Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1096716 - 12/12/08 09:02 PM Help - Lost Statements
Anonymous
Unregistered

It appears that close to 100 statements were lost between our remote processor and the post office.

The processor claims that the statements were delivered to the PO, however customers are calling-up saying they have not reveived them (mostly commercial accounts). They are following up with the PO.

Has anyone encountered this type of issue before? What are the notification requirements?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1097019 - 12/13/08 06:49 PM Re: Help - Lost Statements Anonymous
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I would send them a notice of possibly identity theft. If you PM me your email address, I can send you the letter we send out in cases of data compromise.

#1098016 - 12/16/08 05:52 PM Re: Help - Lost Statements Retired DQ
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
If possible, flag these accounts on your system ASAP and ensure your employees know to exercise extreme caution when dealing with these customers over the phone to protect these accounts.

#1099190 - 12/17/08 11:57 PM Re: Help - Lost Statements BrendaC
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Does your bank have an Incident Response Policy with precise guidelines outlining notification to customers of potential security breaches? GLBA requires specific information to be provided to your customers, including certain phone numbers and web sites for information on identity theft (see GLBA or your policy for details). I would err on the side of caution and assume the worst - notify your customers immediately, flag the accounts and retrain EVERY employee on safeguarding the accounts as best you can. You may also want to study the costs of providing these 100 accounts some type of monitoring for a year or so.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale