Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#109510 - 08/25/03 03:08 PM Help Us Troubleshoot
Anonymous
Unregistered

We need your help!

Several of us on the BOL staff did not receive our Compliance Briefing this morning. One staff member didn't receive it Thursday or Friday, either. We're trying to determine whether the problem is with our ISPs, or if it is bigger than that. Although our mail server has had heavy traffic (partly due to one of the email worms spoofing our return address and emails being routed back to us as a result), there does not appear to be a problem with our email server.

If you are subscribed to the daily BOL Compliance Briefing and did NOT receive it, can you either PM me, or post a message indicating which day(s) you did not receive it.

As always, if you miss a day, you can retrieve it by going to a URL that includes our domain name, followed by the initials cb, then an underscore, then the date.

Today's CB, for example, can be linked to here:

http://www.bankersonline.com/cb_082503.html

Return to Top
General Discussion
#109511 - 08/25/03 03:14 PM Re: Help Us Troubleshoot
SJB Offline
Diamond Poster
SJB
California
MB - I got my briefings but notice this morning that threads are loading very slowly.

Return to Top
#109512 - 08/25/03 04:42 PM Re: Help Us Troubleshoot
mmason Offline
Gold Star
New England
I received mine today. I missed some a while back, it was right when you were changing the weekly briefing from Monday to Tuesday. That week I didn't get the weekly briefing at all and I missed one daily briefing. Since then I haven't had any problems though.

Return to Top
#109513 - 08/25/03 04:50 PM Re: Help Us Troubleshoot
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
MB, I got my BOL OFAC update from Saturday, but I have not received a compliance update since last Wednesday's.

In talking to my network coleagues, they tell me that our Internet e-mail server is clogged with thousands of e-mails generated by the "Sobig" virus. Apparently, it takes a significant amount of time to review the messages, strip the virus code, and then forward the rest of the message to the recipient.

I am hoping that the e-mails are not bouncing back, causing my service connections to be canceled. I was happy to see my OFAC update this morning, even though I already knew about the license changes.

UPDATE: Our network folks found a way to get the e-mail server to scream through the virus messages. As a result, I received my compliance update for 8/25 about 1:17 PM EST today.

Still have not received last Thursday's or Friday's updates, though.
Last edited by pbrinker; 08/25/03 06:36 PM.

Return to Top
#109514 - 08/25/03 05:28 PM Re: Help Us Troubleshoot
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Mine comes to my personal e-mail and I use a web gateway to check that sometimes instead of bringing it into my office PC, but it looks like it was received this morning.

As the SoBig virus uses excessive bandwidth, I would not be surprised to see Internet delays. I get at least 50 of those messages daily, plus the responses that I transmitted a virus or it was not deliverable. (But they're NO from me, just to be clear.) There are sites that monitor this but I haven't followed them to see the impact, but there has to be one.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top