"It was just a cookie!" laugh

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1097155 - 12/15/08 02:36 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Bagweaver
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
Apparently it was a $1 million cookie. Last night Randy made everything about who laughed at him for using the fake immunity idol and the cookie. I don't understand how someone with absolutely no social skills expected to win Survivor.

Return to Top
#1097241 - 12/15/08 03:59 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Dazed Auditor
Seadevil Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
I was not a Kenny fan, however, I will give him credit when Jeff asked him what was his biggest mistake and Kenny said getting to cocky. At least he realized it, to late, but he did own up to it.

Although, I thought Corrine's comments about Sugar were over the top, she did prove last night that this was her true personality

I always wondered about Randy during the show, I what happened in his life that made him so bitter. Based on some of his comments when Jeff asked him about his relationship with his dog, it was evident that someone (and I am assuming it was a woman) really hosed him over. He appears to have taken it beyond the extreme and pretty much cut off all social contact with humans. Randy just may need a little counseling so that he can get on with his life.

I was surprised that Bob did not win the final challenge. The way he did everything else throughout the show I figured it a lock for him to dominate this one. I will give some credit to Susie though, after she got to a certain height, she stopped, took a gamble instead of pushing on and it paid off. Glad she did not win though.

Not the best of the Survivor series but not the worst also.

Return to Top
#1097263 - 12/15/08 04:15 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Seadevil
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I,m glad Bob won. He has renewed my confidence that you don't have to be an evil snake (Todd, Parvatti, Amanda (almost))to win. From a pure game standpoint Sugar played the best game, except for the final TC where she took a dive, could have made it close.

Quote:
Although, I thought Corrine's comments about Sugar were over the top, she did prove last night that this was her true personality
An arrogant, elitist worthless snob who has contributed nothing to the world since pulling trains in the frathouse. mad

Return to Top
#1097266 - 12/15/08 04:16 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Seadevil
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Bob looked like he was really exhausted by that last day - maybe that's why he had so much trouble.

I'll bet his students hassel him about not being able to build a tower! wink

Return to Top
#1097267 - 12/15/08 04:17 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Blade Scrapper
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Also, that was the lamest jury I have ever seen. All whining over hurt feelings, and almost nothing about the game. Grow up, sheesh.

Return to Top
#1097273 - 12/15/08 04:22 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Blade Scrapper
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
You're right - for playing the game, Sugar should have won.

With contestants like Corinne, and especially Randy, I hope in the future the show is more careful of the people they choose. Under the extreme conditions these people live in, someone could go off the deep end if they are imbalanced.

Return to Top
#1097281 - 12/15/08 04:30 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Snow Bunny
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I am still mad sugar wrote down matty's name after telling him she never would. Oh well.

Return to Top
#1097298 - 12/15/08 04:49 PM Re: Survivor Gabon kms
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Sugar played the game, and she played it very well; and, unlike Kenny, she didn't get cocky about it.

For gamesmanship - she should have won.

Return to Top
#1097305 - 12/15/08 04:59 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Snow Bunny
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Pooh (The Bear)
You're right - for playing the game, Sugar should have won.

With contestants like Corinne, and especially Randy, I hope in the future the show is more careful of the people they choose. Under the extreme conditions these people live in, someone could go off the deep end if they are imbalanced.

Contestants like Randy and Corinne, unfortunately, make for good ratings.

By the way, I personally admire Sugar for writing Matty's name down and giving he and Bob a chance to win the million on a challenge rather than by a vote. She liked them both, and that way she did not have to make a choice of which of them to vote off.

Return to Top
#1097309 - 12/15/08 05:02 PM Re: Survivor Gabon B_F
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Well if thats the case then she should have told matty like she did bob, maybe then he would have gone out to practice also.

Return to Top
#1097335 - 12/15/08 05:22 PM Re: Survivor Gabon kms
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Sorry Kori - I don't think that Matty is that bright.

Return to Top
#1097354 - 12/15/08 05:38 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Snow Bunny
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Thursday was great when Sugar told Matty. "Let me do the thinking."

Return to Top
#1097389 - 12/15/08 06:10 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Blade Scrapper
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
I liked that too. It gave me the impression that she would lead him wherever she wanted him to go.

From the comments last night, the other contestants expressed that the edited version did not show a lot of what actually went on, and therefore came into play when voting occurred.

Seems like Suzie was a Chatty Cathy all the time, and Sugar was an overly emotional much of the time.

Return to Top
#1097405 - 12/15/08 06:37 PM Re: Survivor Gabon kms
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
As long as they had been out there, they shouldn't have to practice to light a fire. As Jeff said to future survivors, learn to build a fire before they dump you on an island or out in the jungle.

Return to Top
#1097463 - 12/15/08 07:30 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Dazed Auditor
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Wouldn't you think any fan of the show would know that? But, since so many of the current Survivors were model/actors, they most likely weren't that familiar with the show.

I think if I applied to be on either Survivor or the Amazing Race, I would get myself in the best condition I could before hand, and learn some good survival skills.

Return to Top
#1097484 - 12/15/08 07:54 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Snow Bunny
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
The name of the show - Survivor - just kind of tells you that you might want to get a little information on what the show is about. It's not going to be a Housewives show.

Return to Top
#1097520 - 12/15/08 08:27 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Bagweaver
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I know that survival skills have very little to do with the game, but I always cheer for someone who really does know how to survive in those situations. Bob is one of the very few winners who has actually had the skills to survive. I also can not believe that he could not put together a house of cards! He was either physically/mentally drained or he was just overthinking it.

Return to Top
#1097535 - 12/15/08 09:00 PM Re: Survivor Gabon thomasj
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
I think he was drained, Thomas. You could see it in the last several challenges (even though he won them).

Return to Top
#1097557 - 12/15/08 09:21 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Snow Bunny
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
If I were going on the show I would know how to use flint to make a fire. I would also bring some sensible swimwear. I would try to be in good physical condition but I would also build up my body fat so that my body could have some energy when my diet consisted of rice and grubs.

Return to Top
#1097685 - 12/16/08 01:04 AM Re: Survivor Gabon Dazed Auditor
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
If told in advance the area where filming was to take place, I'd try to learn the edible plants just in case the rice ran out. I don't know that I could do the grubs, but then again, desparate times call for desparate measures. sick

Return to Top
#1097688 - 12/16/08 01:16 AM Re: Survivor Gabon Bagweaver
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Most of the places have been near some sort of fishing area, so honing up on fishing skills would be preferable to eating grubs for me

Return to Top
#1097705 - 12/16/08 02:33 AM Re: Survivor Gabon kms
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: MsClaws
Most of the places have been near some sort of fishing area, so honing up on fishing skills would be preferable to eating grubs for me

And buy a belt that you can somehow turn into fishing line and wear glasses that you can somehow tear apart and turn into a fishing hook! smile

Return to Top
#1097706 - 12/16/08 03:03 AM Re: Survivor Gabon B_F
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
From what I have read in the past, they spend time with someone familiar with the area they are going to be sequestered in to get them familiar with what they can/can't eat, etc. I seem to recall that in the past they have had a brief introduction to fire starting also.

Return to Top
#1097742 - 12/16/08 01:53 PM Re: Survivor Gabon Snow Bunny
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA

Return to Top
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10