Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
Thread Options
#1002728 - 07/23/08 04:24 PM Missing Florida tot...
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,389246,00.html

Has anyone else been following this story? what does the mother know that she can't "blurt out" to the police? the kid has been missing for more than a month and the mother only reported her missing about a week or so ago?

The story:

The lawyer for Casey Anthony, mother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, disclosed late Tuesday that the family had received a credible tip that a small child matching Caylee's description was seen boarding a flight to Atlanta at Orlando International Airport.

The tip was even more credible because the person reported that the little girl pronounced her last name the same way Caylee's grandparents say she does, attorney Jose Baez told FOX News.

The child's grandmother Cindy Anthony confirmed that the lead surfaced late Tuesday. She said the tip was from a woman who lives in Orlando and was left on her voicemail. Cindy Anthony said she called the woman back and they talked.

The caller claimed to have seen Caylee board the flight with an older woman. When she talked to the woman and child, the youngster apparently said her name was Caylee "Antony," pronouncing it without the "h" the way Cindy Anthony says her granddaughter does. When asked her age, the little girl said she was 3; Caylee is almost 3 years old.

Meanwhile, a judge set bond at half a million dollars for Casey Anthony Tuesday after detectives testified that she is a "person of interest" in the little girl's disappearance.

Anthony, 22, has been jailed since last week and was hoping to win release at a bond hearing in Orange County, Fla. The whopping $500,000 she needs to post will make it difficult for Anthony to get her wish.

Prosecutors said the case is beginning to look like a homicide.

Anthony's attorney said there is circumstantial evidence of a possible killing, but not enough to give prosecutors the confidence to charge her with homicide, kidnapping or any similar offense.

Detectives revealed that Anthony had become more of a focus of their investigation into her daughter Caylee's disappearance after they found evidence of human decomposition in the trunk of a car she drove.

Detective Yuri Melich testified that strands of hair similar to those of Caylee Marie Anthony as well as dirt were found in the trunk of a car used by her mother.

The odor of "decomposition" was also detected in the vehicle, he told the judge presiding over Casey Anthony's bond hearing Tuesday afternoon.

"The smell I smelled was that of decomposition," Melich said.

When asked whether he considered the child's mother a suspect in her disappearance, Melich said he'd classify her as a "person of interest."

Melich also said a witness he interviewed remembered seeing bruises on Caylee's body and a mark under her eye without knowing that Melich had a photo showing similar marks on the toddler, who has been missing more than a month.

On cross examination, Melich admitted he didn't have any direct evidence that Casey Anthony played a part in her little girl's disappearance.

Investigators used cadaver dogs to search the child's grandparents' yard last week after a neighbor told them Anthony had asked to borrow a shovel around the time her daughter Caylee was last seen.

They have previously said that almost nothing Anthony has told them about her child's disappearance has checked out to be true. They haven't even been able to get information about the child's father, who Anthony has said is dead, Melich testified.

Also at Tuesday's hearing — held to argue over whether or not to release Casey from jail — the child's grandmother said her daughter is a good mom and hasn't committed a crime but has been dishonest before and has had trouble keeping jobs.

"Casey's lied to me in the past and when she's lied she's always told me the truth," Cindy Anthony said. "We've gotten to the bottom of the truth when I talk to her and spend time with her."

She told attorneys that her daughter is her "best friend outside my husband" and she had no reason to believe anything had happened to her granddaughter until last week because she'd "spoken to Casey on a daily basis."

"Without a doubt, she is a great mom," Cindy Anthony testified. "You can see it in her eyes. You can see it when they're together. There's nothing but love."

She said her daughter should be released from jail "because she hasn't committed a crime" and because she needs to help find Caylee.

Cindy Anthony speculated on the stand that someone was threatening her daughter and that's why she hasn't told the whole story about where Caylee is.

Earlier Tuesday, Cindy Anthony said Casey left the child in the care of someone she trusted, but that person betrayed her.

In an interview on FOX News Tuesday morning, she implied that her granddaughter might have been kidnapped.

Casey Anthony has been in prison since last week, when she finally reported her toddler daughter missing on Wednesday at her parents' urging.

Caylee was last seen June 9, according to Anthony — who investigators say has spun a Web of lies in their interviews with her. She was arrested on charges of child endangerment, making false officials statements and obstructing a criminal investigation.

Her attorney denies that his client has been lying to police and says she's been cooperating.

"My client at no time refused to speak with law enforcement," said lawyer Jose Baez at a Monday press conference. “We are focused on trying to find Caylee. We want to find Caylee.”

Anthony was denied bail at a hearing last week.

Cindy Anthony said her daughter "has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story."

"Casey has been trying to tell the police in her own way what she can tell them and the only unfortunate thing is, you know, they want a clear picture," Cindy Anthony told FOX News on Monday. "There's no clear picture. Casey has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story, so she's been honest with them for what she can be honest with."

Volunteers in the Orlando, Fla., were continuing to canvass neighborhoods this week, distributing about 50,000 fliers, according to MyFOX Orlando.

A local foundation and business owner were offering a new reward of a combined $125,000 for any information about Caylee's disappearance or whereabouts, MyFOX Orlando reported. The reward will be in effect for at least the next three months.

Orange County sheriff's detectives say they have few new leads. Authorities are looking into the family's claims that Casey Anthony received a mysterious call from her daughter last Tuesday.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1002741 - 07/23/08 04:31 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... kitten
Lisa_Bates Offline
Power Poster
Lisa_Bates
Isn't this a weird story? There seems like a whole lot of information missing...

The baby has been missing for a month...but lived with mom and grandparents...yet no one was concerned until last week...

Mom is a person of interest but grandma is defending mom, who is a known habitual liar?

This is going to have a tragic ending I fear...

Return to Top
#1002745 - 07/23/08 04:33 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... Lisa_Bates
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
i think you are right, moo. i will be surprised if the kid is alive.

and you are right - there's way too many weird things going on.

Return to Top
#1002754 - 07/23/08 04:39 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... kitten
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
My heart goes out to this child wherever she may be.

Return to Top
#1002828 - 07/23/08 05:29 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... kms
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Her picture on the Internet is just too beautiful.

Return to Top
#1002834 - 07/23/08 05:30 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... kms
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I saw the grandmother and grandfather on TV yesterday. Grandma knows more than she is telling. The police need to have a talk with mom and grandma and find out what happened to this little girl.

Return to Top
#1002850 - 07/23/08 05:36 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... thomasj
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Breaks my heart when I hear stories like this. How can anyone hurt a child? They are so innocent! Makes no sense to me at all.

Obviously the baby's mother did or knows something, otherwise she would be doing anything she could to help find her baby and she sure as heck would not have waited a month to tell anyone the girl was missing.

Return to Top
#1002859 - 07/23/08 05:44 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... thomasj
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Media frenzy. Gotta love it.

First, it shouldn't take long to confirm or deny the flight lead. How many flights to Atlanta from Orlando where there last week with a 3 yr old on them?

Second, what utter BS that she's telling as much as she can. I'm betting granma knows the truth too, especially if she can say:
Quote:
"Casey has been trying to tell the police in her own way what she can tell them and the only unfortunate thing is, you know, they want a clear picture," Cindy Anthony told FOX News on Monday. "There's no clear picture. Casey has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story, so she's been honest with them for what she can be honest with."

Give me one good reason you can't just blurt out where the kid is. If she's been kidnapped and you weren't suppossed to tell, well we all know how most of those end up. What other reason could there possibly be for not telling anyone your baby has been missing for a MONTH!

Third, did you see this woman when she was being brought into court? Not a flicker or a whimper or a slouched shoulder. No emotion at all, let alone any of the ones you'd expect to see from a mother whose toddler daughter is missing.

The media will continue to gnaw at this one for a while longer and then it'll fade away. I'm betting we'll never hear what happened to this little girl.

Return to Top
#1002875 - 07/23/08 05:58 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... Truffle Royale
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
I get the inkling this "mother" is deep in debt, and the child may have been taken as insurance that the debt gets repaid. If she opens her mouth, bye bye baby.

Return to Top
#1002887 - 07/23/08 06:08 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... TheManofSteel
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Oh like loan shark stuff? Could be.

Return to Top
#1003042 - 07/23/08 07:35 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... cheekEE
CheshireAliCat Offline
100 Club
NJ
All I know is that seeing pictures of that little girl on the news while hearing this story just broke my heart. I fear for her.

Return to Top
#1003434 - 07/24/08 12:04 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... CheshireAliCat
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I've been following the story since it broke on Nancy Grace. Its sad to say the least. Glad the judge did not let Casey out on bond. The grandmother changes her story from time to time. She knows something and she is just like her daughter Casey and lying.
I thought Caylee was still alive until last night. I really believe she was buried in the backyard and Casey dug her up and put her body in her car and from there on she disposed of the corpse somewhere.

If you have been following the story from the beginning Casey has not told one truth. All her stories have been followed up on and found to be lies.
Hopefully the truth comes out and those responsible are held accountable.

Return to Top
#1004437 - 07/25/08 12:54 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... pjs
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
This gets more and more bizarre...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,391001,00.html

Return to Top
#1004449 - 07/25/08 12:58 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... Retired DQ
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
bizarre is the right word for it. i can't imagine what they are hiding.

Return to Top
#1004456 - 07/25/08 01:01 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... kitten
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,390054,00.html

The family of an Orlando toddler missing for more than a month won't answer questions about a tip that a new concrete slab was poured in the grandparents' backyard over July 4 weekend, shortly before they reported the child missing.

Return to Top
#1004485 - 07/25/08 01:12 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... Retired DQ
Lisa_Bates Offline
Power Poster
Lisa_Bates
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,391001,00.html

The grandmother of a 2-year-old Florida girl missing for more than a month told an emergency dispatcher last week that a car driven by the girl's mother smelled like there had been a dead body inside, according to recordings of 911 calls released Thursday.

Return to Top
#1004489 - 07/25/08 01:13 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... Lisa_Bates
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
thats creepy, how does one know what death smells like?

Return to Top
#1004500 - 07/25/08 01:19 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... Pale Rider
Lisa_Bates Offline
Power Poster
Lisa_Bates
Apparently, according to the whackadoodle grandma, it smells like old pizza or bits of garbage locked in a car for 19 days

Return to Top
#1004507 - 07/25/08 01:20 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... Pale Rider
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
it's an unique smell- one that you never forget about.

the mom and grandmother are liars liars liars. The moms' attorney is a crock of shi!.

The girl is dead. Now they just have to find her remains.

Return to Top
#1004509 - 07/25/08 01:21 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... pjs
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I agree with you pjs!

Return to Top
#1004510 - 07/25/08 01:21 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... pjs
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
i agree with you pjs. the kid is dead.

Return to Top
#1004524 - 07/25/08 01:26 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... kitten
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
by the way, the dogs DO NOT hit on anything but human remains. That is what they are trained on only.

First the grandmother on the 911 tape said her daughters car smelled like a dead body was in it.

Before she told the news people that it was a piece of pizza that had been in the car for so many days.

The 911 tape also revealed that the grandmother called the police on a stolen car and stolen money. Now the police can trace where the mother went on the spending spree and what she bought after her precious daughter was dead.

Return to Top
#1004525 - 07/25/08 01:27 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... kitten
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Did anyone see the interview with the grandmother (and the mom's attorney) on the Today show this morning? She did nothing but make herself look even more shady. A big ol' liar, in my opinion.

I thought it was interesting that in one of the 911 calls, the grandmother clearly said the babysitter took the little girl. Um, then wouldn't they be tracking down that babysitter? And, if you knew exactly who had abducted your child, would you wait 31 DAYS to say something to police about it????

Return to Top
#1004531 - 07/25/08 01:30 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... Hoosierland
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
There is no babysitter- never was- the mom said she had a nanny for her daughter- well - uhhh, the grandmother never saw a babysitter/nanny ever in the 2 years that the mom claims to have had one.
The mom told the grandmother that she was investigating on her own her missing child thats why she waited those number of days.

I'd say the grandmother and mother both know what happened- hopefully the truth comes out. There have been so many lies from the mouths of these two people that its more than frustrating.

Return to Top
#1004533 - 07/25/08 01:32 PM Re: Missing Florida tot... kitten
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
When they find this child's body I hope that they lock up the mother and the grandmother and throw away the key. I saw Grandma on TV this morning and she is as bad as her daughter.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16