Thread Options
#1077784 - 11/06/08 04:45 PM Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1077790 - 11/06/08 04:49 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm TheManofSteel
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street

Return to Top
#1077795 - 11/06/08 04:52 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm cheekEE
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Would the Ron Mexico version of this article be titled "Jogger Runs Mile With Faux Biting Arm?"

Return to Top
#1077805 - 11/06/08 05:02 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm GuitarDude
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
i thought this might be a thomasj story!

Return to Top
#1077818 - 11/06/08 05:14 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm kitten
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
No, not me! If it were me it would be a rabid skunk, I see them everyday rummaging through peoples garbage when I am running. They generally leave me alone, but occasionally one will run along side me for a few yards. Fortunately I can run fast enough to stay in front of them (very important when dealing with skunks). I have also been seeing some deer and rabbits lately.

Return to Top
#1077819 - 11/06/08 05:15 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm thomasj
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison

Return to Top
#1078103 - 11/06/08 08:55 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm kitten
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
That is one tough woman, wow, and she's awfully commmitted to finishing her run. Neither sleet nor snow nor rabid foxes will keep her from completing her run, yikes!

Return to Top
#1078128 - 11/06/08 09:11 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm BurntSienna
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I spent the night with a rabid fox on my arm one night - prom. (That girl was nuts.)

Return to Top
#1078149 - 11/06/08 09:22 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm BurntSienna
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: Cerulean
That is one tough woman, wow, and she's awfully commmitted to finishing her run. Neither sleet nor snow nor rabid foxes will keep her from completing her run, yikes!

I don't think it was a matter of completing her run - she was just trying to get back to her car to get to the hospital:

"The woman wanted the animal tested for rabies so she ran a mile to her car with the fox still biting her arm, then pried it off and tossed it in her trunk and drove to the Prescott hospital."

Return to Top
#1078171 - 11/06/08 09:32 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm Jokerman
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By: Jokerman
I spent the night with a rabid fox on my arm one night - prom. (That girl was nuts.)

LOL!!

Return to Top
#1078204 - 11/06/08 09:45 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm Becka Marr
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Becka Marr

I don't think it was a matter of completing her run - she was just trying to get back to her car to get to the hospital:

"The woman wanted the animal tested for rabies so she ran a mile to her car with the fox still biting her arm, then pried it off and tossed it in her trunk and drove to the Prescott hospital."

I know; I was just being silly.

Return to Top
#1078209 - 11/06/08 09:46 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm Jokerman
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest

Nuts? Or crazy like a...?

Return to Top
#1078213 - 11/06/08 09:47 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm BurntSienna
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

Nuts? Or crazy like a...?

hey sweety where ya been hiding out?

Return to Top
#1078239 - 11/06/08 09:56 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm TheManofSteel
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Maybe she should join the local hunt.

Return to Top
#1078249 - 11/06/08 10:01 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm TheManofSteel
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Hey, there TMOS! I've been just buried with exams and audits and conversions and training and risk analysis and hardware upgrades and software upgrades and lions and tigers and bears (oh my!). I pop my head into BOL and read/comment occasionally, but just haven't had the luxury of time... BTW, I love the new Reagan quote in your siggy.

Back on topic, I can't imagine how scary that would have been for that poor jogger. I'm glad she got tested and is being treated appropriately for the rabies. She was smart to bring the animal with her to the hospital!

Return to Top
#1078275 - 11/06/08 10:16 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm BurntSienna
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
I wonder how the fox got rabies to begin with? Is it generally transferred from saliva from species to species during predation?

Return to Top
#1078281 - 11/06/08 10:25 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm TheManofSteel
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
It doesn't say whether the fox actually had rabies. It just says that the woman and the animal control officer were treated with the vaccination, probably as a precaution.

Return to Top
#1078282 - 11/06/08 10:27 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm TheManofSteel
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Just last night we had a fox in our front yard. My son saw it in his headlights when he was leaving our house and called to tell us. I walked out on the front porch and into the yard (we have a big front yard) but I couldn't see it because it was dark. All of a sudden our dog, who was standing inside the house looking out the screen door, started barking. Then I saw the fox running down the street as it passed under the street light.

My wife and daughter had seen it a couple of days earlier in our front yard during the day. They said it looked pretty bad. It's eyes were swollen like it had been in a fight or something.

After seeing this, I think we'll be more careful if we see it again in case the fox really does have something wrong with it.

Return to Top
#1078284 - 11/06/08 10:29 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm buggs
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
That just freaky. We don't have that problem so much in the city but on the outskirts wild animals are often encountered.

Becka, more than likely the fox's head is being tested.

Return to Top
#1078319 - 11/06/08 11:04 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm Bacon Boy
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Oh, I was going by the headline... "rabid fox"... so I thought the fox actually did have rabies. Also, foxes are usually pretty shy and run away from humans, which would lend credence to the idea this one was ill and behaving erratically.

Return to Top
#1078504 - 11/07/08 01:50 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm BurntSienna
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Foxes, raccoons and possums are major vectors for rabies.

Return to Top
#1078534 - 11/07/08 02:24 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm RR Becca
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Its a shame. When a fox is healthy, they are really beautiful animals. Once in a very blue moon, and I mean a very blue one, I'll see one hunting along a roadside on one of our highways that passes through rural areas called the Taconic. They have nice bushy tails and a rich reddish brown coat. Not unlike the coyotes I have seen hunting together in Jasper National Park in Canada.

Return to Top
#1078593 - 11/07/08 02:52 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm TheManofSteel
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
We have a resident family of foxes in the fenceline of our property. Whenever we bushhog they sit in the trees and bark at us until the mower flushes a rabbit or field rat. There's a couple of young ones who have gotten brave enough to steal the dribblings around the bases of the horses' feed pans in the evenings - they're fun to watch.

Return to Top
#1078594 - 11/07/08 02:54 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm RR Becca
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I give, what the heck is "bushhogging"?

Return to Top
#1078616 - 11/07/08 03:04 PM Re: Jogger Runs Mile w/Rabid Fox Biting Her Arm Retired DQ
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
I was thinking the same thing DQ. Us Yanks need brushing up on suthn speak.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2