BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1074098 - 10/30/08 10:24 PM prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I would deeply appreciate prayers/positive thoughts from my BOL buddies. Unless some type of significant improvement in her health occurs in the next 48 hours, I believe I will be making the very difficult decision to put my cat to sleep this weekend. She's been my buddy and part of my life for over 15 years now, and I simply love her and can't imagine her not being around. I'm shocked by the difficulty I'm having making this decision. I'm usually a very practical person, and I know what I need to do; I simply need some prayers for strength and courage in accomplishing it. Thank you all so much. God bless you all.

Return to Top
#1074106 - 10/30/08 10:39 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision BurntSienna
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Wishing you lots of strength, Cerulean. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you. ::hugs::

Return to Top
#1074107 - 10/30/08 10:40 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision BurntSienna
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
You have the strength & courage Cerulean. I know you will find it in your heart to do the right thing, and your cat will love you eternally for it.

Return to Top
#1074108 - 10/30/08 10:41 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision BurntSienna
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Originally Posted By: Cerulean
I'm shocked by the difficulty I'm having making this decision.

I'm not - you love her and she's a part of your family. Trust that you'll make the right decision for her and that your fellow pet lovers are here for you.

Return to Top
#1074110 - 10/30/08 10:49 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Cowboys Fan
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Cerulean, this must be devastiating. Be strong and do the right thing for your kitty. I know it's hard...here's hoping your find peace.

Return to Top
#1074125 - 10/30/08 11:53 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Dip
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
It's never easy to lose a furry baby. I just lost one this morning and I can understand how bad it feels. Just know that taking away the pain is the last beautiful gift you can give to the companion you have loved for so long. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Return to Top
#1074146 - 10/31/08 03:19 AM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision BurntSienna
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
{{{HUGS}}} I know how hard this is for you, what a wonderful gift your furry friend has been to you for these past 15 years. Remember that.

Return to Top
#1074167 - 10/31/08 11:29 AM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision corkygirl
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Cerulean, I am a very practical person also, but my husband and I had to make this decision last year for our 15 year old collie and in February for our very ill cat. It was very difficult (devestating actually) to do, but we knew it was best for both of them. We were there in the end holding them as they crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Hang in there, make the right choice for the cat (which I know you will do), and know you are doing what is right <hugs>.

Return to Top
#1074174 - 10/31/08 12:27 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Skittles
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oh cerulean, I am so sorry for you. My ex is in the same position with our cat (he got the cats, I got the kid)... They found cancer in him on Wed night, and they don't think they can do anything.

Be strong, make sure your baby is not in pain, and you will make the right decision.

You are in my thoughts.

Return to Top
#1074176 - 10/31/08 12:31 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Retired DQ
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
i'm sending good thoughts your way, cerulean. it's a horrible thing you have to do, but it sounds like the right thing. ::hugs::

Return to Top
#1074187 - 10/31/08 12:51 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision kitten
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
My heart goes out to you. I have been there too many times in the past two years. It's never an easy decision. Prayers for peace in your heart Cerulean.

Return to Top
#1074194 - 10/31/08 01:00 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision TINKerBell
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
My thoughts and prayers to you cerulean. Having had to put down one of our 13 yr old cats in March, I understand what you are going through.

Return to Top
#1074302 - 10/31/08 02:13 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision TB 12
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
My heart is heavy for you Cerulean! Many hugs and prayers are headed your way!!!! Hang in there my friend!

Return to Top
#1074378 - 10/31/08 03:20 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision KTMiteComply
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
When you come to this point, it isn't easy. You've cared for them and loved them and they've loved you back without condition. Each time we've had to do this, I've cradled them in my arms during the procedure, with the staff holding me. Never easy, but it was the right choice.

Return to Top
#1074447 - 10/31/08 03:59 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision GenerousLife
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
Strange though it may seem, I look for them to give me the signal that it's time to release them from their pain. With one cat suffering from severe heart problems, he could no longer lift his head, though he purred when I pet him and scratched his cheeks and chin. Two others adamantly refused medication they previously accepted. (I'm tearing up all over again as I write this.)
Ooh, it hurts, but it can be the right thing. Hugs and prayers to you and yours.

Return to Top
#1074451 - 10/31/08 04:02 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision GenerousLife
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Thoughts and {{{hugs}}} Cerulean. It's a hard thing to do. You take care!

Return to Top
#1074457 - 10/31/08 04:05 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Snow Bunny
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Prayers to all of you, Cerulean. I, too, have been there, and it's never easy.

Return to Top
#1074460 - 10/31/08 04:07 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Snow Bunny
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
Prayers and hugs from me and all my furry babies, too. It is not an easy thing to do. Your head understands it is time but that darn heart doesn't always catch up. Wishing you strength.

Return to Top
#1074655 - 10/31/08 06:21 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision MichelleDawn
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Originally Posted By: MichelleDawn
I just lost one this morning and I can understand how bad it feels.

Sorry to hear of your loss, MD.

Return to Top
#1074725 - 10/31/08 07:31 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Mrs. Rizzo
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
me too MD....so very sorry for your loss as well! Our pets are part of our family...our hearts...it is so difficult when they are no longer with us! Be thinking about you....

Return to Top
#1074843 - 10/31/08 08:40 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision KTMiteComply
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Thank you. She died in my arms and it was heartbreaking for me. She had been one of my foster kittens and when she got sick the shelter called me to come and take her back. I was going to take her to the vet, but she didn't make it that long.

Return to Top
#1075677 - 11/03/08 10:28 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision MichelleDawn
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I've had to make this decision before and I've also had a pet die in my arms. As tough as the decision is to make, when your pet (friend, companion, family member...they are so much more then pets to us) is suffering they need you to help them be at peace.

My thoughts and prayers and with you.

Return to Top
#1075709 - 11/03/08 11:32 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Sing A Little
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I wanna go home and hold my babies now.

Return to Top
#1075874 - 11/04/08 03:18 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision Mrs. Rizzo
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Cerulean, I know exactly what you are going thru. I have lost three cats, two as babes to feline lukemia and one, my best friend, to diabetes. Each time I wanted to hold on and hope for a miracle. All I did was make them suffer longer than they needed to. It was so difficult but I was glad I was with them when they went.

I now have 5 cats, all strays that adopted me and I know there will come a day that I will have to face this again. Meanwhile I am taking advantage to all the loving they give.

Hang in there and know it will get better.

Return to Top
#1076314 - 11/04/08 09:17 PM Re: prayers, please - gravely ill cat/the big decision CRAatBOK
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Cerulean, I have been there too. {{hugs}} and sending strength your way. I know it's hard.

My opinion only.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett