Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1125626 - 02/07/09 05:59 PM This how a set up is established...
buggs Offline
Power Poster
OK, here's how you lay the groundwork for a set up. The issue? Prez Obama's promise to get the US out of Iraq. The set up? Preparing in advance who to blame if he doesn't deliver.

You see, it cannot be Obama's fault, so we have to find someone else to blame. Who you ask? The military leadership, of course! This is how it begins...

Are Obama's Generals Plotting to Undermine his Exit Strategy for Iraq?

Please note the editorializing in the headline. It says "plotting." Think about that for a moment. It doesn't say "questioning" it uses a more sinister word. And then we see the word "undermine." That is just a stepping stone to the word they will use next: "treason."

They are so obvious, but most people won't notice because, as Mark Heard observed:

Running from a world that they will never understand
The masses ride their passions with the throttle in their hands
Nobody knows
What is waiting around the bend

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1125678 - 02/08/09 05:25 AM Re: This how a set up is established... buggs
Seadevil Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
What do you expect. I think all do it to some extent, however the one that sticks out in my mind was when President Clinton was running for first term. He stated that Gays would be allowed in the military. The reason I remember this so well was I was recruiting in Western Kentucky and lets just say that is not the hotbed area for gays to reside in. Heard quite of bit of negativity from the parents of the kids I visited.

Anyway, President Clinton is elected, instead of signing an Executive Order, he goes to the Joint Chiefs and basically negotiate a compromise with the Joint Chiefs. Basically all that was done was the elimination of two questions on the Enlistment Questionnaire.

So when the Gay community complained, well it wasn't President Clinton's fault, it was the Joint Chiefs and the leaders in the military. Now I was no fan of President Clinton, but in my mind if he would stab a group in the back who clearly supported him in his election, what would he do to the ones who did not.

IMO and it is just that because I do not have anything to back this up is that this will not be the only incident during this President's term.

Return to Top
#1125679 - 02/08/09 06:57 AM Re: This how a set up is established... Seadevil
buggs Offline
Power Poster
This is not about what we expect. It's about keeping our eyes open and our brains engaged.

Return to Top