Thread Options
#1076913 - 11/05/08 06:13 PM Re: Why McCain Lost TheManofSteel
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: TheMANofSTEEL
Originally Posted By: MB Guy
I don't care what anyone says, I don't think Palin was as bad a choice as many of you believe.

I do agree that based on the economy currently, maybe Romney would have been a better choice, BUT Palin was just as qualified as Obama.

I think you would find that alot of women who have never been married and/or had a troublesome family life growing up with respect to their father figure, were turned off by Sarah Palin. She represented a reality that created an association of bitter memories. I saw it here alot with married woman who readily supported her vs. many career women in the 30's and above, unmarried, that not only refrained from voting for her, but carried alot of animosity toward her, successful governing not withstanding.

Ahem - married for 25 years and still going, here. I know PLENTY of married women, women with children, women with children and successful careers, who felt that Palin was a poor choice.

I also think that most pundits missed the point on Palin. To me, it wasn't her "lack of experience", it was that she was too divisive. Her speech at the RNC was wa-a-a-y to snarky for my taste.

Combine that with her speech patterns that were, simply put, bizaare, and it cemented for me that this person was not a good choice to have so close to the most powerful office in our world.

Take some of her network interview answers and try to diagram those sentances. It can't be done.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1076914 - 11/05/08 06:14 PM Re: Why McCain Lost TheManofSteel
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I don't care what anyone says, I don't think Palin was as bad a choice as many of you believe.

I do agree that based on the economy currently, maybe Romney would have been a better choice, BUT Palin was just as qualified as Obama.

I think you would find that alot of women who have never been married and/or had a troublesome family life growing up with respect to their father figure, were turned off by Sarah Palin. She represented a reality that created an association of bitter memories. I saw it here alot with married woman who readily supported her vs. many career women in the 30's and above, unmarried, that not only refrained from voting for her, but carried alot of animosity toward her, successful governing not withstanding.

Ahem - married for 25 years and still going, here. And my daughter is now in college. I know PLENTY of married women, women with children, women with children and successful careers, who felt that Palin was a poor choice.

I also think that most pundits missed the point on Palin. To me, it wasn't her "lack of experience", it was that she was too divisive. Her speech at the RNC was wa-a-a-y too snarky for my taste.

Combine that with her speech patterns that were, simply put, bizarre, and it cemented for me that this person was not a good choice to have so close to the most powerful office in our world.

Take some of her network interview answers and try to diagram those sentences. It can't be done.

P.S. I had a GREAT relationship with my father, and to this day I admire his dedication towards helping others.
Last edited by Bonnie M; 11/05/08 06:17 PM.

Return to Top
#1076916 - 11/05/08 06:20 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Princess Romeo
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Bonnie, Terets? LOL, j/k.

I don't see how her speech patterns would disqualify her as a candidate for VP, nor would I consider "snarkiness."

But, you're entitled to your opinion.

How did you feel about her stances on the issues? Or, did you never make it that far after hearing her speech patterns?

Return to Top
#1076921 - 11/05/08 06:21 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Princess Romeo
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I get it Bonnie

Return to Top
#1076942 - 11/05/08 06:28 PM Re: Why McCain Lost QCL
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: QueenChop'dLiver
I get it Bonnie

PMing

Return to Top
#1077013 - 11/05/08 07:06 PM Re: Why McCain Lost TheManofSteel
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
IMO most of the women who supported Hilary would not support Sara Palin. She certainly differs on many issues with Hilary, and she's way too conservative for most democrats to support.

If McCain thought that women would vote for her just because she's a woman...I think he learned a lesson last night.

Return to Top
#1077017 - 11/05/08 07:11 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Sing A Little
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
I think McCain was trying to woo the Right with her; however, from what I was hearing on TV last night, a lot of the Right stayed home and didn't vote.

Return to Top
#1077022 - 11/05/08 07:16 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Sing A Little
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
I thought Palin brought a refreshing candor to the political arena. I applaud the party for having the guts to add her to the ticket. I would likely have voted for McCain regardless of his running mate for a number of reasons. Obama will never be an option.

Return to Top
#1077047 - 11/05/08 07:42 PM Re: Why McCain Lost MB Guy
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Bonnie, Terets? LOL, j/k.

I don't see how her speech patterns would disqualify her as a candidate for VP, nor would I consider "snarkiness."

But, you're entitled to your opinion.

How did you feel about her stances on the issues? Or, did you never make it that far after hearing her speech patterns?

I don't think that Palin has Tourettes Syndrome, but if I had to endure another "And also too...." sentance, I think I would have damaged my T.V. Don't get me wrong, Obama needs to exorcise his "Ah's and Umm's" which is why I recommend he attend a few Toastmaster meetings before January. (I am a proud owner of a few "Wizard of Ah's" ribbons from my Toastmaster days. They did the trick.)

Her stance on the issues - well it was kind of hard to find them for all of the slings and arrows she kept shooting, but I would say that I find her stance on abortion (not even for rape or incest victims) to be scary. I was appalled at her promotion of shooting wolves from helicopters, her "Drill, Baby, Drill" mantra to be the kind of short sightedness that got our country into the current mess it is in, and her answers on the economic issues and healthcare issues were simply incomprehensible - i.e. I had no idea where she was either coming from or going.

While I am for the responsible use of our natural resources, the "Drill, Baby, Drill" chant was a bit too much of a "Bull-in-the-china-shop" or threading a needle with a sledgehammer approach. We have only one planet, and if we screw up this environment too much, we don't have a lot of options.

I know my sentiments are not very popular with the Dittohead crowd, but that's also why I love living in America.

Return to Top
#1077231 - 11/05/08 09:12 PM Re: Why McCain Lost TheManofSteel
Jessilynn Offline
100 Club
Bonnie M "Palin was the reason that I could not even consider voting for McCain. With a different running mate, I might have."

Palin was the only thing going for McCain that made me vote for him. I almost voted for Barr but...tastes like chicken so it must have been

Return to Top
#1077235 - 11/05/08 09:14 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Jessilynn
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
^^^^ should have voted for Barr

Return to Top
#1077238 - 11/05/08 09:15 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Miscuit
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Why McCain Lost:

....got less votes? Just sayin'

Return to Top
#1077253 - 11/05/08 09:25 PM Re: Why McCain Lost MB Guy
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East

If McCain had chosen Romney, I would have voted for him.

Return to Top
#1077285 - 11/05/08 09:41 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Comp Guy No More
ITGuy Offline
Gold Star
Alabama
I probably would have too.

Return to Top
#1077294 - 11/05/08 09:47 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Jessilynn
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
Originally Posted By: Jessilynn
Bonnie M "Palin was the reason that I could not even consider voting for McCain. With a different running mate, I might have."

Palin was the only thing going for McCain that made me vote for him. I almost voted for Barr but...tastes like chicken so it must have been

Palin is the reason I could not consider voting for McCain either. Prior to McCain selecting her, I may have considered it more but once I found out her stance on certain issues, there was no way I would ever pull the lever for McCain. In my opinion, Palin screwed McCain.

Return to Top
#1077314 - 11/05/08 10:00 PM Re: Why McCain Lost J2C
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: jennyfromthebloc

but once I found out her stance on certain issues, there was no way I would ever pull the lever for McCain.

While I utterly disagree with you Jenny on positions, this at least is a valid rationale for not voting McCain/Palin. You disagreed with her stances on issues.

I get miffed at the folks who claim she lacked experience when clearly she has governed, or who dislike her voice or that she is a family woman etc.

Return to Top
#1077315 - 11/05/08 10:01 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Snow Bunny
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Originally Posted By: Pooh (The Bear)
Why McCain Lost:

....got less votes? Just sayin'

^^^^ showin' off and bein' "cerebral"

Return to Top
#1077317 - 11/05/08 10:02 PM Re: Why McCain Lost J2C
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
In my opinion, Palin screwed McCain.

Ya know, he did seem a little more chipper lately...

Return to Top
#1077321 - 11/05/08 10:05 PM Re: Why McCain Lost TheManofSteel
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is

but once I found out her stance on certain issues, there was no way I would ever pull the lever for McCain.

While I utterly disagree with you Jenny on positions, this at least is a valid rationale for not voting McCain/Palin. You disagreed with her stances on issues.

I get miffed at the folks who claim she lacked experience when clearly she has governed, or who dislike her voice or that she is a family woman etc.

Did I mention that she reminded me too much of Catbert?

Return to Top
#1077331 - 11/05/08 10:12 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Princess Romeo
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Bonnie M

Did I mention that she reminded me too much of Catbert?

who is Catbert?

I voted for her because she is so damn hot

joking people.

Return to Top
#1077336 - 11/05/08 10:15 PM Re: Why McCain Lost BrendaC
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: BrendaC
I thought Palin brought a refreshing candor to the political arena. I applaud the party for having the guts to add her to the ticket. I would likely have voted for McCain regardless of his running mate for a number of reasons. Obama will never be an option.

well, he is our nation's option now. how are you going to proceed?

Return to Top
#1077343 - 11/05/08 10:18 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Ron, can you stop being snide, even for a moment?

Return to Top
#1077345 - 11/05/08 10:18 PM Re: Why McCain Lost TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
get miffed at the folks who claim she lacked experience when clearly she has governed, or who dislike her voice or that she is a family woman etc.

fwiw, my standard of "capacity for office" that i use and suggest others use instead of "experience" disqualified her in addition to her social stances of course.

Return to Top
#1077347 - 11/05/08 10:20 PM Re: Why McCain Lost straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: straw
Ron, can you stop being snide, even for a moment?

i wasn't trying to be snide. i am asking if she is going to go "purple".

Return to Top
#1077348 - 11/05/08 10:22 PM Re: Why McCain Lost Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Not how it comes off.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3