Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#109388 - 08/26/03 09:50 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

On another vein, what do you eat when camping??

Fresh caught New Mexico rainbow trout in a foil packet with salt, pepper and a little bit of butter. In another foil packet, cubed up potatoes, corn and green chile with a little bit of seasoning and butter. Bury the packets in the camp fire coals for a while (or bake them in your camper oven if you can't have a fire). MMMMMMMMM! Making myself hungry!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#109389 - 08/28/03 04:30 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
How about fresh walleye, on the half shell, with lemon pepper and dill. Potatoes with a little olive oil and Lawry's seasoning and ice cold Coors Light.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#109390 - 08/28/03 11:03 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
Terah2 Offline
100 Club
Terah2
I'm getting hungry.

Return to Top
#109391 - 08/29/03 02:11 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
reinkesd Offline
100 Club
reinkesd
Connecticut
We have a 27ft 5th wheel and although we have been accused of not really camping because we're not roughing it in a tent it's nice to get away from phones, tv, work, fire dept., etc.

Pull in, set-up, build fire, crack beer, eat shrimp....

We do alot of camping in the Maine, New Hampshire area, preferably near coast, but sometimes venture to Vermont or New York.

Some of our eating favorites are lemon pepper steak, shrimp, grill fries, beer, kebobs, shrimp, lobster, beer, corn on the cob on the grill and oh, don't forget, beer.

Return to Top
#109392 - 08/29/03 02:23 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
reinkesd, now that's my kind of camping! Especially the beer part.

Although I do have some fond memories of camping from when I was younger with my mom, dad and brother.

Return to Top
#109393 - 08/29/03 03:42 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
We are campers! We pull a "High-Low"........never call it a pop-up to a High-Low owner. They are much nicer and much more expensive. My husband could LIVE 365 days a year camping but I had to learn to like it. Now I look forward to sitting in the woods with a good book!
Our favorite place to go is just outside the Great Smoky Mountains in a place called Townsend Tennessee.
We also belong to a club called the Dixie High-Lows. It's part of a nationwide High-Low organization.

Return to Top
#109394 - 08/29/03 04:37 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
banker mama,

What is a "High-Low"? I've never heard of one.

Return to Top
#109395 - 08/29/03 05:16 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Quote:

banker mama,

What is a "High-Low"? I've never heard of one.

A "high-low" is a travel trailer (pulls behind a pickup. hitched to the ball) the is cranked down ("low") while in transport. When you arrive at the campsite, you crank it up ("high"). The benefit is that it is much easier to pull. The downside is that you don't have the full use of the space all of the time - like for storage.

Return to Top
#109396 - 08/29/03 05:37 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Wow I guess I used to own a high low, until the crank broke, then we just had a low.

I'm heading off camping on Yukon island on the 10th Do a search of Yukon Island Alaska and you'll see where I'm going to be wandering! I can't wait.

(Now we just have to convince the pilot that an extra case of wine is a necessary item for 10 campers...)

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#109397 - 08/29/03 06:16 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
reinkesd Offline
100 Club
reinkesd
Connecticut
One of these days my husband and I want to travel accross Canada and into Alaska for a camping trip. I'll have to check with you before we go Dawnie so that you can point us in the right direction!

Return to Top
#109398 - 08/29/03 09:14 PM Re: Any BOL Campers?
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
No crank with a Hi-Low (I think I spelled it wrong earlier!). It's all hydraulic. All you have to do is push a button (or pull a cord). You still have storage as long as you put everything below a certain level. Pulling one of these doesn't have much negative effect on your gas mileage either. They are nice campers. Much nicer than a pop-up but much more expensive.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2