Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#112150 - 09/04/03 05:17 PM HMDA and Adverse Action
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
I'm filling in at another department today & don't have access to my reference materials, but my CEO needs an answer.

Situation: Customer has a $50K HELOC. Requests a $175K mortgage (max. indebtedness $225K). Based on appraisal, max indebtedness can't exceed $205K. Bank is willing to go $180K on the mortgage if the HELOC is cut to $25K.

Questions: If customer accepts the $180K mortgage w/the $25K reduction in the HELOC, is the mortgage approval all that is recorded on the HMDA-LAR? Is the reduction in the HELOC the only thing that is noted on the adverse action? Am I asking the wrong questions? Your answers and constructive correction are appreciated!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#112151 - 09/04/03 06:01 PM Re: HMDA and Adverse Action
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Regarding the HMDA question, I think the answer is yes. I don't see where there is adverse action involved if the customer is agreeing to the arrangement. It's an acceptance of a counter-offer and would not be considered adverse, even if you reducing the amount available under the HELOC.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z