BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Thread Options
#108941 - 11/24/03 03:38 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
DISAVOWED ONE Offline
DISAVOWED ONE
Deep South
THANKS!! EGB!! You saved my team this week. We hadn't a clue. Will it be Burton or Jon? I hope Jon, but the way it usually goes with my choices in Survivor, the ones I despise the most play to the end. Burton is the biggest threat, but will Lil stay true and save him this week? Jon is the most hated and untrustworthy--the biggest liar, but will they keep him because they all know not to trust him, so they see him as a less of a threat? And who's going to feed everybody? Can any one of the remaining players fish? Certainly not like Rupert. Looking forward to Wednesday night.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#108942 - 11/24/03 03:59 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
There's been some speculation that the Big Lie will come from Jon, and that he'll pull an Evil Dr. Will from Big Brother 2 in a bid for sympathy and try to make an outrageous claim that a family member is dying of cancer. Dunno if that's how it'll work out. I rather doubt it, but one of the previews did show him being all weepy.

Looks like this will be one intense episode.

Opinion remains divided as to whether Sandra is uber-clever and saw which way the wind was blowing and bailed on Rupert (by voting for Jon, which everyone would understand on her part, instead of voting for Darrah like ChristaMeth and Rupert did--this way, she avoids hacking off Darrah unnecessarily...also, some say she's in a meta-alliance with Jon in the first place), or if she's just going on her emotions.

Return to Top
#108943 - 11/24/03 04:24 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
don't forget survivor is on on WEDNESDAY this week!!!
and p.s. is it wrong to pray for something as silly as jon's being voted off???

Return to Top
#108944 - 11/24/03 04:32 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
DISAVOWED ONE Offline
DISAVOWED ONE
Deep South
What slime! Jon gets more evil every week. Will his big lie get exposed this week? Or does he fool everyone? And Sandra--I think she's pretty clever but not that clever. I think where Jon is concerned, she goes more on emotion. From the first moment that they swam ashore, Sandra made no effort to disguise the fact that Jon completely irritated and disgusted her.

Return to Top
#108945 - 11/24/03 06:28 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I am currently leaning towards Jon going out this week. F4 info mentions a 'bearded guy' and with Jon, wouldn't you think his blond curls would be the first thing someone would mention? Whereas with Burton, other than the fact that he's a guy, there really isn't anything distinguishing about him to someone just viewing him (say from the village or from a boat that snuck in under the security web.) Random seems to be getting some of the same data I am, so hopefully between us we'll have the real scoop as it breaks.

Return to Top
#108946 - 11/25/03 02:13 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

The New York Daily News reported yesterday that the REAL reason Rupert did not do any press (no Early Morning show or David Letterman appearances) is because he is allegedly on the All-Star Survivor show. Although CBS said the reason Rupert was not doing press was "he is quite upset with the producers", the Daily News "insiders" say it is all a ruse. I would love to see him on the All Star show, although it will be quite entertaining to see all the "alpha males" duking it out!

Return to Top
#108947 - 11/25/03 03:20 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Ahhhhh...now I know why everyone was crying in the previews...they lose the family visit. BUT on all other Survivors, doesn't everyone end up seeing their families regardless?? I can't remember.

Return to Top
#108948 - 11/25/03 03:29 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's not at all rare for the castaways not to get their visit/letter/video. I always find that kind of sad (remember Jenna from S1 sobbing because her letter from her daughters didn't arrive in time?)

Return to Top
#108949 - 11/25/03 03:34 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
RUNSWITHSCISSORS Offline
Platinum Poster
RUNSWITHSCISSORS
So, if Jon weasels his way to get the reward challenge, and the other members find he has "lied" about it in some way- his only chance of staying in the game would be to win immunity, right? I sure hope the immunity reward is not taken from somebody else and given to Jon. That would really stink!

Return to Top
#108950 - 11/25/03 07:12 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i think we've finally found some one more vile than vile richard!

Return to Top
#108951 - 11/25/03 08:42 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Richard was the Ultimate Survivor. In my opinion, he was not vile. I feel John is a creep. Although one may not like Richard, you must respect the way he played the game. He played brillantly and won and he had no example of how to play like survivors since him.

That's what makes this show fun to watch and discuss. Everyone has a different opinion which makes it interesting.

I really hope the reason Rupert isn't in the media is because of the upcoming Superstar Survivor. Any breaking news on that?

Return to Top
#108952 - 11/26/03 04:51 AM Re: Survivor Spoilers
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Here's some background material on the so-famous Big Lie, which we might see begin to play out on Wednesday night (I'm pasting this stuff in from another site):

No, not at all according to Probst. For clarification, here are his exact quotes:

Jeff Probst, in published interviews, regarding "The Big Lie":

"It's brilliant. It's brutal and it's brilliant and it totally suckered me," says Probst, who, naturally, won't divulge who told the lie or what its ramifications were. "My first reaction was 'Motherf----r,' and then my second reaction was 'Wow, that's amazing.' "

Rick Porter, Zap2It.com, in an interview posted Wednesday, September 17.

