Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1077000 - 11/05/08 06:57 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Tigg
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thank you all so much for your kind, caring comments. My vet and I decided to give another medication a week to see how she does. I may be just delaying the inevitable, but hope springs eternal. She seems to be doing well. I'll keep you posted, and God bless each and every one of you for taking the time to post words of strength and wisdom for me.

Return to Top
#1077066 - 11/05/08 07:49 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision BurntSienna
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I'm sure your love and affection for her are healing as well. Keep us updated on her progress.

Return to Top
#1077092 - 11/05/08 08:07 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Mrs. Rizzo
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Take this next week to spoil her rotten and cherish the time with her.

Are you going to have a follow-up with the vet?

Return to Top
#1077113 - 11/05/08 08:19 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Sing A Little
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Yes, pretty much daily follow up! My vet is a family member and one of my best friends. My furry daughter and I are very blessed in that regard. I will definitely keep everyone up to date, promise. Thanks again.

Return to Top
#1077538 - 11/06/08 01:01 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision BurntSienna
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Keep hanging in there, Cerulean.

Return to Top
#1079037 - 11/07/08 06:56 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Retired DQ
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Hope your kitty is comfortable Cerulean!

Return to Top
#1091585 - 12/04/08 07:29 AM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Tigg
hmdafun74 Offline
New Poster
hmdafun74
Alabama
I've been there too. God bless you and your companion. If you have to make the decision to let your cat go, it's for the best. He/she will be in peace.

Return to Top
#1092728 - 12/05/08 06:22 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision hmdafun74
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I appreciate everyone's kindness in this thread over the past month. I wanted to update you all. Tomorrow, I will be sending my cat over the rainbow bridge. Her medical issues have continued, her pancreatitis is worsening, her diabetes remains uncontrolled despite our best efforts at trying various insulins and dosages, testing her frequently, etc. She's been in pain, managed somewhat with pain medications. The last straw came a few days ago. She jumped down from her kitty condo and has been limping ever since. Yesterday, the vet concluded that my cat has torn her ACL (ligament) in her leg and needs surgery to correct it but in her present state she will most likely not survive the surgery. Without the surgery, she will never walk correctly and without pain again. So, I can take comfort in knowing that I *KNOW* I am making the right decision, and I will be there holding her tomorrow as she goes to sleep in my arms. Gosh, I'm going to miss her. frown

Return to Top
#1092858 - 12/05/08 08:13 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision BurntSienna
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Prayers will be coming your way tomorrow.

Return to Top
#1092863 - 12/05/08 08:20 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision hmdagal
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I am so sorry to hear that Goldenrod. It is a brutal decision to make (we did last March) but as you said, it is the right thing to do. Hang in there.

Return to Top
#1092962 - 12/05/08 10:26 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision TB 12
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: Sox in 07
I am so sorry to hear that Goldenrod.

So am I. Take care.

Return to Top
#1092997 - 12/05/08 10:59 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Becka Marr
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Goldenrod, {{{hugs}}} for you tomorrow. It's such a hard decision to make and an emotionally difficult task - even when we know it is the right thing to do. I've had to do that more than once in the last few years.

Return to Top
#1093048 - 12/05/08 11:35 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision corkygirl
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Goldenrod, I am really, really sorry. Good luck with it all tomorrow frown

Return to Top
#1093063 - 12/05/08 11:57 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Dip
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
As tough as the decision is, you are doing the right thing and giving your kitty the most peaceful journey that you can.

Of course you are going to miss her, but you'll always have the pictures and memories of her.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you both tomorrow.

Return to Top
#1093093 - 12/06/08 04:14 AM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Sing A Little
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Goldenrod, you are doing the last best thing you can for your sweet little furry baby and though it's hard, she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge when your time comes. I've been there and now how much your heart is breaking. You are in my heart during this difficult time.

Return to Top
#1093317 - 12/08/08 04:30 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision MichelleDawn
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm so sorry to read this, but I've been there myself <February>. It's a difficult decision to make, but you are kind enough to have your cat's best interest at heart.

Return to Top
#1100329 - 12/19/08 04:49 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Skittles
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thank you all so very much for your kindness. I'm coming to a sort of peace with my decision. The other day, I got her pawprint (in a resin cast thingy) back from the vet's office. I thought that was a beautiful idea to take her pawprint, so I'll have it forever. The vet's office also sent me flowers the day after the euthanasia. Her ashes have been ready to be picked up for a while now, but I couldn't yet go do that; I'm ready now, and I'll be picking her up tomorrow. I miss her, but I know I made the right decision. Your kind words and prayers helped me more than you can know. Thank you, my BOL-Buddies! smile

Return to Top
#1100394 - 12/19/08 05:30 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision BurntSienna
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Hang in there Cerulean, it is always tough when you love your pet. Peace.

Return to Top
#1100429 - 12/19/08 05:54 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Retired DQ
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
You are still in my heart during this difficult time.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett