Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1058391 - 10/03/08 10:26 PM Re: Moving in together before marriage? Sing A Little
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Who you calling a cow?!

So true, though, Sing!

Return to Top
#1058417 - 10/03/08 11:29 PM Re: Moving in together before marriage? Sing A Little
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Sing A Little
If you're sippin the milk, then help take care of the cow.

I would be, by milking the cow.

Otherwise, it appears the cow is just fine living on her own in the barn, so why wreck a good thing?

Return to Top
#1058755 - 10/06/08 03:25 PM Re: Moving in together before marriage? #Just Jay
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
If two people haven't taken their relationship to the next level physically / emotionally and want to wait until they are married or committed that is one thing, but I'm not sure I understand why anyone would basically play house without the house.

Return to Top
#1058763 - 10/06/08 03:32 PM Re: Moving in together before marriage? Sing A Little
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Like I said, why wreck a good thing?

Return to Top
#1058768 - 10/06/08 03:35 PM Re: Moving in together before marriage? #Just Jay
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Hey, if that what works for you then great. I personally wouldn't, and I actually didn't when my husband and I got serious. We lived together for about 2 years before we got married and have been married for 10 1/2 years.

Return to Top
#1060535 - 10/08/08 07:19 AM Re: Moving in together before marriage? Sing A Little
Seadevil Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
Whether you live together or not. There is only one thing that will keep a marriage together "WORK". Day in and Day out it will take both working together to make it strong.

My wife and I dated for about 14 months and then I left for the Navy. During the next 16 months we were mostly apart. This past April we celebrated year 26. Was it easy, not in the beginning (which I consider years 1-10). After that everything just seemed to click. This included long separations, not being able to communicate for months, etc...

The main reason I think is that neither one of us wanted to give up and say to heck with it. Through better and worse, we stuck it out and I still consider us stronger than ever. Why, we wanted it and for 26+ years we worked at it.

Return to Top
#1062106 - 10/09/08 05:51 PM Re: Moving in together before marriage? Seadevil
kendrar Offline
Gold Star
I have seen marriages fail that did and did not live with each other first - I don't think that has as much of a bearing on the marriage as the actual committment the two individuals have to each other.

If you live with a person you will see how they react to some of the things in life - but the majority of those things that you need to see how they react to might not happen before marriage.

I did not live with either of my husbands priro to marriage - the first marriage failed, technically when he started sleeping with my "best" friend about a month or so after we got married, then when he told me 1.5 hours after having our child and finally officiall when the papers were final.

My second husband and I met on e-Harmony in September 2005, we got married in June 2006 (in the span of one weekend I moved, got married, and started a new job), and are perfectly happy. There have been adjustments - though none we haven't been able to work out.

For a relationship to work you both have to be on the same page - and be ready and willing to work on the relationship.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett