Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1094426 - 12/09/08 08:25 PM Funny Story
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My husband spends about a week each year making very lovely decorated sugar cookies. He has done this for about 35 years.

Saturday night he mixed the dough and let it refrigerate overnight. On Sunday he rolled it out and make bunches of Christmas style cookies. He put a table up in one of the spare bedrooms for the cookies to sit and planned on icing them during the week. This is a several day process because he colors the icing and spreads it on and then pipes on the extra decorations.

Now, my husband is very intelligent, but sometimes doesn't think things through. He put the cookies out on Sunday evening. When he got home from work on Monday our very tall greyhound had eaten about 1/4 of them. My husband was furious. Finally, when I talked to him later in the evening I asked him if he had shut the door. He stated he hadn't. I just think it was hysterical - and the fact that he didn't even think that Attitude would be a problem struck me as even funnier. Needless to say, he baked another batch last night AND shut the bedroom door.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1094429 - 12/09/08 08:28 PM Re: Funny Story Skittles
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
I knew what you were going to say!!! We had a Springer Spaniel that would eat cakes I baked if I didn't take care in where I put them. I don't know how many times I had to start the entire process all over! cry It's funny now, but it wasn't at the time. laugh

Has your husband laughed about it yet, or is it still too new?
Last edited by Bagweaver; 12/09/08 08:29 PM.

Return to Top
#1094456 - 12/09/08 08:42 PM Re: Funny Story Bagweaver
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
once would be bad, but two times and that dog would be outside!

how is Attitude doing? That much sugar can't be good for the canine digestive system..... eek

Return to Top
#1094466 - 12/09/08 08:46 PM Re: Funny Story Pale Rider
Mint Julep Offline
Diamond Poster
Mint Julep
Tennessee
Has it occurred to you yet that the dog may have licked the cookies he didn't eat?

Return to Top
#1094470 - 12/09/08 08:48 PM Re: Funny Story Mint Julep
A_G Online
10K Club
eek

Return to Top
#1094479 - 12/09/08 08:53 PM Re: Funny Story A_G
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
can he reach his butt?

Return to Top
#1094481 - 12/09/08 08:53 PM Re: Funny Story A_G
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Yes, it did. I personally don't eat them, but I think that my husband is going to discard the current cookies.

Attitude seems to be doing fine. We have a dog door so he can go outside when he pleases and didn't leave any unwanted messes in the house - with the exception of scattered cookie crumbs.

Return to Top
#1094885 - 12/10/08 04:00 PM Re: Funny Story Skittles
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
lol, we had a similar situation on Saturday during our film shoot. The director and her partners have three dogs, and while we were upstairs, they got into the kitchen and ate a package of sausages that had been left on the counter. eek laugh

Return to Top
#1094916 - 12/10/08 04:19 PM Re: Funny Story Becka Marr
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
My pets work like a team. If ANYTHING edible is left out on the counter, my cat jumps up to investigate, then brings it down to the floor, where Puka bullies him and eats most of whatever it is. Has happened to Hershey Kisses, marshmallows, a big baguette, bag of pet food, wonton soup, cup o noodle soup, Swiss Rolls, butter, and plenty more! I've learned my lesson long ago, but the bf is still in training on this issue grin

Return to Top
#1094933 - 12/10/08 04:31 PM Re: Funny Story Dip
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
That is hilarious dip. We had a doxie and cat combo that did the same thing. We left some steak to thaw in the sink and we came back to find it missing and the dog running under the bed with 'something'. The next time it was a pizza that was sitting in a box on top of the stove. We left for a movie and came back to a weiner dog football. Poor thing, we thought his kidneys had failed. After an expensive vet visit he was getting an over the counter constipation drug so he could get 'rid' of all of the pizza he ate. smile

Return to Top
#1094938 - 12/10/08 04:34 PM Re: Funny Story Countess Kiwi
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Quote:
weiner dog football

what a visual! laugh

Return to Top
#1094986 - 12/10/08 05:10 PM Re: Funny Story Countess Kiwi
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: Countess Kiwi
came back to a weiner dog football

Ha! Yeah, Puka gets huge depending on what and how much she ate. When the cat delivered the cup o noodles, she bloated up soooo big from all the sodium in it laugh

Return to Top
#1095070 - 12/10/08 06:36 PM Re: Funny Story Dip
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
You all are a riot. My husband and I have joked over the past 2 years - since we got our greyhound - of writing children's books starring 'Attitude - the Goofy, Goofy Greyhound'. Now we have one entitled 'The Great Christmas Cookie Caper' and we're going to have our basenji, Mandalaye, posted as the lookout. Sounds hysterical!

Return to Top
#1095100 - 12/10/08 06:58 PM Re: Funny Story Skittles
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Skittles, I think that's the basis for a lot of kids books these days...people's own pets.

Return to Top
#1095107 - 12/10/08 07:05 PM Re: Funny Story Dip
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Skittles - not very cool blaming this on the dog...just tell him you were doing "quality testing" and leave it at that...

Return to Top
#1095179 - 12/10/08 07:55 PM Re: Funny Story HappyGilmore
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Santa - I live 400 miles from the scene of the crime right now. It couldn't possibly have been me.

Return to Top
#1095194 - 12/10/08 08:05 PM Re: Funny Story Skittles
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles
Santa - I live 400 miles from the scene of the crime right now. It couldn't possibly have been me.

i bet you blame the dog when you pass gas too!!! blush

Return to Top
#1095231 - 12/10/08 08:39 PM Re: Funny Story HappyGilmore
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
You are just too funny today.

Return to Top
#1095261 - 12/10/08 09:00 PM Re: Funny Story Skittles
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
it's not me, my dog is typing my repsonses...

but seriously, when he rebakes the cookies, can you send me a dozen? homemade sugar cookies rock!

Return to Top
#1095397 - 12/10/08 10:55 PM Re: Funny Story HappyGilmore
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
One year I had hung three or four small metal baskets on the Christmas tree and filled each with about a half dozen Kisses. My son's weiner dog kept going in the living room where the Christmas tree was and then coming back into the den where we were all congregated.

After my son and the dog left, I went into the living room to straighten things back up. Under the tree was a neat little pile of silver Kisses foil and an empty metal basket hanging on the tree about a foot above the pile. Sparky had gone in there and carefully unwrapped each Kiss, come into the den so we wouldn't get suspicious, and then gone back into the living room for another treat. It didn't make him sick or seem to affect him in any way.

Every time I see a Hershey's Kiss, I think of Sparky, bless his little heart.

Return to Top
#1095536 - 12/11/08 02:11 PM Re: Funny Story Bagweaver
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Several years ago I had a St. Bernard/Shepherd mix (can we say BIG!). I had rolled out dumplings on the kitchen table, turned my back for MAYBE 5 seconds and in that amount of time he had literally SLURPED down the entire batch. The only evidence that I was not hallucinating was the flour on his whiskers...no lie!

then there was the time my Blue Dog, when she was a pup, ate an entire loaf of bread...I'll say no more about that.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1095537 - 12/11/08 02:13 PM Re: Funny Story RR Joker
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Our same Springer ate my pimento cheese sandwich I'd left on the counter to pick up on my way to work. It was wrapped in aluminum foil. No trace of sandwich or foil was ever found! sick

Return to Top
#1095540 - 12/11/08 02:20 PM Re: Funny Story Bagweaver
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Loki, the younger Heeler-mix, is apparently part goat. She has eaten multiple pieces of furniture, a glass rain guage, firewood, a lawn chair, the canvas thingy to carry firewood in, and once - in a fit of temper at me - snatched a Patsy Cline CD off the rack and ate it, jewel case and all. I'm not kidding. The action sequence was: 1. glare at me, 2. proceed to CD rack, 3. pluck CD from shelf, 4. crunch, 5. crunch, 6. gulp.

I freaked out, just sure that it was going to perforate her stomach or something...but she was fine. :rollseyes:

Return to Top
#1095551 - 12/11/08 02:35 PM Re: Funny Story RR Becca
Banana Offline
Banana
Texas
Our husky/wolf mix has a tendency to eat tennis balls - cover, rubber, all of it. Needless to say we've had to move on to other toys for him to play with...

Return to Top
#1095591 - 12/11/08 03:28 PM Re: Funny Story Banana
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
About 9 years ago when my daughter was in pre-school, she made a Christmas ornament shaped like a wreath with her picture on it. It was surrounded by Fruit Loops glued around the outside of the picture. For the past 8 years this ornament has hung on our tree without incident. On Saturday night we came home from shopping to find the ornament laying on the floor with all of the Fruit Loops chewed off. Our cocker spaniel had removed the ornament and helped herself to the 9 year old cereal. The weird thing is that the ornament has been on the tree for the past 4 years we have had the dog and she never touched it.

We were going to punish her, but I think eating cereal that is almost a decade old is punishment enough!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2