Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1103886 - 12/30/08 07:54 PM New Employee
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Our Board of Directors would like me to implement a new employee training program for compliance. Has anyone implemented a new employee training program that you could give me some advice. Currently, our HR Officer assigns the new employees some online courses. The BOD actually wants me to sit with each new employee and go over important Regs etc. I think this type of program would be for new tellers and people new to banking. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1103933 - 12/30/08 08:26 PM Re: New Employee ahkcompliance
critter586 Offline
New Poster
Minnesota
Depending on their role in the bank, and their previous experience - you can assign a variety of the "generic" online courses. Then complement this, with a review of the bank's specific procedures related to each Reg. For example, I developed powerpoints for each major compliance-related policy that outlines a summary of the reg - and how the bank implemented the policy (procedures).

Return to Top
#1103934 - 12/30/08 08:31 PM Re: New Employee critter586
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Do you have an actual program written or just power points?

Return to Top
#1104031 - 12/30/08 10:20 PM Re: New Employee ahkcompliance
Blue4Golf Offline
Before we turn an employee over to their department on the first day we give them BSA training applicable to their job duties, some general information security training, and robbery procedures training. We didn't feel that anyone should be working at the bank without some face-to-face training on these areas to make sure they understand.

After that they take some extra online courses when time permits and their supervisor is responsible for training them to be in compliance with applicable regs for their area.

Return to Top
#1104060 - 12/30/08 10:57 PM Re: New Employee Blue4Golf
critter586 Offline
New Poster
Minnesota
We are a pretty small bank. I just use a spreadsheet to track the employee's training courses - and then I have specific power points to address bank policies/procedures.

Return to Top