BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1070694 - 10/24/08 08:18 PM Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling"
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Away with the Constitution. Control those airwaves. Listen for yourselves, right from the horses mouth:

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2008/10/dem-senator-fai.html

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1070781 - 10/24/08 09:41 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" TheManofSteel
dmcosmos Offline
New Poster
under a rock
this from those that proclaim freedom of speech when they speak and no censorship on any of their books, art, etc.....oh, but don't say the G word and don't fight them on anything...because they'll come up with their fairness crp

Return to Top
#1070783 - 10/24/08 09:43 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" dmcosmos
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: dmcosmos
this from those that proclaim freedom of speech when they speak and no censorship on any of their books, art, etc.....oh, but don't say the G word and don't fight them on anything...because they'll come up with their fairness crp

Please, DMC, you know Ron and his ilk know what's best for you, me, and everyone else better than we do ourselves.

BO will properly take what you make and give it to someone else who deserves it more because of the bad breaks dealt to them by life.

Return to Top
#1070786 - 10/24/08 09:45 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" MB Guy
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Fear monger!

Return to Top
#1070792 - 10/24/08 09:52 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" GuitarDude
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Thanks GD!

Return to Top
#1070805 - 10/24/08 10:08 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" MB Guy
dmcosmos Offline
New Poster
under a rock
ohhhh, right, fear m...thanks for reminding me that my American dream wouldn't be mine to control anymore........control? what? who said that? nobody said that

Return to Top
#1070830 - 10/24/08 11:08 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" TheManofSteel
buggs Offline
Power Poster
This so-called "fairness doctrine" is such a huge load of CARP!

It's time to start thinking about pirate radio stations. Does Senator Obama support this? If so, that just might the straw that breaks the proverbial camel's back and my decision will be made.

Return to Top
#1070841 - 10/24/08 11:40 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" buggs
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny

It's time to start thinking about pirate radio stations. Does Senator Obama support this? If so, that just might the straw that breaks the proverbial camel's back and my decision will be made.

Hey, don't bring me into this

Return to Top
#1070845 - 10/24/08 11:44 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i lol'd too.

Return to Top
#1070866 - 10/25/08 01:35 AM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" buggs
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind

I suppose you can read this several ways Bugs. While BO doesn't come out and say his position (that I could find) [/shocked], he says the following:

Barack Obama strongly supports the principle of network neutrality. . . . ( Source )

Bugs, come over to the "dark" side . . . I'll even wear a tinfoil hat with you

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
#1070867 - 10/25/08 01:48 AM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" TheManofSteel
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
Originally Posted By: FellaLugosi
Away with the Constitution. Control those airwaves. Listen for yourselves, right from the horses mouth:

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2008/10/dem-senator-fai.html

Did you catch the part about the media being privately held "at this point"? I love most things about this state - just not the majority of the politians.

Ok, so I know this is "faux news" but I thought it was quite funny:

"The Fairness Doctrine illustrates a key truth about lefty thinking: no one actually likes it. The fact that you'd need the government to force radio stations to broadcast this [censored] is proof that society has no need for it.

For an example of how successful liberal chat radio is on its own, see Air America. It was to radio broadcasting what crabs are to spring break. . . .

If the Fairness Doctrine happens, most likely talk radio would go bankrupt supporting liberal shows they'd be forced to run. And that's the left's real strategy: It's not about giving Randi Rhodes another outlet to ramble incoherently. It's about eliminating dissent."

Source

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
#1070880 - 10/25/08 02:58 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" Darkhorse
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
"Fairness Doctrine", what a load of codswallop!

Return to Top
#1070882 - 10/25/08 04:04 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Calling" Darkhorse
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Darkhorse
Ok, so I know this is "faux news" but I thought it was quite funny...

Funny? In what way? If the fairness doctrine actually comes about, it could be the first step to a "1984" or "V for Vendetta" scenario. (Oooooh, let's can the tinfoil comments in advance, folks.)

Return to Top
#1070889 - 10/25/08 05:50 PM Re: Dem Senator:"Fairness Doctrine A Higher Callin buggs
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Darkhorse
Ok, so I know this is "faux news" but I thought it was quite funny...

Funny? In what way? If the fairness doctrine actually comes about, it could be the first step to a "1984" of "V for Vendetta" scenario. (Oooooh, let's can the tinfoil comments in advance, folks.)

You and I may respectfully disagree on certain applications of privacy rights, but when it comes to this, there is nothing tinfoil about your hat doc. Things rarely get taken away overnight; it happens in the smallest increments over the course of decades. So watch freedom of speech slowly start to get chipped away at if the FD advocates get their way.

Return to Top