guess not...wrong Amy

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1117512 - 01/27/09 04:46 AM Re: WWJD, or Poor Sportsmanship? kms
Seadevil Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
Originally Posted By: kms
Just an update, the coach from the winning team has been fired. Story on foxnews if you want to read it

hehe I just have to add the Golden Rule is mentioned in the article

What was put out on the news is that the Coach did not agree with the administration's actions. Not being very smart in my opinion he waged an email campaign against the administration.

Here is my thought, I've been in one of those games, fortunately was on the winning side. This was H.S. football and the score ended 60-0. First team Offense and defense played a majority of the first half and one series in the second half. By the fourth quarter it was nothing but third stringers playing against the other team's first string and we still scored.

So should our third string not play to score? Should they basically just go and lay down? I don't think so because, those kids put in as much practice time as the first team, plus this was actual game experience.

The only problem I have with this is that the winners continued to execute a full court press. That I think is a little over the top, but I can't really fault the coach if he had the subs in and this was to get experience.

I've coached kids between the ages of 5-17 when my sons played and my teams have been on both sides. I've seen our kids get spanked and seen them spank other teams. So not being in that coach's head, I don't see a whole lot of fault. Actually, I commend the other team for continue to play, it would have been very easy for them to quit.

Return to Top
#1117531 - 01/27/09 01:01 PM Re: WWJD, or Poor Sportsmanship? Seadevil
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I understand your point Seadevil, but they were playing other kids with known handicaps, the school they come from only has about 20 students. I am not saying let the other team just win, by any means but running up the score on them, I think it does go against the Golden Rule. jmo

Return to Top
#1117808 - 01/28/09 05:01 AM Re: WWJD, or Poor Sportsmanship? kms
Seadevil Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
I understand your's also, the only thing that I have a problem is continuing to press the other team.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3