to it. And quit telling people what they think. It is an annoying trait.

Return to Top
#1059689 - 10/07/08 03:18 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? The OG Zaibatsu
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: In Memory of...

I do care. Post me the details. If the man kicked off his campaign in the guys living room and arranged money for his "re-education" of school children, I'd love to see the details. Please link me to it. And quit telling people what they think. It is an annoying trait.

Watch the video I posted ^^^^Up there

Return to Top
#1059896 - 10/07/08 04:33 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Bimmer
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
FWIW, I think the Ayers issue is going to be more of a problem for Obama than it has been to date. I think that CNN piece is going to be troublesome b/c it will prompt more interest from the MSM - is it a watershed? What would you give to see one of these questions asked of Obama tonight?

You characterized Ayers as " respected." What do you respect about him? Do you respect any other unrepentant terrorists?

You dismissed your association with William Ayers by stating that his actions, while "despicable," occurred when you were just eight years old. Ayers was still a fugitive when another terrorist bomber, Ted Kaczynski ( the " Unabomber") began his bombing campaign (btw senator, you were 20 at the time). Would you have had any reservations working with Kaczynski? Would you have had any reservations launching your political career from Kaczynski's home? What about abortion clinic bomber Eric Rudolf? If so, please explain your reasons for working with some terrorists but not others.

Did you and Ayers ever discuss his participation in the bombing of the Pentagon? If so, when? How did you respond? Did you continue working with him afterward? Why? Did this discussion occur before or after he hosted your political coming-out party?

As president, would you appoint any member to your cabinet who had worked with terrorists? Would you appoint any individual whose political career had been launched at the home of a terrorist? If not, why not? If you consider an association with terrorists to be a disqualifier for, say, the position of attorney general or national security advisor, why shouldn't it be a disqualifier for president?

Did you ever tell Ayers that his actions were "despicable"? If so, did you do so at the time you interviewed to chair the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, or later?

You had a relationship with an unrepentant terrorist and you've stated that you'd meet without precondition with the leaders of terrorist-sponsoring countries. Could you please explain why voters should believe you're serious about the threat of terrorism?

What, if any, policy differences do you have with Ayers?

(h/t: National Review)

Return to Top
#1060386 - 10/07/08 09:19 PM Re: Was Ifell a fair moderator? Hated By Some
Jessilynn Offline
100 Club
I kinda agree that Cheney does not really matter nor does Bush. Both will go on living their lives but have little if anything to do with public policy after their terms are complete.

Should we compare Biden to Gore because Gore was the last democratic VP? Kinda silly if you ask me.

As for Obama and Ayers...Obama was only six when Ayers held the grand opening party for his (Obama's) political career at his lush Chicago home?

Obama denounced his actions like he denounced his ministers...when he felt that they were hurting him in his political campaign for President.

Obama ran the foundation/money give away in Chicago for Ayers and they didn't know each other?

Ok if you say so...

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2