Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1074781 - 10/31/08 08:05 PM Obama supporters
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Is this really what you expect when Obama is President?

GLENN: We have a ton to go through, but I want to start with a clip with -- this is a piece of audio that a person who was at a campaign rally -- and in fact, I think it's the campaign rally in Florida after that 30-minute commercial, you know, where they did the live shot and the crowd in Florida, this is the result of listening to Barack Obama. Ask yourself, does this sound like someone who is at a rally who has just listened to the person who could be the next President of the United States. Listen to what this woman says.

VOICE: It was the most memorable time of my life. It was a touching moment.

VOICE: Why?

VOICE: Because I never thought this day would ever happen. I won't have to work on putting gas on my car, I won't have to work on paying my mortgage. You know, if I help him, he's going to help me.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1074784 - 10/31/08 08:07 PM Re: Obama supporters Bimmer
Peepers Offline
10K Club
sweet! a free house, sign me up

Return to Top
#1074802 - 10/31/08 08:18 PM Re: Obama supporters Peepers
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Mr. Peepers
sweet! a free house, sign me up

Not so fast Peepers!

Obama Lays Plans to Kill Expectations After Election Victory

Confident in an Election Day win, the campaign looks to lower supporters' expectations on concerns their hopes of 'change' are unrealistic, a senior aide says

By Tim Reid, The Times of London

Barack Obama's senior advisers have drawn up plans to lower expectations for his presidency if he wins next week's election, amid concerns that many of his euphoric supporters are harboring unrealistic hopes of what he can achieve.

The sudden financial crisis and the prospect of a deep and painful recession have increased the urgency inside the Obama team to bring people down to earth, after a campaign in which his soaring rhetoric and promises of "hope" and "change" are now confronted with the reality of a stricken economy.

One senior adviser told The Times that the first few weeks of the transition, immediately after the election, were critical, "so there's not a vast mood swing from exhilaration and euphoria to despair."

The aide said that Obama himself was the first to realize that expectations risked being inflated.

In an interview with a Colorado radio station, Obama appeared to be engaged already in expectation lowering. Asked about his goals for the first hundred days, he said he would need more time to tackle such big and costly issues as health care reform, global warming and Iraq.

"The first hundred days is going to be important, but it's probably going to be the first thousand days that makes the difference," he said. He has also been reminding crowds in recent days how "hard" it will be to achieve his goals, and that it will take time.

"I won't stand here and pretend that any of this will be easy -- especially now," Obama told a rally in Sarasota, Florida, yesterday, citing "the cost of this economic crisis, and the cost of the war in Iraq." Obama's transition team is headed by John Podesta, a Washington veteran and a former chief-of-staff to Bill Clinton. He has spent months overseeing a virtual Democratic government-in-exile to plan a smooth transition should Obama emerge victorious next week.

The plans are so far advanced that an Obama Cabinet has been largely decided upon, with the expectation that most of his senior appointments could be announced shortly after election day.

Return to Top
#1074838 - 10/31/08 08:39 PM Re: Obama supporters Bimmer
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I've notified my nmortgage company that this will be the last payment I'll be making, to send future payment notices to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

Return to Top
#1074913 - 10/31/08 10:18 PM Re: Obama supporters HappyGilmore
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Keep up the idiotic jokes and comparisons, boys. Kind of reflects your itelligence quotient, doesn't it? You guys remind me of the stupid high school losers who sat in the back of the room so you could goof off. You would probably have fit right in in The Breakfast Club.

Return to Top
#1074917 - 10/31/08 10:24 PM Re: Obama supporters buggs
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
So, still no answer to my question???

Return to Top
#1074939 - 11/01/08 01:26 AM Re: Obama supporters Bimmer
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
And what question might that be, Bim?

Return to Top
#1074940 - 11/01/08 01:39 AM Re: Obama supporters buggs
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Default User

Is this really what the Obama supporters expect when he is President?

GLENN: We have a ton to go through, but I want to start with a clip with -- this is a piece of audio that a person who was at a campaign rally -- and in fact, I think it's the campaign rally in Florida after that 30-minute commercial, you know, where they did the live shot and the crowd in Florida, this is the result of listening to Barack Obama. Ask yourself, does this sound like someone who is at a rally who has just listened to the person who could be the next President of the United States. Listen to what this woman says.

VOICE: It was the most memorable time of my life. It was a touching moment.

VOICE: Why?

VOICE: Because I never thought this day would ever happen. I won't have to work on putting gas on my car, I won't have to work on paying my mortgage. You know, if I help him, he's going to help me.

Return to Top
#1074944 - 11/01/08 02:34 AM Re: Obama supporters Bimmer
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
As an Obama supporter, no, I do not expect this.

Return to Top
#1074948 - 11/01/08 03:03 AM Re: Obama supporters #Just Jay
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Wow Jay I thought you were undecided, this whole obama supporter is news to me. I guess I have been staying away from the cooler too much

Return to Top
#1074950 - 11/01/08 12:45 PM Re: Obama supporters kms
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Where do you drag up this nonsense from?

If you don't want to vote for Obama, then don't.
But don't get ridiculous about it.

Obama is a highly educated person who will do his best for the country if elected.
And there is nothing out there to suggest otherwise.

