Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1074315 - 10/31/08 02:24 PM courier training
MarieR Offline
Platinum Poster
We are moving from one full day of all required training to online training courses. One question that has been posed is do our couriers need to do all the training courses. We can see privacy and security, but what about items like CRA, Fair lending,BSA etc. The couriers had always attended training day but with the computer training, they are questioning the relevance. What do you do with these types of positions? Do you require all training for all employees? Thank you for your responses.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1074360 - 10/31/08 03:09 PM Re: courier training MarieR
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
We don't have couriers at our bank, so I can't relate to that, but I can tell you that we use online training and tailor it to each position. I give security, privacy, and BSA across the board for everyone, even mailroom clerks.

Return to Top
#1074437 - 10/31/08 03:51 PM Re: courier training Kelsey D
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
We do not require all training for all staff. Our courier staff must attend training on physical security, information security and BSA.

Return to Top
#1074935 - 11/01/08 01:15 AM Re: courier training MarieR
marcy Offline
100 Club
marcy
When we recently performed our CRA training we omitted the couriers and the evening IT operators. Good luck with online training. We found that some departments loved it and others hated it. We now do a variety of methods depending upon the team.

Return to Top
#1075040 - 11/02/08 03:47 AM Re: courier training marcy
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
We use non-bank employees as couriers, so it doesn't apply to us. But ditto on the online courses. We required BSA at some level for all employees, but not all employees had computer access (e.g., facilities workers, proof operators). While they could access the website from home, the next issue was compensating people who took the training at home. We didn't, but they wanted us to.

Good luck.

Return to Top
#1075043 - 11/02/08 04:03 AM Re: courier training BBoyd
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
An alternative is to provide pcs at the bank where those without normal pc access can take courses (a training center, a pc in compliance, etc.)
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1075563 - 11/03/08 08:18 PM Re: courier training Kathleen O. Blanchard
MarieR Offline
Platinum Poster
Thank you all for your thoughts. We will have them do the training at the bank at an available PC.

Return to Top