Another quote:

Probst says Dalton, an art consultant from Virginia, takes the prize for "squirreliest" contestant ever. He's responsible for "the greatest lie ever told on Survivor," says Probst, who's heard a few whoppers.

Return to Top
#108953 - 11/26/03 01:41 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
I think I missed something.. what is the big lie?

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#108954 - 11/26/03 01:59 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
DISAVOWED ONE Offline
DISAVOWED ONE
Deep South
But does this BIG LIE play out tonight,or does it go on for a couple of episodes? I picked Jon to get the boot tonight--thinking that the lie would be discovered tonight. And if he's such a great player, will he last to F4. Please, NO! He's like a smart--- kid with no discipline and no respect for authority or anyone else. Is this what will win this time? I hope not! I felt like Tijuana or Darrah would be the final two. Tonight is going to be great or greatly frustrating.

Return to Top
#108955 - 11/26/03 02:02 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
EGB-any further hints on happenings tonight?

Return to Top
#108956 - 11/26/03 02:06 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
Jeff was on bob and tom this am... says that the lie is from jon and that this show is for the jon haters... he would neither confirm or deny that rupert couldn't do interviews due to the all stars show...

Return to Top
#108957 - 11/26/03 02:31 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I *adored* Richard - not personally, but he set the standard for how Survivor SHOULD be played. It's about the GAMESMANSHIP, people, not who is the nicest (Ethan, Tina) or who slid by the votes (Vecepia.) Who took the game and worked it the best? Like him or not, Richard worked the game the best, and set the bar high. Brian from last season also played very well, although I think we didn't see it nearly as much since MB edited it to hide things until the end (Brian & Helen's super alliance, etc.)

Boards are still saying Jon takes reward, Christa most likely for Immunity (although possibly Lill) and Jon, Burton, or Tijuana for boot, with Jon being the narrow leader.

My personal feeling is the Big Lie will relate to why Jon has a friend rather than family member show up. Jon's a nasty little weasel and I would love for him to go home because I can't stand looking at him any more.

No sign of Jon going F4 - Burton is more likely a candidate. Rupert IS on All Stars. I have a source who just got back from Panama, where they are currently filming All Stars, and I will see what I can find out from her with regard to what happens.

Return to Top
#108958 - 11/26/03 04:08 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
In regards to the Big Lie (not to be confused with the Big Regret, which is assumed to pertain to Wussten), most folks say that it's something that none of the other Survivors will even realize until they watch the completed show. So sources are saying that whatever it is, everyone falls for it totally and it's never revealed as a falsehood. If so, and if Jon is indeed the liar and also is tonight's evictee, then evidently it's not the Lie that gets him booted.

Return to Top
#108959 - 11/26/03 07:30 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Whoops, late breaking news - Lill to win reward, gives to Jon. Tijuana for the boot (sorry D.O.!)

Return to Top
#108960 - 11/26/03 09:33 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
Lil is too gulliable for this game!!!

Return to Top
#108961 - 11/27/03 12:03 AM Re: Survivor Spoilers
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
On the Survivor website it says that one player "tells the grandmother of all lies". So, it must be something about someone's grandmother. Can't wait to watch tonight!

Return to Top
#108962 - 11/27/03 12:45 AM Re: Survivor Spoilers
MAG Offline
100 Club
I either heard or read somewhere that the "Big Lie" is about the family members. They said that before the game, Jon set it up with someone so that he would get bad news during the family episode and get some sympathy. That would tie in to the grandmother comment? Did anyone else hear anything like that?

Also, there is a list of possible players for the All Star show on the survivorfever.com web site.

Return to Top
#108963 - 11/28/03 01:24 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
Oh my gosh.... Jon is the biggest evil person, and now all of national tv viwers know it... can you imagine what the players were thinking when they saw this episode. man how does jon face his family now. god love lill, she's too nice for her own good... i wonder if they figure this out before the show ends... and as someone who has a degree in theater, he is the most HORRID actor i've ever seen... if my grandmother had past away, while i was on a deserted island, i would cry for awhile longer than the few pitiful seconds he gave the cameras...

Return to Top
#108964 - 11/28/03 01:31 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Jon is a skeeze. I *wish* someone would just punch him in the mouth. I can't wait for the reunion show to hear what Jeff & the others have to say to him.

Here's the early lead info for next week.....

Reward challenge - teams compete in the UberChallenge (conglomeration of a bunch of past challenges.) Jon, Darrah & Lill to win; reward is the luxury overnight visit (which means car must be next week?).
Immunity challenge - shooting old fashioned blunderbusses; Darrah possibly to win again.
Boot - looks like Christa.

Return to Top
#108965 - 11/28/03 02:00 PM Re: Survivor Spoilers
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Confirmed F2 - Darrah & Lill. Projection - Lill to win.

Return to Top
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12