Return to Top
#1074953 - 11/01/08 01:15 PM Re: Obama supporters MagicCity
Patriot Offline
Gold Star
Education is important. But when I fill new positions in my department, experience counts more than education. I may hire a compliance person with a bachelor's degree over one with a JD if they have the experience I'm looking for. Ditto for electing a President, I would think.

Return to Top
#1074958 - 11/01/08 01:41 PM Re: Obama supporters MagicCity
ITGuy Offline
Gold Star
Alabama
I agree Magic! The nonsense has gone beyond ridiculous. Only a few more days to go and hopefully this mess will subside. I know who I'm voting for, and no matter what junk is posted here, I am not going to change my mind.

Return to Top
#1074964 - 11/01/08 02:02 PM Re: Obama supporters Patriot
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Originally Posted By: TMcElfresh
Education is important. But when I fill new positions in my department, experience counts more than education. I may hire a compliance person with a bachelor's degree over one with a JD if they have the experience I'm looking for. Ditto for electing a President, I would think.

And I am sure that you will give the applicant several interviews, - not one brief meeting like McCain had with Palin.
His choice shows his continued shoot from the hip style which is what we don't need in a volatile world.
We need a thoughtful intelligent person like Obama.

I get the impression that McCain found out early on in his childhood that if he did something outrageous he would get his fathers attention.
And he has continued this into adulthood.

Return to Top
#1074965 - 11/01/08 02:09 PM Re: Obama supporters MagicCity
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: MagicCity
Where do you drag up this nonsense from?

So, because it hasn't been reported in the Drive-By Media, it's nonsense?

I guess Obama's involvement with Khalidi doesn't concern you either?

Return to Top
#1074970 - 11/01/08 02:25 PM Re: Obama supporters Bimmer
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Oh please!
Why don't you bring up his involvement with the BoogieMan?
That is crazy... dragging up every half baked person that he may have crossed paths with during his lifetime.

If we did that with McCain or anybody else we could find alot of strange people, but it would not mean that McCain thinks like them or has a relationship with them.

The media has put out an article on all the crazy stories and connections that have come up and said they did not print them because they were investigated and proven to be baseless, and that was against both men.

Return to Top
#1074974 - 11/01/08 03:00 PM Re: Obama supporters Bimmer
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Default User

Is this really what the Obama supporters expect when he is President?

This sounds like a retorhical question to me, but OK, I'll bite. I have absolutely no idea what Obama supporters expect when he his President other than it will be something different than George Bush or the Republicans. That's all most of them really want. It's pretty simple.

Return to Top
#1075013 - 11/01/08 10:48 PM Re: Obama supporters buggs
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
OMG, the world have righted it'self in the cooler at last. I am so pleased to see other Obama supporters speaking out, I was beginning to think I was one of a very, very few.

I too just expect Obama to be different from the past 8 years. I will still have to go to work, pay my mortgage, buy my own gas - - in other words, life will go on as usual for me after this election. I do expect him to do his best for this country, nothing more, nothing less.

Return to Top
#1075014 - 11/01/08 10:58 PM Re: Obama supporters MagicCity
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
I get the impression that McCain found out early on in his childhood that if he did something outrageous he would get his fathers attention.
And he has continued this into adulthood.

this guy really is another w.

Return to Top
#1075015 - 11/01/08 10:59 PM Re: Obama supporters corkygirl
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: QCB
OMG, the world have righted it'self in the cooler at last. I am so pleased to see other Obama supporters speaking out, I was beginning to think I was one of a very, very few.

I too just expect Obama to be different from the past 8 years. I will still have to go to work, pay my mortgage, buy my own gas - - in other words, life will go on as usual for me after this election. I do expect him to do his best for this country, nothing more, nothing less.

no, we are basically voting to place satan himself in office...

Return to Top
#1075017 - 11/02/08 12:37 AM Re: Obama supporters Hated By Some
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: Camaro Power
no, we are basically voting to place satan himself in office...

Oh h-ell - either one of them is Satan. Politicians are politicians are politicians, and being involved in politics means that you have to compromise your soul at one point to get anywhere.

Basically, the Dems had their turn until 2000, then it was the Repubs turn, they badly muffed the play, so now it's the Dems turn again.

Although I will observe that a good bit of the Cooler seems a bit steeped in neo-con koolaid which has scared away a lot of posters from venturing down here (other than to lurk.)

I come from a family of neo-cons so I am very familiar with the flavor of their koolaid.

Having said all that - what I will say is a very exciting development is the NUMBER of people actually VOTING in this election. If we keep this up, we may be able to top the votes for American Idol! I stare in amazement everytime the news shows those 3 to 5 hour lines for early voting.

Return to Top
#1075025 - 11/02/08 01:37 AM Re: Obama supporters Princess Romeo
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
What's a "neo-con", Bonnie???

Return to Top
#1075027 - 11/02/08 01:40 AM Re: Obama supporters Jokerman
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Bimmer, you might hate him but from all the stuff I see, he's already one foot in the door. You better start lovin' him!

Return to Top
#1075028 - 11/02/08 01:40 AM Re: Obama supporters Jokerman
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
A neo-conservative - basically the 20th century version of Manifest Destiny.

Fifty-four Forty or Fight! Yeah!!!!

Return to Top
#1075029 - 11/02/08 01:42 AM Re: Obama supporters Princess Romeo
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Psst, Bonnie - we're in the 21st century.

So what to you mean that it is related to Manifest Destiny? How so?

Who do you see posting here that you consider a "neo-con"?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2