Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1063422 - 10/10/08 09:54 PM Re: Breaking News about Obama!! Sound Tactic
Mint Julep Offline
Diamond Poster
Mint Julep
Tennessee
Originally Posted By: StrawmanILK
Furthermore, one might want to wonder why Yoss' source actually says this at the bottom:

What actually demands an explanation is why the McCain campaign was so willing to give credence to such a questionable story with such tremendous international implications without first talking to Republicans present at Obama’s meeting with al-Maliki, who back Obama’s version of the meeting and completely dismiss the Post column as untrue.

Which makes it more of an editorial, by someone who obviously does not support McCain and then likely supports Obama. So I have to ask, do you have a better source?

It may be editorializing, but it may just be some truth in journalism, too. I mean, really, why isn't someone publicly questioning the McCain campaign about this misrepresentation of the facts? When the leading Republicans in the administration disagree with the story present by the campaign committee for the Republican candidate and agree with the version offered by the opposition, don't you have to ask yourself about the ethical standards of the Repub campaign?

This whole thing smacks of desperation. It isn't building confidence in McCain for me. It makes me think he is willing to act first and ask questions later and having that old hand on the big button doesn't make me feel good, especially considering his attitude toward places like Russia.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1063485 - 10/11/08 03:22 AM Re: Breaking News about Obama!! Mint Julep
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I'll just throw in a bit of personal experience with politics and how someone can twist a story around.

I was President of an animal rescue group. Seems there was a very ambitious person who wanted to use our group for this person's glorification even though it was not in the best interest of the animals.

I put a stop to it and was subsequently VILIFIED on the Internet by this person. This person spread stories about me that were at best a complete misrepresentation of a situation, and at worst out and out lies. But this person had friends who continued with the charge. These people couldn't understand why the "sheep" who donated to our group could not see what a evil and vile person I was.

These people made it more and more difficult to conduct fundraising and outreach for our organization. I had a choice - either I could come out with savage attacks against this person and the organization that this person favored, or I could ignore it and focus on the animals.

I decided to ignore them as I knew that the true losers in any smear campaign between organizations would be the animals that depended on these organizations for their very lives.

Ultimately, it got to be too much for me and I was on the verge of seeing years of hard work, not to mention serious money out of my pocket to support and care for the animals ripped apart by these Internet vigilantes who were more focused on bringing down rescue groups as if they were hunting big game. The actual welfare of the animals, while at the top of their rhetoric, was not really a concern of theirs.

I made the decision to step down as President so that I could remove myself, and the organization, from being a target.

It was a sobering lesson about how "No good deed goes unpunished." Does it color some of how I view this year's Presidential campaign? You betcha!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2