Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#1113224 - 01/19/09 03:52 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peepers
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
I just got a dehydrator a couple of weeks ago and have been experimenting! Shall I send some of the next batch? smile

My opinion only.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1113239 - 01/19/09 04:51 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tigg
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
My husband did his jerky in our oven. It is always great. We get seasoning from Cabellas. But he got a dehydrator for Christmas so he will probably use that next year (if he actually shoots a deer two years in a row).

By the way the temperature is in the mid-teens and no snow although some is forecast.

Return to Top
#1113241 - 01/19/09 04:54 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tigg
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Tigg
I just got a dehydrator a couple of weeks ago and have been experimenting! Shall I send some of the next batch? smile

wait until you're done experimenting and have the process perfected wink

thanks for sharing!

Return to Top
#1113345 - 01/20/09 12:09 AM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peepers
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Currently around 25 and snowing, yaaay. Had the whole freakin long weekend to snow, and it decides to show its face just in time to make it a sucky drive to work in the morning. I hate having to enjoy snow from the window of the office.

Return to Top
#1113368 - 01/20/09 12:51 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ops
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Can't you send that down to us? We didn't get any flurries at all much less real snow! Its supposed to be in the mid-low forties all day today.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1113393 - 01/20/09 01:59 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waldensouth
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
We got another 6 inches Saturday, making our on-the-ground total at about 2 ft. Temps. in the teens, but should hit 30 by Friday...heck, that's bikini weather here!

Return to Top
#1113398 - 01/20/09 02:13 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TINKerBell
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Snowing again today and its supposed to be really cold again tonight. My husband has run out of room to push the snow out of the driveway.

Return to Top
#1113923 - 01/21/09 02:15 AM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready to Retire
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
apparently a joke that's made the rounds several times, but an appropriate time to re-submit:

DIARY OF A MAD SNOWSHOVELER

December 8, 6:00 PM It started to snow.
The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9
We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can
there be a more lovely place in the whole world? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had! Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks.
This afternoon the snowplow came along, covered up the sidewalks, and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life!

December 12
The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment! My neighbor tells me not to worry ~ we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. I don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14
Snow, lovely snow! 8 inches last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish I wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15
20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and two extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16
Ice storm this morning. Fell on my a$$ on the ice in the driveway putting down salt . Hurt like he11. The wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very cruel.

December 17
Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere.
Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to
irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. G-d I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20
Electricity is back on, but had another 14 inches of the da[r]n stuff last night. More shoveling! Took all day. The da[r]n snowplow came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22
Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white sh1t fell today, and it's so cold, it probably won't melt until August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to [censored]. By the time I got undressed, pissed, and dressed again. I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter, but he says he's too busy. I think the [censored]h0le is lying.

December 23
Only 2 inches of snow today. And it warmed up to zero. The wife
wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What is she, nuts?!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I think she's lying.

December 24
6 inches - Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke the shovel.
Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the son of a [w]itch who drives that snowplow, I'll drag him through the snow by his balls and beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down the street at 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for the da[r]n snowplow.

December 25
Merry frickin Christmas! 20 more inches of the da[r]n slop tonight - Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. G-d, I hate the snow! Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's a frickin idiot. If I have to watch 'It's A Wonderful Life' one more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26
Still snowed in... Why the he11 did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27
Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze; plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he only charged me $1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28
Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. The [W]ITCH is driving me crazy!!!

December 29
10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30
Roof caved in. I beat up the snowplow driver, and now he is suing me for a million dollars, not only for the beating I gave him, but also for trying to shove the broken snow shovel up his a$$. The wife went home to her mother. Nine more inches predicted.

December 31
I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8
Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

Return to Top
#1113968 - 01/21/09 12:56 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phoenix
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Ha ha, I love to shovel.

Return to Top
#1113972 - 01/21/09 01:00 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pjs
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Ha ha, now we know why Peepers loves his snowblower! grin

Return to Top
#1113985 - 01/21/09 01:38 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Retired DQ
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Quite funny and could be true of where my daughter lives. They actually have two snow blowers in case one breaks down (which it did last week). There was too much snow for it.

Down below 0 here again this morning. Oh well the ice fishermen are happy!!!!

Return to Top
#1113990 - 01/21/09 01:41 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready to Retire
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Zero here this morning on my way to work...feel like cramming the shovel handle up the you know what of the weatherman!

Return to Top
#1114007 - 01/21/09 02:07 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pjs
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: pjs
Ha ha, I love to shovel.

crazy

Return to Top
#1114033 - 01/21/09 02:29 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A_G
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
shocked

Return to Top
#1114332 - 01/21/09 06:03 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pjs
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Cold spell coming here....down to 75 today....might need a sweater tomorrow.....

Return to Top
#1114336 - 01/21/09 06:05 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! califgirl
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
It was in the twenties when i left for work this morning, now its back up to the seventies according to my thermostat.

Blah =\

Return to Top
#1114369 - 01/21/09 06:29 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spook-a-Muffin
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
so Spooky is extremely hot, is that what we are saying here....

Return to Top
#1114393 - 01/21/09 06:41 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pale Rider
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
not extremely hot, but its nice weather.

Return to Top
#1114416 - 01/21/09 06:54 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spook-a-Muffin
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
not a cloud in the sky here, and nice for the rest of the week too

Return to Top
#1114486 - 01/21/09 08:13 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pale Rider
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
My husband and I are coming to Dallas in February. Please keep it warm in Texas for us. We are both tired of this miserable cold, snowy weather.

Return to Top
#1114491 - 01/21/09 08:20 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready to Retire
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
We'll try smile

Return to Top
#1114502 - 01/21/09 08:31 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready to Retire
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
We'll try smile

Return to Top
#1114508 - 01/21/09 08:39 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready to Retire
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Early Winter
My husband and I are coming to Dallas in February. Please keep it warm in Texas for us. We are both tired of this miserable cold, snowy weather.

my first year living in Texas I got a sunburn playing golf in February, in Dallas too!

so we hope you get the same treatment!
Last edited by Pale Rider; 01/21/09 08:42 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the month

Return to Top
#1114758 - 01/22/09 12:48 AM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pale Rider
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
We hope so too. The way our weather is going we may be snowed in in PA and uable to get off the ground at the airport.

Return to Top
#1117553 - 01/27/09 01:48 PM Re: BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready to Retire
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
So I slid into work this morning! mad

Kentucky among other states are getting hit today by a major ice/snow storm! I hope it snows a freaking foot!

Return to Top
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9