Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1066530 - 10/17/08 04:13 PM Re: What's wrong with people Mrs. Rizzo
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
"They" always say things happen when you least expect it. If and when you're meant to find that certain someone, it will just happen. Don't despare. But don't put any pressure on yourself either. Just go about living your life and enjoying your kids. You really ARE blessed to have them. Take it from someone who knows...they'll be out on their own sooner than you'll want them to be.

Mostly, be proud of yourself. You're doing something a lot of men (and women) wouldn't have the fortitude ...or love, to do. I'm honored to have made your (virtual) acquaintance.

Return to Top
#1066907 - 10/18/08 03:01 AM Re: What's wrong with people Truffle Royale
chenin Offline
Diamond Poster
chenin
CB, I know what you are dealing with, it sounds just like my son's story. His wife left 3 years ago and seldom makes time to see the kids who are 6 & 7 now. She would make promises to them all week and never pick them up on Friday, or if she did she would get a sitter so she could go out to the club! She moved out of state and hasn't seen the kids since April. When she does call half the time they tell her they are too busy to talk to her and go about their business. Kids are smarter than you think and they will soon realize it is dad they can count on all the time. When my son went out of town for a couple days the kids asked to call him several times a day to give him updates and never asked to call mom. It is sad, but they are better off with her out of their lives.
Just take one day at a time and enjoy your kids. Like TR said, they will be out on their own sooner that you'll want them to be.

Return to Top
#1066970 - 10/19/08 12:15 AM Re: What's wrong with people chenin
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Oh CB!!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your kids.
Oh don't be hard on yourself- you'll find someone and it will all be good. It takes time so let it. Hugs to you!

Return to Top
#1067012 - 10/20/08 03:43 AM Re: What's wrong with people pjs
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
CB, you should watch the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. The story line is very uplifting and it makes some great points for those of us dealing with heartache and living life on our own.

Return to Top
#1068195 - 10/21/08 10:09 PM Re: What's wrong with people Mrs. Rizzo
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Rizz, are you dealing with heartache? I am so sorry if you are.

Return to Top
#1068633 - 10/22/08 06:08 PM Re: What's wrong with people CRAatBOK
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
KC, I wouldn't say heartache. But just the uncertainty that so many of us deal with when it comes to relationships and the hopes of not being alone for all of eternity!! LOL!
We all have to remember that what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger and that just because people are really mean and stupid sometimes, does not give us the right to kill them

Return to Top
#1068739 - 10/22/08 07:23 PM Re: What's wrong with people Mrs. Rizzo
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Originally Posted By: Rizzo
.....just because people are really mean and stupid sometimes, does not give us the right to kill them

What, is that some kind of rule now?? lol

Return to Top
#1068897 - 10/22/08 09:50 PM Re: What's wrong with people Clown Boy
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
CB, I couldn't help but notice your references to "the bottom of a bottle" and I hope that means you build ships in empty bottles!

There is no solace to be found at the bottom of "other" bottles. To find real freedom from the pain and disappointment, let go of the anger and resentment (and guilt, cause I'm sure there is some, speaking from experience). Those emotions rob you of the joy of life.

Step out of the middle of the situation. If the ex says to "tell the kids" ...... you make sure she knows that SHE has to tell the kids. Boundaries will set you free.

Bless you. Quite a few folks here think very highly of you, so keep on loving those kiddos and doing what you know in your heart is right.

Return to Top
#1068902 - 10/22/08 09:55 PM Re: What's wrong with people GenerousLife
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
"Boundaries will set you free."

This is awesome! I hadn't quite thought of things that way!!

And clownie, she makes an excellent point about HER telling the kids! You aren't here for someone else's dirty work!!

Return to Top
#1068945 - 10/22/08 10:46 PM Re: What's wrong with people Mrs. Rizzo
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
KC, I wouldn't say heartache. But just the uncertainty that so many of us deal with when it comes to relationships and the hopes of not being alone for all of eternity!! LOL!
We all have to remember that what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger and that just because people are really mean and stupid sometimes, does not give us the right to kill them

I know what you mean Rizz. I was asked what my greatest fear was I said - not being able to support myself in my old age.

I have pretty well reconciled with the fact that I will be alone rest of my life (except for the cats) but don't want to be dependent on someone else to support me.

Return to Top
#1069008 - 10/23/08 04:41 AM Re: What's wrong with people Clown Boy
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
Originally Posted By: Clown Boy
.....just because people are really mean and stupid sometimes, does not give us the right to kill them

What, is that some kind of rule now?? lol

CB, as I say, some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett