Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1122203 - 02/03/09 09:46 PM 1 Corporation with 2 different dba's?
devsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
NYC
We have 2 accounts for the same corporation (they have the same EIN) but each has a different dba name and a different address. Is this proper? We also need to file a CTR for 2 deposits made to these accounts (1 deposit to each) and wonder if we should show them twice (separate Part 1 Section A) or jsut once.

Thanks fo ryour help.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1122335 - 02/04/09 01:18 AM Re: 1 Corporation with 2 different dba's? devsfan
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would complete two sections As showing one DBA in each section. A company is not limited to the number of ficticious names under which they can operate.

Return to Top
#1122474 - 02/04/09 02:39 PM Re: 1 Corporation with 2 different dba's? rlcarey
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
I had a discussion regarding this issue with FinCEN many years ago (and of course that, in reality, means nothing) and I was instructed to list both if they were different "types" of businesses such as a convenience store and a shoe store. I was advised to show only one if they were both convenience stores. I was inquiring on one of my customers operating under about 7 different names (all gas/convenience stores). If my customer only had two names, I would probably list both if my system permitted to avoid potential problems in future exams.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z